Range Bar Chart on MT4 - page 14

Friend it is a good habit to refer some indicators or charts which could help you in trading. The present market scenario is uncertain and cannot say when it dates a dip or becomes stable.

Download?

Hello all,

I have been researching the PRB's and found this link. I was wondering, where do I download Michals CRB for MT4 at?

Thanks!

10+YearTrader

10+YearTrader:
Hello all,

I have been researching the PRB's and found this link. I was wondering, where do I download Michals CRB for MT4 at?

Thanks!

10+YearTrader

Here is the link ,

MQL Service Shop

TommyD:
Here is the link , MQL Service Shop

Thanks!.. got it...

A question for Michal... Is there any way to get the CRB's to take data from a longer time frame chart, like a daily chart? I would like to create a better look at the longer time frames and I'm not sure how to do this. I just tried to create a CRB 25 pip chart from a daily usdjpy chart, and got the warning pop up that is should be taken from the 1min chart, but ok'd it anyway. I noticed that the 3 last candles aren't functioning correctly, and have a big gap in the chart in the evening hours of march 18. Anyway, I understand that what I did was not how your script was intended to work, just wondering if there has been any previous requests for this, and if you have any thoughts or plans for doing this? Or is it even possible? Pip Range Charts / CRB's are new to me so excuse me if i'm missing something obvious..

I bought your script btw, really like it so far..

Thanks for you time Michal.

Peace

10+

It will not make any difference even if you could use a different tf chart to place the ea on.

Once you open a chart with crb's time is taken out of the chart.

If you want to see candles that take longer to form use a larger number in the "BarRange" input. look and see what the atr is for whatever pair you want to look at on the daily chart and enter that as your BarRange parameter.

It took me a few hours to quit thinking about TIME when I first started using them but now I don't even think about it any more.

Thank you

10+YearTrader:
A question for Michal... Is there any way to get the CRB's to take data from a longer time frame chart, like a daily chart? I would like to create a better look at the longer time frames and I'm not sure how to do this. I just tried to create a CRB 25 pip chart from a daily usdjpy chart, and got the warning pop up that is should be taken from the 1min chart, but ok'd it anyway. I noticed that the 3 last candles aren't functioning correctly, and have a big gap in the chart in the evening hours of march 18. Anyway, I understand that what I did was not how your script was intended to work, just wondering if there has been any previous requests for this, and if you have any thoughts or plans for doing this? Or is it even possible? Pip Range Charts / CRB's are new to me so excuse me if i'm missing something obvious..

I bought your script btw, really like it so far..

Thanks for you time Michal.

Peace

Thank you for your purchase.

There is no need to look at any specific timeframe as range bars are 'timeless'. The reason that they require 1 min chart is that for historical bars the modeling from 1 min is the best. Real time bars are made from incoming ticks anyway.

I don't quite understand the second part of your post. Can you explain more what 'possible' should be?

Regards

michal:

I don't quite understand the second part of your post. Can you explain more what 'possible' should be?

Regards

I was simply asking if it was possible to create a CRB chart from a longer time frame chart such as a daily, but you and Tommy have already answered that question. I was thinking that a daily or a 4 hour chart has more data on it, or price action, and therefore I could see more price swings. I think what I should do is go to the "History Center" and download all the data I can, then do a CRB chart from there. I am trying to set up an indicator and trading rules, and would like to have as much data as I can to do this.

Thanks,

10+

Range bars

Hi,

Just purchased 'Crb's' & seem to have some trouble getting any bars!

Stupid questions:

1. Do I need to open script on both live & off line charts?

2. Will it only work when market is open (no historic stuff)

Tks

Reason: