Range Bar Chart on MT4 - page 7

MrM:
if you want this, just order it with mqlservice, I am very happy with their 3 scripts (renko, CRB and equalvolumecharts) and they work all the time. But I would like to discuss some trading strategies on CRB's: do you think it requires a special type of trading system to be more succesfull?

Maarten, please look at their video and see yourself. The link is YouTube - FOREX PIP RANGE BAR CHARTS TradingFX.com

michal offcourse that would be the best if anyone here can program an indicator for mt4 that simply does this pip range bars. and then use the strategy we seen on the video or maybe a simple trendfollowing strategy would work.

best regards

jgadefelth:
michal offcourse that would be the best if anyone here can program an indicator for mt4 that simply does this pip range bars. and then use the strategy we seen on the video or maybe a simple trendfollowing strategy would work. best regards

Well, you probably belived in the video that "pip range bars" are revolutionary. We did this revolution about half year ago, but we call it constant range bars. It is exactly the same and available for a long time already on my site. By the way, the price is much lower than $500.

ok michal your site is the one that you link to ?

have you tryed this bars how good are they for real now please not some fanse sell talk are they better than a regular moneymaking system or cant i live without them ?

best regards

These are the bars that all people here are talking all the time. Just read this thread.

I believe that is the bars that everyone is talking about but are they any good or just good in theory ?? thats the big Q they sound good in theory.

best regards

I don't understand what are you asking about. Bars have constant range in theory and in practice. What good or bad can be about this?

MrM ...thanks for the charts to compare...I was able to take a copy of each to paint and examine it...it was most helpful

jgadefelth ...as I recall from my free week with them ...the costs are $500 to setup an account which included two months in their live trading room...then $150 per month membership...plus $ $200 for datafeed...all of this on the surface seems pricey...but...it depends on your skill set...they offer lots of hand holding, education, the software, their experience with the charts plus years of trading, and of course there is the live interaction with other traders.

Pip range bars are ...just another tool...the best thing about them is time becomes irrelevent..BUT you still need time based charts for longer term analysis

in my experience there is no such thing as a holy grail...but i do believe they can help traders improve...is their service worth the cost? each person must answer that for himself...my answer was no, as i already have a homebrew system that works and PRBs are just another tool to add...plus I hate all the noise in live trade rooms it is distracting

michal...you are correct that their strategy is simple...but simple strategies usually work best i find...how about your trading (simple or complex strategies)? their service may be just the thing for someone that is not yet a profitable trader. what if they make that trader profitable including their service charges, is it expensive now?

comparing cost only is an unfair comparison...WSAL is free, but no training, strategies, and bar lengths inconsistent and shadows to deal with....Michals's script about $40; no training, no optimzed settings per cross, no strategies, no education...both of these require 2 charts per pip range selection, so to trade 8 crosses as i do would require 32 charts for pip range bar charts, plus another 8 charts for time based analysis...total 40 charts...theirs "read the info earlier" and 16 charts only...my opinion each has it's own place and it is for each individual decide what is best for them.

i was able to test their systems free for a week and did learn about pip range bars use through them, also their system was not for me....i tried using WSAL script combined with a simple strategy in a demo account for a couple weeks, liked the results and took it live in a micro account last nite, it performed well except for flaws noticed previously....have not been able to see yours except as static info, so i have no knowledge of it

Years ago while chatting w/ an auto shop owner discussing education for his mechanics which he was reluctant to pay for; he said "what if i send them for training, they learn, then want more money or leave?" I pointed out they might do those things or you can deny them education and they stay, how much does that cost your business?

I am not promoting their service, as I stated earlier I did not like it. I do not know if they still offer a free week, but if they do it would be a way for each trader to decide if this tool will help their trading.

michal...please accept my apology for previously mis-spelling your name...just too use to the english version.

da-net:

Michals's script about $40;

Due to great interest and of course bigger support costs, I've increased the price to 50EUR for compiled version. But well, seeing how Euro is falling it should be soon less than $40

da-net:

no training, no optimized settings per cross, no strategies, no education...both of these require 2 charts per pip range selection, so to trade 8 crosses as i do would require 32 charts for pip range bar charts, plus another 8 charts for time based analysis...total 40 charts...theirs "read the info earlier" and 16 charts only...

not 40 but 24 if you wish to have CBR on one minute (for most accurate historical bars). However if you are interested only in real time feed then 16 charts is enough, you can attach CBR to yours time based analysis charts.

michal:
Due to great interest and of course bigger support costs, I've increased the price to 50EUR for compiled version. But well, seeing how Euro is falling it should be soon less than $40 not 40 but 24 if you wish to have CBR on one minute (for most accurate historical bars). However if you are interested only in real time feed then 16 charts is enough, you can attach CBR to yours time based analysis charts.

Michal...are you now selling a version of your script that has NOT been compiled and thus can be modified by the purchaser to fit their needs?

are you saying that two different PRBs (8 & 15) can be attached to each one min chart and they both can be displayed at the same time in the same window 0 of one additional PRB chart using your script? OR am I missing something in how your script works?

if not it is 40 charts....8 charts for time based= 8 charts plus...8 one min charts for each 8 PRB chart= 16 charts plus...8 more one min chart for each 15 PRB chart= 16 charts...total 40 charts = huge system footprint OR am i missing something here?

Reason: