Frank EA and 10p3 EAs - page 11

Updated statements for public 10p3v0.03 EA (just to compare with Frank_mod).

Read this post for the EA/settings and so on.

Files:
10p3v0.03.zip  318 kb

1. With this modified version of this EA, what do you think the recommended starting balance should be. Could it work with as little as $100, or would that get wiped out pretty quick due to excessive draw downs?

2. Does this EA adjust the percent you're willing to risk as your account builds up or is it always the same regardless?

Forgive me if I seem a little ignorant. I've been using this EA in a demo for a little while with overwhelming results. Is this a Martingale? If so does it have any advantages that other Martingales don't?

Thank you.

jdn74:
1. With this modified version of this EA, what do you think the recommended starting balance should be. Could it work with as little as $100, or would that get wiped out pretty quick due to excessive draw downs?

2. Does this EA adjust the percent you're willing to risk as your account builds up or is it always the same regardless?

Forgive me if I seem a little ignorant. I've been using this EA in a demo for a little while with overwhelming results. Is this a Martingale? If so does it have any advantages that other Martingales don't?

Thank you.

Frank EA is unlimited martingale. No any limitation for cycles and lot sizes. The is one limitation in Frank_mod version: the martinale cycles are started withing trading hours only and it is t GMT night (because we hope that there are not any nes events at night and market is more flatty). I am testing this Frank_mod with 25,000 starting deposit with initial lot size = 0.01 and I am still affraid for margin calls.

If you really an to use this EA so you must test ot on demo first (Frank_mod version), with one pair only. Besides, if you want to use it ith real mony so this EA should be improved for more information text on the chart (leverage; last cycle, biggest lot size for last cycle and so on).

If we are having just on limitation for this martingale (timefilter with Frank_mod version) so we mist have at least all the information on the chart to see about hat EA id and doing. Just to tak right decision manually.

But for now you can use 10p3v0.03 EA from files thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044

And with one pair only (author suggested EURUSD).

And please note that this 10p3v0.03 EA is martingale as well.

------------

It was some good talking about martingale and what is that and how it was started. Do not remember the thread now (in public sections). I remember only that Martingale was the name of province in France where the people did not want to look like other people and always tried to be a different from any other people ... it was many centuries ago ... than some mathematicians worked ... but it was a lot of critics about martingale technique (well-known from 18th century if I remember this time - and many famous people and writers were followed maringale system in that time - it was very modern system and many people wanted to be different and unique from any other people - not in financial market only). But many other mathematicians said that any martingale system works well in theory with unlimited condition but if our condition is limited so it does not work - you will lose your money soon or later. It was in 18 century discussion. I still remember that time and it was really good disussion.

Our condition is limited in forex by our deposit size (or our money in the pocket in case of 18 century martingale for example).

So, this Frank_mod is having timefilter as a filter. And it is only we can do in this case.

Files:
10points.jpg  137 kb

Thanks for the info. I've been really intrigued by this type of system, but like you, a little scared to use it. I guess thats why I wondered if there was a way to start out with a small amount of money and make weekly or bi-weekly withdrawals as some others have done. I don't think I'd let it ride very long without making regular withdrawals for fear of having the account wiped out too soon - cause there's no doubt its just a matter of time. It sure would be nice to figure out a way to keep losses minimal other than putting a timeframe on it. But I guess if some genius figured that out, none of us would know about it, right?

Thanks for being so helpful - someday I hope to be helpful to others more than I am now.

Updated visual statements for Frank_mod.

Files:

Updated statements for Frank_mod EA.

And it is visual statement:

Files:

And it is the image from Metatrader where I am testing:

Files:

It is updated statements for Frank_mod EA:

Please note that I am making/posting all the statements during the weekend. So, please read this thread about where to find the statements for all the EAs testing https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174416

Reason: