Frank EA and 10p3 EAs - page 5

Statements for Frank EA is updated.

And it is visual statement:

Almost 50% DD NICE LOL.

Kalenzo, I am entertaining

I am trying to estimate the time to the account to survive. Besides most of DD came ffrom GBPJPY ...

I think this ea survived only because it is not opening trades all the time. In my metatrader it opened 7 trades in one direction and stopped. Now imagine that you are entering in large trend. Even if you will stop placing trades, the trades that were placed before will kill you

Files:
7trades.gif  13 kb

I understand everything. I am testing EURUSD and other pairs. And I am testing GBPJPY which is most risky for this kind of system.

And account survived during the 1 month.

We are talking but EA is trading and account is surviving

Suffering but surviving!

I did not close anything manually and there is no any timefilter for that.

Can you imagine if account will survive for 3 months with GBPJPY?

:) Yeah! GbpJpy is a real killer for martingale systems

Look at this:

Files:
frank_gbpjpy.jpg  146 kb

newdigital:
Look at this:

Hymmm, wondering why my ea stopped to placing trades? What account size did you choosed for that demo?

I started with 10,000.

Alpari UK broker, starting with 0.01 lor size, 1:100 leverage.

The Frank's Mistery

Newdigital - I know that you are just waiting, but other members can wonder why are you thinking that such ea will blow up account someday? LOL

So I decided to put some larger comment on this with tests.

I attached to this messages 3 images and zip file. On one of the images you can see test with 5000 starting capital, second with 10 000 and third - a part of 10000 test.

Now lets start with 5000. It started to trade, it was running good - just as we planned, and then WOoohha! Blow up account! Why? Well it had not enough capital to open another martingale trade - and the drawdown was too big. It is simple - it was just no lucky.

So lets start again with bigger amount of cash 10000. Now we are talking, everything is going great ,and equity cuve is heading straight to up. Seems nice? Well this is also not nice because of 2 reasons:

Lets say that final hit crushed account because end of data, so lets assume that we earned that 60 000 usd.

So first thing is that you earned 60 000, but how long did it take you? 9 YEARS it is 6666 usd / year => 555 USD montly FROM 10 000 invested capital, this means that you are earning 5.5% montly (remember from 10 000). So 5.5% montly is very nice, it will give you 66% yearly right? It's very nice result.

BUT!!!

In second test you were lucky too take a look at my third screenshot. You see that the ea was trading 20.48 LOTS, also 10.24 and 5.12 very often. Try to open 20.48 lots with 1:100 lev, and 10 000 usd account. And you will see what I'm talking about. This ea survived only because it earned some cash before so it had just enough cash for margin. But lets say that you will want to live from this and you will be withdrawing that 500 usd every month (I don't know how someone who can invest 10 000 usd can live for 500 usd/montly but lets assume that he can). So you will have 10 000 all the time, and when trade which will require 5 or 10 lots to trade will come, you will be blowed.

Now lets say that you will not withdraw funds, but you want to invest them. Your basic amount was 10 000, so when you earned 10 000 you incerased base volume to 0.02 lot. In this case you are risking the same right? You are risking just all of your account. Equity will grow up faster, but you will be incerasing volume at next steps. So the risk is the same. This idea will also be blowed fast

Even if you will not be withdrawing the funds for 9 years, there will be a situation that will blow your account (like on my last test) finaly there will be a huge trend that will clean your funds.

And rembember, dear reader, that Forex is not gambling, it is not a matter to be lucky, but to invest your funds in the way that will let you to be at the winning side.

Amen!

Reason: