Mp6140's Hedge - page 12

Two beer or not two beer...

My live statement since march. Ok, at the begin a little bit risky...:-) Some

words, the big minus (600pips) at the begin was in cause of a not working

EA, which closed my trades automatic.

mp6140 thanks for your strategy!

Bye, Alex

PS: "SELL SELL SELL" and "BUY BUY BUY" was an other EA at the begin.

have trouble has to understand(include)

Hello Azmel

For 15 days, I have install(settle) on 5 platforms of demonstration the expert: " mp6140's Hedge V3 [ 1 31 ] "

When I look in the part "At newspaper" of the platform, it(he) is so mention:

" Expert mp6140's Hedge V3 [1 31] GBPUSD, H1: loaded Successfully "

Everything works well , but at the end of half a journne of work I look again in the part "At newspaper" of the platform and I find mention inside:

" Expert stdlib GBPUSD, H1: loaded Successfully " while I I have anything installs(settles) at all.

Could say me to yourselves what happens? Is it that it comes from my broker who is FXLITE why an expert whom I do not know comes to settle down quite only on my platforms of demonstration?

In advance I thank you for helping me

Yves

Ah, well, my demo account got wiped out...as mp6140 stated earlier, this trade doesnt work in a trending market and the GBP/USD is definitely trending down...

definitly, not two beer...

my account also "wiped"! a live one.

(Now it starts again @400USD *g*)

Bye, Alex

Adding Date input on post #64

azmel:
Excellent coding, BigBoppa ! Hopefully someone can backtest this EA now. It will be interesting to see if the UseBreakEven switch will be better or not when looking at long term profit/account growth.

Azmel / BigBoppa

Point One

I have seriously followed this thread and I find it the best Ea for trading NEWS BREAKS Since I can setup my entries and go to work(+3gmt here so I always miss the big news).

My suggestion is to add dates for all the 'time to trade' inputs so that 'Date_1 will go with 'time to trade-1' and 'Date-2' will go with 'time to trade-2' and so on for the rest.

Point Two

When I forward test only the first 2 time setups are executed instead of 3 or 4 which i have input. Please check on this.

I know I am late in this thread but guys you will do us a big one.

thanks

Karama

pls see post below

karama

hedge

i love this system but i trade it different. iclose any open trade at 8am est.take my profit and start over.i do not use stops. just scalp i few pips most every day.. try it TEXAN

Time Clarification

First, Thanks for the strategy. It is very interesting to say the least. Between the broker's GMT +- whatever and EST ( do we use daylight savings time), ect, I'm a little confused on the time. Like right now, since we are on daylight savings time, does that mean the 12:00 ( Approximate reversal ) happens at 12:00 EST or 11:00 EST since our clocks are set ahead. Thanks again. I love this strategy.

Eurusd

OK, figured it out. Another question : Any reason the EURUSD would not be a better vehicle for this strategy ? It seems to me that the pip spread is much lower on EURUSD with most brokers and you would also have less slippage. The volatility looks about the same. Am I missing something ?

euro/usd

I AGREE

Reason: