Join the Dots. - page 25

TheRumpledOne

TheRumpledOne,

Can you please post those nice looking indicators?

Thanks, Victor

zmax:
TheRumpledOne,

Can you please post those nice looking indicators?

Thanks, Victor

Megatrends is in this thread.

3 level zz semafor: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178414

Information about the others can be found here:

https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/commercial-talks/9169-therumpledone-indicators

Nice to see you pop your head in here Rumpled, thanks for the input and the 3_Level indicator, I'll play with it next week and see if it can help improve things?

Cheers

Wayne

MP -- MACD indicator does its thing.

whewwwwww --- heck of a busy week trying to figure which way they would move and when with all the news and choco kisses being thrown around this week. If any out there trade at night, you would have seen each night before news, NOTHING was happening --- the prices were moving like two turtles mating, cause everyone waited for news release, as was obvious !

the $250 demo account is now $676 three days after starting, so there IS some hope out there.

hope all of ya got into GU today (or similar, cause if "US" was in the pair, they all had massive moves)

the new hedge strategy has paid off each and every time and often within minutes of placing, so we watching that with more than a decent amount of interest.

attached is todays GU chart on the H1 timeframe, and if you look real close, down on the bottom are the RED lines of the LRC, showing continuation to the downside.

what i wanted to point out is the DROP on the MACD/MA indicator PRIOR to the actual move, the location of the ma's showing SHORT disposition, and the red OVER yellow ma, which is a SHORT indicator ----- note the purple line, which is my MACD line, and how its now gone horizontal from its down move.

This alerts to one of two things --- if the line remains horizontal and the red ma remains over the yellow ma, you have a slow and steady short situation, and if one looks at the weekly and monthly chart, that is confirmed !

The other to watch for is that it may be getting ready for a reversal on the daily, although a sneaky little blue line heading down (the bols) is HEADING down !

I would imagine some more downside on the overall trend at this point, with a reversal monday (sunday ?) to the upside after its hit those blue dots down there at support !

actually ive got a pretty good idea of where its going, but this post is about how the MACD thingie works and not how i throw chicken bones to prophesize the future.

Allow me to point out the two "BUYS" on the lower part of the chart --- one is a reversal hedge which obviously DID NOT get taken out (the short side one DID !) --- if this had been a normal day, it would have been taken out already, but being friday I did this as an experiment to see just HOW long it takes, in a downtrend, for a long to be taken out, ESPECIALLY as I NEVER take the friday trade ! The second "buy" was purely my fat fingers hitting the wrong button, and while the present trend is downwards to recover from the runup of this week, it may get a tad dicey and i may just have to dump it, BUT next week should contain a reversal and my long will be gone the way of the Dodo bird ! (so it says in my script !)

the SECOND chart is the 30 min timeframe, and we see the BLUE bols are coming together indicating a possible consolidation at the support point ---- notice the MACD/MA indicator is showing the purple line (MACD) has broken UP thru the blue and green lines (20 and 50 ma) and the YELLOW and RED lines (the ma 2 and 5) are VERY close to each other, with the yellow "looking" like it will crossover the "red" which would be BULLISH !

In this trade situation, I will ONLY trade the 5 minute chart and go flat at the normal intraday reversal points, waiting to see if its really time for the uptrend reversal, or a continuation to the downside ----- at this point, thinking one is brave by taking a premature long position is FOOLHARDY at the very least, because there is support below (1,9647) and the bols are telling us there will be consolidation by the banks, as they await the next news !

its the weekend so ill see if i can find any good jokes to pass the time !!!

enjoy and trade well

mp

Files:
gu_today.jpg  151 kb
gu_closeup.jpg  116 kb

can someone please answer my question below. cheers.

how do i change the parameters of the zig zag indicator so it looks exactly like the swing_ZZ indicator i downloaded from post 1 of this thread?

regards

azmel:
Ok everyone,

I'm reverting back to mp6140's tip that was given at post number 17, page 2 of this thread.

I've wrote a couple of EAs based on mp6140's tip but they are all buggy. I managed to debug the error and I'm posting a working one here. I shall delete the previous EAs that are non-working and will point all to this one.

As mp6140 has advised in his/her tip, do not put any stop loss. But if any of you are quite nervous about this, you can enter a stoploss with this EA. Should you feel that you don't want to, then leave it as 0.

are there any custom indicators needed for this EA to work?

I will give it a try this week.

Thanks

Mp -- Quess I Need To Go Further

While avery's digital stuff is prettier than my suiggly lines (we both joke about this constantly) --- well, actually im not gonna continue that sentance !

but to clarify my below charts and talk about some of my methods, i present ---- for your edification and entertainment and possible profit - - - - -

THE GU 3 YEAR MONTHLY CHART !!

using this sucker is like looking at the H4 as far as trend is concerned and while within EACH candle, there will be much movement up and down, with even some minor trend changes, ITS REALLY TRYING TO SHOW YOU WHATS HAPPENING AND WHATS THE DIRECTION OF THE TREND (for those fools who trade without stoplosses - - - - like me !)

so gather round and take a gander and see where your money is heading in the future on GU ------ I would venture, based on past history and GU breaking each support area downwards, WAY down there is a brown line and a purple line and i would think we might see a candle there in a few months down the line -- well, maybe more than a few months !

its just NOT brain surgery !!

in the world of theory, theory and reality are the same ------ in the world of reality, theory usually blows up !

mp

Files:
gu_3_year.jpg  170 kb

Yes, MP and I chat about analog/digital all the time. Each one is a tool. It's not a case of which is better. Each trader must find what works for them.

I like to use Fib Projections off support / resistance to see where price is heading.

If you look at the chart above, you will see that price reaches the salmon colored fib dots from previous sup/res levels.

Notice when price enters the area between the salmon colored dots, it retraces!! This is money just sitting on the table waiting to be picked up.

Notice if the price touches support or resistance a second time and it doesn't break it, then it takes off in the other direction and usually goes into the fib projection area.

I like to use linear regression, too, as a target and as a reversal area.

KaMpeR:
Hi Folks

Please understand that this system makes money as a manual trading system and I have no wish to pay a coder to code one of my systems and then still make money from it.

If that offends anyone, so be it, but at least it has been said right up front.

This originated after following the Bouncing Pip Thread, found here, and not liking the fact that ZigZag called the shots. So I reversed the logic and placed the trend determination first and only then trade the "Bouncing Pip".

I am not going to discuss the management or exit of the trades, anyone who does code will have a good idea as to what type of exit strategy suits this entry strategy once they understand it and manual coders will choose to exit based on what they see when they see it, much the same way that I do. I exit based mostly on Gut and Vision, this cannot be written into an EA but I am happy discuss options that may or may not be good idea's?

The basics are this;

H4 chart, any pair, although I mostly trade only the EUR pairs manually.

Long Trades

When Mega Trend and Trend Histo are both blue, trade any Red dot that appears as soon as the dot appears, do not wait for the end of the candle.

Short Trades

When Mega Trend and Trend Histo are both Red, trade any Blue dot that appears as soon as the dot appears, do not wait for the end of the candle.

SL is usually 21 or 34, but I vary this depending on my perception of trend strength.

Float is on the chart purely as a visual confirmation, it has a fairly decent ability to pick final Highs and Lows, which helps when I want to load a trade with a few more lots than normal.

This is the basis of the system, please don't fire questions at me about trade management and closing of trades, I do not have the answers, I close on what I see, all I can tell you is that I almost never close the entire trade, but if Trend Histo changes to Yellow, I usually close out half the position and allow the balance to trail with a fixed TS.

The value of the TS is normally anything from 34 to 144 and based purely my perception of the strength of the trend.

Thanks

Wayne

Picture added.

All Indicators used on the chart are posted in this post with the exception of "Magnified Market Price" which is just a visual aid and zigzag_pointerV2 which is purely there to show me any repainting that may occur from Swing_ZZ.
Reason: