Join the Dots. - page 67

Anyone still trading this system?

Hi folks

Long time no chat.

But for those of you still using this system, how did you like the pips made over December and early January.

Man I thought the trend would never end. I made almost 4 months target in just that holiday period alone.

Now I normally do not trade December, but the strength of the trend on so many pairs was amazing and I just had to stay in.

I had some great luck with especially AUD/CHF, where I got in on 1st December at 0.92600, then added to the position all the way up to 0.98740 on the 17th January, where I chickened out, took my profit and banked it.

I also got similar trades on 4 other pairs, what a great way to start the new year. I sure hope that some of you guys got that ride also?

can you use any zigzag? I have one with email alert that sends a text to my cell, I hate to be chained to my computer all day long

Money Bags:
can you use any zigzag? I have one with email alert that sends a text to my cell, I hate to be chained to my computer all day long

Yes, you can use any ZigZag, just make sure it gives similar results to the one posted.

Wayne Ovenstone:

Anyone still trading this system?

Hi folks

Long time no chat.

But for those of you still using this system, how did you like the pips made over December and early January.

Man I thought the trend would never end. I made almost 4 months target in just that holiday period alone.

Now I normally do not trade December, but the strength of the trend on so many pairs was amazing and I just had to stay in.

I had some great luck with especially AUD/CHF, where I got in on 1st December at 0.92600, then added to the position all the way up to 0.98740 on the 17th January, where I chickened out, took my profit and banked it.

I also got similar trades on 4 other pairs, what a great way to start the new year. I sure hope that some of you guys got that ride also?

Hi Wayne, how are you doing in.

I just recently came across with your post, and am very interested in giving it a try.

May i ask since a relativly long time has passed, are you still using the same strategy as your trading method? or during time, you have revised it to better suit the need?

Any guidance would be very much appreciated.

BR

Leonard

Leonard Liu #:

Hi Wayne, how are you doing in.

I just recently came across with your post, and am very interested in giving it a try.

May i ask since a relativly long time has passed, are you still using the same strategy as your trading method? or during time, you have revised it to better suit the need?

Any guidance would be very much appreciated.

BR

Leonard

Hi Leonard

Nope, I have moved on as indicators and markets have been updated or changed so has the strategy and it would now need a complete rewrite or rethink.

Having said that I still trade along similar lines looking for tops and bottoms in a trend and still do not have a successful automated strategy, so manual it is for me to this day.

Thanks for posting this Kamper. I've always enjoyed your posts and the logical simple approach you take. You also trade in my own style, which is to say a slower pace. I live on 4hr and daily charts.

Morning

The indicator Float.mq4, found in Post 1, will not run any more.

Could somebody that understands code, please take a look as I am sure it is probably something really simple, but being a non-coder, I have no idea how to fix it.

Thank you in advance.

Wayne Ovenstone #:

Morning

The indicator Float.mq4, found in Post 1, will not run any more.

Could somebody that understands code, please take a look as I am sure it is probably something really simple, but being a non-coder, I have no idea how to fix it.

Thank you in advance.

I am not sure that I fixed this indicator in very correct way (there is still one warning in MetaEditor)
but anyway - indicator works now (attached).
Files:
float.mq4  17 kb

Sergey Golubev #:
I am not sure that I fixed this indicator in very correct way (there is still one warning in MetaEditor)
but anyway - indicator works now (attached).
Many thanks Sergey, it is very much appreciated.
Reason: