Join the Dots. - page 31

MP the thing about new traders to FX is that a lot of times they lurk and don't post but rest assured people are reading it. It is great to have people who trade for a living sharing here. Thank you to all who share on this great thread!

homestudy:
MP the thing about new traders to FX is that a lot of times they lurk and don't post but rest assured people are reading it. It is great to have people who trade for a living sharing here. Thank you to all who share on this great thread!

==================================================

hey

you know my background so you know im familiar with how it works --

im just trying to shake em up a bit and get them out from behind where they lurk cause they aint gonna learn if they dont learn !

mp

FXBabe:
my question was a simple one, but you started making it long, involving pints and crap. im not upset about anything or angry at anyone. i just have the best interest of the members of this forum at heart. Think about it, I don't get anything more out of this. so my reason for questioning you was a good one. Anyways Ive said what I wanted to say.

=============================================

babe, if you look at your original post you will see that it is NOT a question --- not in any way shape or form or language !

I will answer ANY question you ask, but what you posted was most emphatically NOT a question -- just read it !

ASK me the question and I shall answer it, but what you SEE as a question in your post comes off as a vindictive assault against me in all other eyes ---- PLEASE, just look at what you said !

mp

MP -- how goes the $250 DEMO account ??

$840.63

enjoy and trade well

mp

mp6140:
$840.63

enjoy and trade well

mp

Are you using your 10pip hedge around the market reversals or the 5 pip version?

Some questions from a lurking newbie. . . . .

Thanks Wayne, MP and everyone who has contributed to this thread for all your insights. I have some questions (to answer your call MP...) and also have some observations that might help others.

First- what is the best LRC channel to use?

I have been using the SHI-Channel but I am not married to it.

Second- the hedge vs. stoploss strategy has me a bit confused. When do you you initiate the hedge?I thought maybe it could be a limit order 5 pips above entry or something, but I have no experience in this so I don't have a clue.

Now for a contribution of sorts. I have been testing and demoing for the last couple weeks and have to say this "Join The Dots" thing is working really well. I have added a couple of things that seem to help, but being so new to Forex, I really don't know how to evaluate them, so i'll offer them up to the group to test out.

I found that ValeoFx's XO system has some tools that work really well when tweaked with offerings from this thread. When you load a Laguerre2-ACS indicator with ValeoFx's RSI Cross, some interesting correlations happen. I'll include my versions below so you guys can test it out. When the Laguerre bottoms out and is confirmed with the MA look for a spike in the RSI Label_A. The cross of the two RSI will also confirm a reversal.

Now this doesn't sound all that fantastic, but when a Ziggy, Dot (in my case a big white star from an altered 3lvl_Semafor indi), and an RSI cross happen when the Laguerre is maxed out, it seems it almost always reverses. What's nice is that the RSI Cross and the Laguerre don't repaint (from what I have read...), so I think this can be backtested. I have also added the Silvertrend signal. When I get a signal from the Silvertrend, a White Star and a dot from the RSI Cross, the trend has hit a wall. Look for the reverse on the next few candles.

You can monitor the peak of the high/low with the RSI Label_A. I was 13 for 17 in my trades today, and I don't know diddly. I am sure you all will have a field day.

Love to have some feedback. I'll post additional indies in next posting.

simon

Files:

More lurking.....

Some more indies that may help - see screenshot....

simon

cmartin371:
Are you using your 10pip hedge around the market reversals or the 5 pip version?

==============================================

normal part time trading and 5 pip hedges

too many people were wary of the 10 pipper, so i cut it in half and doubled the lots in real life, but only played 0.05 lot in the demo, while playing it 4 or 5 times a day for real and demo.

Let me say this about that ---- the hedge has worked wonderously, often taking out both sides within half an hour in an active market and only once waiting till the next day for completion of the long side, simply because i took the trade too late in the day and could already see that there wasnt enough "headroom" for the long to complete before the reversal !

Interestingly, i broke my rule about not setting the hedge on friday and lo and behold it completed a bit after the market opened on sunday, so there may go that rule !

so far, if you follow the only rule there is (take the hedge at least 45 mins before the reversal periods) GU appears to have the range to accomodate both sides nicely !

mp

More lurking.....again

In case you don't have this one....

simon

1 week statement of mp1690 hedge EA

So far it is looking pretty good. Although I somehow caught the once in a blue moon of trades that lasted over 24 hours. Initially, I was running the original EA and have just put on the new version with a corrected stop loss. Effectively, I'm running it OOTB with a 500 pip stop.

Mark

Files:
mp6140.htm  11 kb
Reason: