Martingale EA - page 28

Results till now (live trading) : my first SL

wolfe:
That's the idea, but testing isn't proving itself as well as v1_4 yet. It must work flawlessly on multiple pairs at once. v1_4 does this, but with a ton of code. I have received some ideas on how to streamline the code, but it isn't testing right just yet.

Also trying to include some thread ideas as well.

Hoped to have it ready by today, but it's not right yet.

How is everyone's testing going?

Not really happy cause i reach my SL about a few minutes.

Whan i will be at home i will try to see if i must change my settings.

These are my detailed statements since the beguinning of TFX try(i just avoid my name and the number of my real account).

Cijas:
Not really happy cause i reach my SL about a few minutes.

Whan i will be at home i will try to see if i must change my settings.

These are my detailed statements since the beguinning of TFX try(i just avoid my name and the number of my real account).

Sorry about your SL being hit Cijas.

I was a little nervous when I found out you were trading on a live account. This EA hasn't even been in existence for three weeks yet. Still trying to perfect it. Were you using v1_3 or v1_4? I noticed all your comments said "TFX_LONG_START", this has been corrected in v1_4.

Working on this option right now.

ElectricSavant:
wolfe,

I am reposting this as this might be real convienient for some. I realize your plate is full for v1.5 and making it more efficient, but this would be a great addition to consider in my opinion, as there are many ways to use this EA.

Can we have an overide on the entry direction completely and get an input where we can indicate an initial entry direction choice of long or short?

1 for long

-1 for short

If you can implement this...that will mean that this EA will offer three types of options for initial entry direction...

The MA settings

The BO settings

User input settings

wolfe you can see that by implementing this you will give the user another option for him to use, in the event he has a bias about the direction. (he may be using Long Only or Short Only inputs in the common tab of the smiley)

ES

I'll work on this next. This part will be new for me. Anyone have ideas or examples?

WNW:
This EA works very well if you set it up correctly. It's fine as it is (I'd just like to see MM for lot sizing).

teldon:
new results + settings settings are.....

Teldon, I tried your settings on both GBP/JPY & EUR/JPY and had no success. The EA basically loaded itself with a huge loss and seemed like it was getting nowhere.

Anyone have any suggestions as for setting to be used with the cross pairs?

allinvain:
Teldon, I tried your settings on both GBP/JPY & EUR/JPY and had no success. The EA basically loaded itself with a huge loss and seemed like it was getting nowhere. Anyone have any suggestions as for setting to be used with the cross pairs?

can you post your statement please

teldon:
can you post your statement please

I was going to but I started testing another EA on the same account and the results are now contaminated. I think though the lesson for me was that the Next Trade for these two pair needs to be a lot higher than 15 or 18.

I'm thinking of sticking to less volatile pairs like the eur/usd or maybe gbp/chf, eur/chf, etc.

On that note has anyone found a somewhat profitable setting for this EA?

Something strange : need help Wolfe !

Found something strange in my live trading (version 1.4 this time) in GBPJPY.

This morning (9:33) EA open a 0.01 buy at 212.25 with NextTrade at 100 pips and SL of 10% and TP of 1 % the

At 14:35 EA open an other buy trade of 0.02 at 213.35.

At 14:48 EA close with profit my first trade (0.01) at a price of 213.40.

Ea only closed this trade not the second trade ?!

At 15:08 EA open a sell trade (0.03) at 212.35.

I am surprise that EA open the second trade (0.02) at 213.35 and not at 213.25 --> i choosed a slippage of 8 pips not 10 ?

I am more surprise that the TP was only for one trade and didn't close all orders.

Do you know why wolfe ?

One of the things I've noticed is that we get further and further away from the goal as more positions are opened as each adds another "spread" to the floating loss which makes the job of catching up progressively harder as price then needs to move much further in a given direction without a reversed entry to have any hope of closing the series.

Not sure how best to overcome this issue but it will blow up the account at some point if left unchecked. This is especially a problem with wide spread pairs like GJ.

I've tried using a very small lot increment and this does help but the account will still blow at some point.

Thinking caps on, guys!

Neo:
One of the things I've noticed is that we get further and further away from the goal as more positions are opened as each adds another "spread" to the floating loss which makes the job of catching up progressively harder as price then needs to move much further in a given direction without a reversed entry to have any hope of closing the series.

Not sure how best to overcome this issue but it will blow up the account at some point if left unchecked. This is especially a problem with wide spread pairs like GJ.

I've tried using a very small lot increment and this does help but the account will still blow at some point.

Thinking caps on, guys!

- and these are demos blowing - there is normally an extra pip-per-trade difference with a real account which will only hasten its demise!

Reason: