Martingale EA - page 87

ElectricSavant:
kayvan,

What is your opinion of the LastEntryFilter?

ES

no. i don`t believe even we need to this option . because we must have another buy or another sell at another point (above or below the previous order).

Well I hope to be able to demonstrate the power of the LastEntryFilter with shorter TF's.

You may realize that it is much safer and forces the progression to yield an entry...in pyramid mode

but I may be wrong...

ES

Entry is not correct in 1.8..

You added or subtracted when you should of done the opposite...we are getting entries at 2 pips inside the bar...or else the lookback did not lookback correctly...

ES

Files:
entry.gif  75 kb

Puh, i just wake up and there are 5 new pages to read!

You guys have to slow down with an old man...

Notice I do not even get a short entry...ordersend does not even try...

Files:
entry_1.gif  72 kb

This is my current forward test (Demo) I have gone with the nano account as that's i am in the process of opening.

ElectricSavant:
Notice I do not even get a short entry...ordersend does not even try...

Well, SOMETHING is not right! DON'T USE 1_8 for now. I'll have to look at it when I get home tonight.

Sorry everyone!

I can't believe this.

The cable H1 test on the original kayvan EA just hit the maxtrade exit and I have discontinued testing it for now...if you log-in you can see what happened for about three months...but I will no longer be trading it or going live with it

The M30 test is still surviving on 1.6 rev1...but on the brink of maxtrading out also....Late Edit: I closed it and no longer trade it..you can view it for three months but there will not be any activity there.

ES

P.S. by the way with 11 maxtrades you need more than 1K...prolly 1500 or 2K....

wolfe:
Well, SOMETHING is not right! DON'T USE 1_8 for now. I'll have to look at it when I get home tonight.

Sorry everyone!

I can't believe this.

After I made this post this morning, before I left for work I attached v1_8 to a 15m cable chart. I wanted to see what was going on.

Parameters:

Start_Lot_Size=0.1

Lot_Size_Increment=0.1

Long_Short_Balance=false

Balance_Weight=0.1

Double_Lotsize=false

Choose_Own_Progression=false

Max_Trades=100

Close_All_Max=false

Pyramid=true

Auto_Restart=true

Use_MA_Entry=false

Next_Trade=20

MA_Period=7

MA_Timeframe=60

Use_Kayvan_Method=true

Bar_Timeframe=15

Bars_Look_Back=2

EntryLag_Long=4

EntryLag_Short=4

Last_Entry_Filter=false

Use_Trailing_Stop=true

Trail_Start=10

TSLoss_Percent=50

Close_By_Percent=false

TP_Percent=5

SL_Percent=10

Close_By_Profit=5

Close_By_StopLoss=99999

Slippage=5

Number_Of_Tries=5

Sound=true

It seems like buys and sells are working.

This is what my chart looked like when I returned home: (the first usdjpy order in the statement was an accident, ignore that)

Files:

Can anyone else give me any feedback on v1_8? Have any of you had the same problems as ES?

Reason: