Martingale EA - page 22

Neo:

Hope that helps,

Neo

You've helped a lot. Thank you Neo. Check your PM.

I'll probably post v1_4 tonight. Then I'll start 1_5 using your reccomendations.

With all the help and ideas here, we'll have a great runnung ea.

Thank you to all who have given suggestions, and helped with coding problems. I have learned a lot these past two weeks.

bdht:
Ok, thanks, Almos. I'll certainly try this method. I usually read the instructions thoroughly. Must've skipped something this time...

Ok, I changed the value of Next_Trade to 25 and launched TFX v13 on my EURUSD M5. Only 1 order so far instead of 20 last time. I also did a backtest; I've included the results.

Anyone out there having success?

bdht:
Ok, I changed the value of Next_Trade to 25 and launched TFX v13 on my EURUSD M5. Only 1 order so far instead of 20 last time. I also did a backtest; I've included the results.

48.54% back test results? That's unreliable.

wolfe:
48.54% back test results? That's unreliable.

90% MT4 back test results - That's unreliable too!

domi:
90% MT4 back test results - That's unreliable too!

You're right, good point.

v1_4

Here's v1_4.

I've tried to make some of the changes people have requested. I did not get to ALL of them. My main goal for v1_4 was to enable the EA to work on multiple currencies at the same time. I am reasonably confident that v1_4 has accomplished this.

As always,read the external variable comments in the code, there have been a few changes from previous versions. Also, install latest include file.

I realize the code is long, repetitive, and cumbersome. I will be working in the future to "simplify" the code, for operation and ease of edit. This version may also not be perfect, but I feel it's the best version yet.

Thank you to all who have been encouraging, supportive, and helpful. The support I have received has enabled TFX to evolve greatly from it's first version.

Enjoy!

Files:

I just installed the EA. Here are the results: M5, EURUSD, InterbankFX, default settings.

It also keeps telling me about OrderSend error 134:

2008.01.24 23:44:03 2007.11.14 10:37 TFX v1_4 EURUSDm,M5: OrderSend error 134[/CODE] and [CODE]2008.01.24 23:44:52 2007.11.29 11:02 TFX v1_4 EURUSDm,M5: !!!!!!!!Ordersend ERROR!!!!!!!!!EURUSDm

I feel so left behind.

Files:

bdht:
I just installed the EA. Here are the results: M5, EURUSD, InterbankFX, default settings.

It also keeps telling me about OrderSend error 134:

2008.01.24 23:44:03 2007.11.14 10:37 TFX v1_4 EURUSDm,M5: OrderSend error 134[/CODE] and [CODE]2008.01.24 23:44:52 2007.11.29 11:02 TFX v1_4 EURUSDm,M5: !!!!!!!!Ordersend ERROR!!!!!!!!!EURUSDm
I feel so left behind.

On your back test your initial deposit was only $500.00.

case 134: error_string="not enough money"; This means you did not have enough margin left to open a new progression.

Note: Default settings mean nothing! Please test to find optimal settings.

wolfe,

I am reposting this as this might be real convienient for some. I realize your plate is full for v1.5 and making it more efficient, but this would be a great addition to consider in my opinion, as there are many ways to use this EA.

Can we have an overide on the entry direction completely and get an input where we can indicate an initial entry direction choice of long or short?

1 for long

-1 for short

If you can implement this...that will mean that this EA will offer three types of options for initial entry direction...

The MA settings

The BO settings

User input settings

wolfe you can see that by implementing this you will give the user another option for him to use, in the event he has a bias about the direction. (he may be using Long Only or Short Only inputs in the common tab of the smiley)

ES

Reason: