Martingale EA - page 25

wolfe:
I ran a short forward test using your method. I did not increase lot size. I had Next_Trade set at 20, TP at $15.00, and SL at $300.00. I think the key may be no increasing of lot size, not a small Next_Trade (5-10 too small), a small TP, and a large SL. If you can suffer the draw down, I think you will eventually hit your TP. I ran this short test on 6 pairs at the same time with v1_4. The floating loss is high (keep in mind 6 pairs are running), but it never hit it's SL.

I'm using a lot size of 0.1, Next trade=12, Close by profit = 1.0, no SL (999).

MA period=5, time frame=3, max trades=40.

This is very conservative but the DD is small and profits are consistent.

wolfe:
Part of the way this EA works is to add trades to get you out of the hole. If you put a time choke on it, I think the basic functionality of the system would fail.

Yes, exactly.

bdht:
Forward test means setting future date in the tester, right?

No, it means open a demo account, attach the EA, set it up, run it, and leave it alone for a couple of months.

Then look at the results.

WNW:

I'll try those settings for next week. What pairs are you running on?

Have you ever hit your max trade setting?

For me the key is a very volatile pair and a Nexttrade about 150 pips

WNW:

I do the contrary of you.

I take big Nexttrade (now i choose 150 pips) to avoid too much up and down (cause i know the biggest danger of this EA is when it is doing up and down without a really strong trend --> you risk the marging call.

But of course i choose also the most volatile paris GBPJPY which i know very well cause i used it in live trading with such EAs like 10 points3, Avalanche, blessingMartingale,Makegrid.

With the others EAs i finally loose almost all my account because of the volatility of the pair --> now i want to use the volatily of the pair to earn money.

But anyway i will try (demo test this time) your kind of settings of less volatile pairs).

wolfe:
I'll try those settings for next week. What pairs are you running on? Have you ever hit your max trade setting?

Only the Euro, I haven't tried version 1.4 yet.

I've never hit Max Trades.

Cijas:
I do the contrary of you.

I take big Nexttrade (now i choose 150 pips) to avoid too much up and down (cause i know the biggest danger of this EA is when it is doing up and down without a really strong trend --> you risk the marging call.

But of course i choose also the most volatile paris GBPJPY which i know very well cause i used it in live trading with such EAs like 10 points3, Avalanche, blessingMartingale,Makegrid.

With the others EAs i finally loose almost all my account because of the volatility of the pair --> now i want to use the volatily of the pair to earn money.

But anyway i will try (demo test this time) your kind of settings of less volatile pairs).

Although I haven't tried your approach, I think a number of different approaches will work.

The biggest risk in a grid trader is getting caught in an expanding wedge formation. I think the best defense is small lots, no lot incrementing, and a small TP.

Currently working on yet ANOTHER version of TFX.

I am working to "simplify" and "speed up" the code process. As well as trying to implement some more ideas received through the thread. I also have a few ideas of my own to include.

Thank you to all who have kept up the interest in TFX.

wolfe,

Your work and the open transparency in which you share is just priceless to those traders...well I guess to me as I cannot speak for others and I have great hopes for set file (s) to follow with profitable set ups...

Thank you...you know what goes around comes around...May all the best happen to you soon!

You have many traders working on this now!

ES

wolfe:
Currently working on yet ANOTHER version of TFX.

I am working to "simplify" and "speed up" the code process. As well as trying to implement some more ideas received through the thread. I also have a few ideas of my own to include.

Thank you to all who have kept up the interest in TFX.

WNW:
No, it means open a demo account, attach the EA, set it up, run it, and leave it alone for a couple of months. Then look at the results.

Thanks a bunch, noted.

Reason: