Starting with manual trading? make your question - page 4

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. After reading this at least I know that I'm moving into right direction (destroying life account - done, step out from trading for sometime -done, get back to trading with fear - done ) lol . Now I'm trading on micro account, this helps me to take it more serious than demo and the invested money don't affect me much so I don't go crazy from my losses. Currently I'm trading with one of your systems called Simple Linear Regression Trading system on H4 charts, it looks awesome in theory but I guess requires practice to put this theory in life and cut losses At this point I just to try to analyze the reasons of my losses and correct it in future, hopefully it will work out for me.

Normalized ATR not found

Hello, I searched all TSD and the web and couldn't find the "Normalized ATR" indicator shown in some screenshots elsewhere in TSD. Would someone be so kind as to post it? Thanks

Rogers29

This indicator is on this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174753/page11

Closed positions shown on chart...

Hi all,

Do you know if there's a script that will show past trades (showing open and closed positions) on a chart for that particular pair?

I have seen it being used with some EA's. I like to trade manually as well, and would love to see my past trades on a chart.

I have searched the forum, but found nothing. All help much appreciated.

Regards,

Snow.

Look at this thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173442 as it should be some script for that.

I remember - I used one but can not find it. It is here in elite section.

Thanks newdigital for the thread. Searched but found a wealth of scripts for reporting.

Not what I was looking for tho.

See picture below. Would love to have that for my manual trades that have been closed.

Thanks for great support of this forum (ND and Lnxuser), and other great coders Kalenzo, fxbs, mladen, etc.).

Files:
picture_2.jpg  8 kb

Snowski:
Thanks newdigital for the thread. Searched but found a wealth of scripts for reporting.

Not what I was looking for tho.

See picture below. Would love to have that for my manual trades that have been closed.

Thanks for great support of this forum (ND and Lnxuser), and other great coders Kalenzo, fxbs, mladen, etc.).

A bit big please.

Spike Bar

Hi LinuxUser...

I am new to this section of Forex TSD and 2 years old into trading. Can't believe but I am stucked onto monitor for almost 8 hours now and will continue my study till morning as it is midnight in Australia now. I am quiet pleased and happy that I have found this section. One more thing. I must confess first that I am not a successful trader - NO, I am not unfortunately but will become one if I get in touch with right set of people and control my psyche. I trade for living as I do not have full time job. I have a request and I just wish if someone could do it for me. I trade EUR/USD on 1 hour time frame with Naked Chart and only S/R lines together with Fib Levels and Trend Line if needed. I am not a good programmer and just wonder if some generous person can do it for me. I am looking for an indicator that may be called as Spike Bar. The user inputs would be

1: Minimum Range (example: 50 would mean Spike Bar of Range = 50)

2: Up Bar Color (Spike Bar Color = Blue if Close > Open)

3: Down Bar Color (Spike Bar Color = Red if Close < Open)

Concept:

All it has to do is to pick up bars from the given chart or data where Range (High - Low) is equal to or greater than the user defined minimum range and then apply colors to these bars depending on whether the bar closed above open or below open.

Lets see the attached image and assume that user defined Minimum Range is set to 50, Up Color (Color 1) is set to Blue and Down Color (Color 2) is set to Red. In the given chart this indicator may pick a lot of such spike bars, two of which could be 1 (Blue Bar) and 2 (Red Bar) as marked on the chart.

I just wish is someone could design it for me and upload it in this forum.

Thanks in advance for your time and expertise.

Good day...

Files:
spike_bar.gif  16 kb

fy260498:
Hi LinuxUser...

I am new to this section of Forex TSD and 2 years old into trading. Can't believe but I am stucked onto monitor for almost 8 hours now and will continue my study till morning as it is midnight in Australia now. I am quiet pleased and happy that I have found this section. One more thing. I must confess first that I am not a successful trader - NO, I am not unfortunately but will become one if I get in touch with right set of people and control my psyche. I trade for living as I do not have full time job. I have a request and I just wish if someone could do it for me. I trade EUR/USD on 1 hour time frame with Naked Chart and only S/R lines together with Fib Levels and Trend Line if needed. I am not a good programmer and just wonder if some generous person can do it for me. I am looking for an indicator that may be called as Spike Bar. The user inputs would be

1: Minimum Range (example: 50 would mean Spike Bar of Range = 50)

2: Up Bar Color (Spike Bar Color = Blue if Close > Open)

3: Down Bar Color (Spike Bar Color = Red if Close < Open)

Concept:

All it has to do is to pick up bars from the given chart or data where Range (High - Low) is equal to or greater than the user defined minimum range and then apply colors to these bars depending on whether the bar closed above open or below open.

Lets see the attached image and assume that user defined Minimum Range is set to 50, Up Color (Color 1) is set to Blue and Down Color (Color 2) is set to Red. In the given chart this indicator may pick a lot of such spike bars, two of which could be 1 (Blue Bar) and 2 (Red Bar) as marked on the chart.

I just wish is someone could design it for me and upload it in this forum.

Thanks in advance for your time and expertise.

Good day...

Hello mate!

Sorry for delay with answer.

Some tips.

You spike bar is just a reversal pattern. Also known as morning star and evening star with play with candles. Too many names for same thing, just a reversal pattern.

Analyze the picture pls. First reversal you mark is a good but second isn't. right? because you open your trade at closed bar to be sure: for about 20 pips with a huge potential stop loss.

There is another reversal pattern you forget to mark, a good one.

Forget about 50 pips. That thing does not exist. Focus on learn reversal patterns. Look for info within Bill Williams reversal bar and Joe Dinapoli. Also some articles from TASC and something with John Murphy.

Reversal patterns are just a draw in the air. There is no rules for that. I just what traders see.

Files:
spike_bar_2.gif  18 kb

Does this indicator repaint?

can someone confirm?

Files:
unknow.ex4  5 kb
Reason: