BlackBird ea - page 10

So, I did not blow up yet and net long. I started another demo anyways to run alongside this one. I am running as discussed earlier in the post above, those different settings.

ES

P.S. but do not misunderstand me...just because I did not blow up yet does not mean anything..to be expected to tolerate 48% drawdown is just too much. The remedies as I see it for this problem..would be some sort of hedge scheme or a smarter autorestart scheme. (or a larger balance)

What do I look at with this EA? I glance at the charts throughout the day here in my home office, while working my full time job...its rather easy as everything is on automatic...even my numerous posts here hehe

Anyways...

I am looking at the trade count! Thats all I care about (upper left corner)

ES

Let me try it this way...

There is a narrow band of trades...if the price ventures outside the bands before the progression advances itself to the max...you are ok...(if the price trades between the spread triggering too many trades you are screwed)

The wider the spread the less amount of trades that get triggered and the larger the trend or the micro-trend needed.

ES

P.S. If you breach a band you better hope it keeps going or you progress another notch to doomsday (read this carefully as this is what this EA is all about).

Ok here is the plan...

Take 1K put it in six IBFX accounts..(I have six live accts.) 6K = total invested.

///at the London open and the US open....turn on the EA's to get an immediate entry (turnautorestart "true") after entry turn off the automatic restart of the EA (turn autorestart "false"). The Ea wll now continue to mangae the trade and will not reenter automatically. Collect you money and glance at your charts to conform that you are falt and you are done until the next open....or your next discretionary trigger... rinse and repeat...Do not overtrade as each nanosecond in the market introduces risk.

Thats 12 bucks a day...chump change...but it would work! Put two charts in each platform and that would be 24 bucks/day!

What do you think? comments?

Use different platforms in case of a platform failure...I have three puters' and four 19" monitors.

ES

P.S. Here is the problem for me...it is greed....I will want to cherry pick more often than just the opens...I will be looking at the charts and trying to guess when the volatility will come....and I will blow one of the accounts one day. I need rules...or some way to rank the probability for future volatility to tell me how many platforms to put into play ...some sort of ranking perhaps...This ranking needs to be perfect....all I need to do is to predict when volatility is coming....events like news would work well...and the opens would work well...what else works?...hmmm....

P.P.S. I put a 5 period ATR with a 0.0009 level (horizontal line) set in its inputs. I like to watch breaches of that, to signal when to turn on BlackBird. This is just a theory and I have not tested it. Soo..If its not the slow Asian session and there is an ATR breach...this could be an opportunity to turn BalckBird on...I really do not know....you could look at Stochastic fast line breaches too of 80/20 (actually the correct use of the Stochastics indicator would be to use it the BlackBird way...if you know your TA and what Stochastics does)!

I think cuda is missing the boat here...

Think about it...

We are looking to cherry pick volatility...It is all about WHEN to turn Blackbird on. LAGGING indicators is JUST what we need! to give us an easy heads up view/summary on upcoming volatility. All that indicators can do is to repackage OHLC in a way that we can quickly see price in a historical summary suited to your trading method.

ES

P.S. Put on the Stochastics and the 5 period ATR on the M5 and look at the charts....scrole back and look!.....can you predict volatility when there are breaches in both of those indicators with the settings as explained in the above post? Forget about direction...use two charts and go long and short! Volatility kiddo's...this is what you need. and remember you must share! and you can not make that many mistakes with BlackBird...even though it is forgiving and you might accidentally find volatility zones when you are wrong...but be careful. Have fun gambling and good gambling to you.

P.P.S. Why can't the agreement of the breaches of these two indicators be programmed into "SmartAutoRestart" to give this EA improved drawdown? Maybe David or Ron or Bluto might give cuda some coding help here for a great EA?

P.P.P.S. Again...this EA needs to be toggled on and off with some discretion...this is not a fully automatic system Yet!

Here is a screenshot of a volatility indicator...does anybody use this software?

ES

DashBoard FX Screenshots

I found an indicator named normalized ATR...do a search in tsd to find it...when using it's default settings it seems encouraging when a 90 level is breached...

ES

Update (Gamblers Anonymous)

I cannot list all of the trades, there are too many. I can only check the account history tab "now and then"... and report here.

BALANCE: $2,117.50, FLOAT: -$0.70, 12/17/07 Monday TIME: 01:20 (est) MaxTradeCount from last report= 1

BALANCE: $2,118.50, FLOAT: +$0.85, 12/17/07 Monday TIME: 02:20 (est) MaxTradeCount from last report= 5

BALANCE: $2,119.50, FLOAT: +$0.00, 12/17/07 Monday TIME: 02:24 (est) MaxTradeCount from last report= 2

BALANCE: $2,126.29, FLOAT: -$1.65, 12/17/07 Monday TIME: 20:23 (est) MaxTradeCount from last report= 8

BALANCE: $2,128.89, FLOAT: -$0.50, 12/17/07 Monday TIME: 22:35 (est) MaxTradeCount from last report= 6

BALANCE: $2,162.99, FLOAT: -$0.80, 12/18/07 Tuesday TIME: 02:24 (est) MaxTradeCount from last report= 10 maxed out with 400:1 leverage and experienced over 25% drawdown

BALANCE: $2,250.82, FLOAT: -$1.30, 12/19/07 Wednesday TIME: 11:33 (est) MaxTradeCount from last report= 10 maxed out with 400:1 leverage and experienced over 48% drawdown

BALANCE: $2,254.62, FLOAT: -$0.04, 12/19/07 Wednesday TIME: 14:13 (est) MaxTradeCount from last report= 5

BALANCE: $2,266.23, FLOAT: -$0.15, 12/20/07 Thursday TIME: 03:11 (est) MaxTradeCount from last report= 9

BALANCE: $2,274.93, FLOAT: +$0.05, 12/20/07 Thursday TIME: 21:18 (est) MaxTradeCount from last report= 6

BALANCE: $2,297.78, FLOAT: -$929.35, 12/21/07 Friday TIME: 11:03 (est) MaxTradeCount from last report= 10

Blew Up

Gud Luck

This is already performing with a moderate trade count thus far...the most I have seen is a four...There have been several trades.

I am flat just now (all the charts say hibernate) as the "Normalized ATR" is not up in the trade zone above 90...

I have six charts up in the platform locked and loaded, ready to turn them on when a progression is needed to be started! The three on the left are longs and the three on the right are shorts.

ES

P.S. I have changed the default settings to be 10 and 50 with a breach line of 80.

peterdias77:
Gud Luck
Reason: