Simple FX EA.... Real Profit Maker .. you decide - page 2

SimpleFx EA moving average indicators

Thank you Et_PhoneHome_2, and Scheutte.

I had inserted the Long_MA_Period=200 (red), and the Short_MA_Period=50 (blue) indicators onto the 4 major pairs on 4 D1 charts. Eventhough there are no crossings of both (the Glenn Bacon website indicated that there should a crossing to indicate a Buy or a Sell order) of the Red and Blue MA indicators, the EA seemed to open a trade on the EURUSD pair. (It is good tho' 'coz it is still open and still in profits). Also, the supposedly Green-Order-Arrow is not showing on my D1 chart. Am I doing something wrong here?

If I cannot see the crossings, how am I supposed to know the entry and exit points?

Can you help again here?

Thank you.

Regards,

AK

hi ak

good to see eurusd opened. i would shift SL manually to lock in profit as you go.

i get green arrow on my chart but not euusd open trades.

i wouldn't worry too much about the indicators even if Glenn mentions it.

at the end of the week 04jan i hope to have more trades closed for additionals statements.

tks

tom

azizkhan:
Thank you Et_PhoneHome_2, and Scheutte.

I had inserted the Long_MA_Period=200 (red), and the Short_MA_Period=50 (blue) indicators onto the 4 major pairs on 4 D1 charts. Eventhough there are no crossings of both (the Glenn Bacon website indicated that there should a crossing to indicate a Buy or a Sell order) of the Red and Blue MA indicators, the EA seemed to open a trade on the EURUSD pair. (It is good tho' 'coz it is still open and still in profits). Also, the supposedly Green-Order-Arrow is not showing on my D1 chart. Am I doing something wrong here?

If I cannot see the crossings, how am I supposed to know the entry and exit points?

Can you help again here?

Thank you.

Regards,

AK

SimpleFX EA - Difficult to Trade

Hi Schuette,

The SimpleFX EA opened the trade on EUR/USD (the only pair so far up till today) on the 28/12/2007 at 00:01 (date & time as registered on the ticket) - it went into profit then, by about 100 pips, but because I couldn't see the impending cross of the MAs, I let it ride to see how far it can go. On the opening of the trade after the New Year Holidays, it went into a loss of about 89 pips. Still, I let ride down. Then, from yesterday - at closing - it was up in profit again by 113 pips.

My main problem now is to know when to exit this trade! Can you suggest a safe way to exit?

And also, why is it that there are no trades for the other pairs I had attached the EA to, viz, GBP/USD, USD/CHF and USD/JPY ?

And, why is it that there are no more trades opened for the EUR/USD pair since the initial opening on the 28th Dec.?

Regards,

AK

Hi AK,

I will post some results tonight from what I have running on demo. I only have the EA attached to chart, no other indicators. I shift SL manually as I move into profit. When new trade is opened, I set SL between 100-125 pips and shift into profit (when trade goes my way) from there.

That is interesting that you only have EURUSD trade open, and I only get GBPUSD trades, even though I have other charts open. Have you checked the source code to see if only EURUSD is listed? I can't check mine at present as I am away.

Tks Tom

azizkhan:
Hi Schuette,

The SimpleFX EA opened the trade on EUR/USD (the only pair so far up till today) on the 28/12/2007 at 00:01 (date & time as registered on the ticket) - it went into profit then, by about 100 pips, but because I couldn't see the impending cross of the MAs, I let it ride to see how far it can go. On the opening of the trade after the New Year Holidays, it went into a loss of about 89 pips. Still, I let ride down. Then, from yesterday - at closing - it was up in profit again by 113 pips.

My main problem now is to know when to exit this trade! Can you suggest a safe way to exit?

And also, why is it that there are no trades for the other pairs I had attached the EA to, viz, GBP/USD, USD/CHF and USD/JPY ?

And, why is it that there are no more trades opened for the EUR/USD pair since the initial opening on the 28th Dec.?

Regards,

AK

Demo Results - Update

Hi All,

Please check original post for latest demo a/c statements.

From the graph you will see that 2x trades hit my stop loss but overall that a/c is still up.

Will post further statements next monday 14Jan.

Tks

SimpleFX - Change Magic Number

Hi Tom,

I had solved one part of the trading order. I had changed ALL the Magic Numbers to each individual different numbers, and the EA opened 4 more trade orders, viz on EURJPY, GBPUSD, AUDUSD, and EURCHF besides the EURUSD opened earlier on 28/12/2007. But not all trades are positive on opening. The EURJPY is still in loss since opening yesterday.

Yes, one unique feature of this EA is that ALL ORDERS seem to OPEN at MIDNIGHT only. Most of my orders are opened at 00:02AM. Must be hard-coded into the EA, I think.

Hey Tom, can you check with Glenn whether he can direct us to use simple alteration of the Input Parameters to enable us to see on the chart the times the EA would be opening & would be closing of orders.

Regards,

AK

if(iMA(NULL,0,Short_MA_Period,0,Short_MA_Method,Short_MA_Applied_Price,0) > iMA(NULL,0,Long_MA_Period,0,Long_MA_Method,Long_MA_Applied_Price,0) && iMA(NULL,0,Short_MA_Period,0,Short_MA_Method,Short_MA_Applied_Price,1) > iMA(NULL,0,Long_MA_Period,0,Long_MA_Method,Long_MA_Applied_Price,1))

do you know what this means?

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad thing.

Besides it has no stoploss policy and the code was made by some maniac who doesn't know how to program on MQL4 but knows how to copy-paste.

If you want to lose money so badly and trade this EA, send them over to me, I'll put them to a better use

Bottom line:

I wouldn't recommend trading this EA to anyone.

Shinigami:
if(iMA(NULL,0,Short_MA_Period,0,Short_MA_Method,Short_MA_Applied_Price,0) > iMA(NULL,0,Long_MA_Period,0,Long_MA_Method,Long_MA_Applied_Price,0) && iMA(NULL,0,Short_MA_Period,0,Short_MA_Method,Short_MA_Applied_Price,1) > iMA(NULL,0,Long_MA_Period,0,Long_MA_Method,Long_MA_Applied_Price,1))

do you know what this means?

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad thing.

Besides it has no stoploss policy and the code was made by some maniac who doesn't know how to program on MQL4 but knows how to copy-paste.

If you want to lose money so badly and trade this EA, send them over to me, I'll put them to a better use

Bottom line:

I wouldn't recommend trading this EA to anyone.

hi shinigami

thanks for feedback.

are you able to recommend an EA that does work well on live account inview of this EA not having been coded correctly?

thanks

SimpleFX Ea - Seems to be Making Pips

Hi Shinigami,

Can you assist to amend the SimpleFX EA so that it will trade (buy or sell) according to the simple crossing of SMAs entered into the Input Parameters by us - maybe a crossing of the 20-period and the 5-period SMAs.

The funny part of this EA is that I have opened it on 9 pairs - each with its own Magic Number - and it seemed to be trading profitably - gaining 1,000+ pips since 9th Jan till now 14th Jan - even without me knowing when it is going to enter or when it is going to exit.

Can you change the code to help me out?

Thank you.

AK

azizkhan:
Hi Shinigami,

Can you assist to amend the SimpleFX EA so that it will trade (buy or sell) according to the simple crossing of SMAs entered into the Input Parameters by us - maybe a crossing of the 20-period and the 5-period SMAs.

The funny part of this EA is that I have opened it on 9 pairs - each with its own Magic Number - and it seemed to be trading profitably - gaining 1,000+ pips since 9th Jan till now 14th Jan - even without me knowing when it is going to enter or when it is going to exit.

Can you change the code to help me out?

Thank you.

AK

Hi Azizkhan,

Can you please advise which pairs you are using and also confirm your TF.

Did you use EA from my post and did you alter any settings?

Are you able to post a demo statement also?

Many thanks for your feedback.

Tom

Reason: