Universal MA Cross EA - page 70

Trades appear too late

Is it possible to make the EA enter a trade immediately the cross occurs?? What settings do i need for that.....otherwise it can turn out really costly for scalpers if positions are entered too late after the cross.

Error opening BUY order : (0) no error

I now have the EA loaded on a eur/usd 1hr chart and earlier it took one trade sell trade that was quickly stopped out at BE.

Then about 20 minutes later it tried to place a BUY, which would have been a good trade, but the buy failed with this error -

12:08:24 stdlib EURUSD,H1: loaded successfully

12:08:24 UniversalMACrossEAV1-3-1-Breakeven EURUSD,H1: Error opening BUY order : (0) no error

I have seen this error mentioned before but not found a resolution. The previous trade seemed to work as it should and the only other eur/usd trade open at the time was also a BUY by another ea which had it's own magic number.

Can anyone enlighten me as to the possible cause of this error?

Many thanks to all who have put work into this EA, which I am keen to try!

Need help on Universal MA Cross EA

I tried to modify the Universal MA Cross EA...trying to get just a basic EA that buys/sell (and reverses) when the 10-period and 20-period EMA cross. Can anyone help me with my code, or send me an EA that works for this is if you have one?

So far my code on the EA is this if anyone can see where I went wrong:

nylon:
I use only to set ST & TP. I use 1,25 above and below, but, actually, the spread difference makes the SL>TP. If we could set ATR muliplier in the EA parameters, should use something like 1,25 to SL and 1,5 to TP... The best situation would be the EA compensates the spread.

Tried 1,25 in the last two days, from trade 13.10.2011 15:00

ok, only 2 days, but the results is very impressive:

3.13.39.D1 System | Myfxbook

I am looking at the results. have you been able to analyze as to why there is a poor performance.....

Hopefully you will be able to make the necessary adjustments

Good Luck on this project.

Universal MA Cross EA

Hi Dave,

I'm doing something stupid or wrong.

I have the system running but it takes trades as much as 5 bars after the cross of the MA's

Have you any suggestions

Bambazonke (Jim)

bambazonke01:
Hi Dave,

I have the system running but it takes trades as much as 5 bars after the cross of the MA's

Have you any suggestions

Bambazonke (Jim)

check the parameter 'minimum cross distance' it may have a value in there that is causing this difficulty......

If that does not fix the problem, maybe you will give me your settings and I will run it and see whatever I can find.

Good Luck.....!!

Universal MA cross EA

Blaiserboy

Originally Posted by bambazonke01

Hi Dave,

Have you any suggestions

Bambazonke (Jim)

check the parameter 'minimum cross distance' it may have a value in there that is causing this difficulty......

If that does not fix the problem, maybe you will give me your settings and I will run it and see whatever I can find.

Good Luck.....!!

Dave,

Let me hold off send you my settings for assessment. I;m finding problems by myself

BAmbazonke

bambazonke01:
Blaiserboy

Originally Posted by bambazonke01

Hi Dave,

Have you any suggestions

Bambazonke (Jim)

Good Luck.....!!

Dave,

Let me hold off send you my settings for assessment. I;m finding problems by myself

BAmbazonke

It is best, if you are able , to study the thing and make small changes and study some more. The Ea is great but with so many variables it is a bit difficult to tune it to a pair.

I find that it is taking quite a bit of time to find all of the possibilities but the returns are good

Good Hunting.!!

daveM

Universal MA cross EA

Blaiserboy.

Somehow I picked up your name when writing to Dave and your name appears at the top of my replies.

Sorry about that

Bambazonke

I just start to test this ea, I want to make use with this ea, so I test it in 1m TF, but it not open trade when there is a cross. Below is my setting, can anyone help to check on this. Thanks. ( I have confirm there is smile face at the top right corner). Thanks.

Files:
Reason: