Electra EA ** Released to Elite Members ** - page 25

Thanks

New Digital and Linux -- thanks for posts. ND, you actually made some posts about it at the time . . . It was in the middle of the thread somewhere:

"As I undersand it is the following:

If our lot size is below minimum lot size multiply by 4 (broker's allowed minimum lot size for this pair) so we will get the message "Insufficient money to safety trade this pair !!!"

23 is Minimum permitted amount of a lot.

2 is Precision format, number of digits after decimal point (0-8)."

I also read where Project said, "Insufficient . . ." is friendly advice or warning and that Electra would continue to trade. He also mentioned somewhere that it does not trade that often.

I have this set up with .04 and 2 (highest risk) on a 3k demo with Alpari. I am keeping my fingers crossed, but might not know for sometime since it does not trade often.

Hope this helps anyone else with same problem. It is a long thread and it is just about in the middle somewhere. I love Project's concept of putting Turtle trading in EAs. I have ordered the Zurich Axioms and the Turtle book he mentioned.

Thanks again

Ras

ND,

Good luck. I know that the RAS has to be a lot of work, and that you have put so much into it. I recently (I am really trying to get my teeth in FX and MT4) visited trader's hub to check out what you and someone else were discussing about Grid MACD EA. It is interesting that there is no hiding the results. It was easy to tell which commercial ones had resubmitted (sometimes with new versions to change the name) when they blew-up. By the way, several of TSD's had been there much longer than most of the commercials.

You already have the results (thanks for your hard work!) quantified here on Elite Section, for any potential subscriber to see.

Potential subscribers could decide how they would like to build a portfolio, e.g.--

30% scalping

25% directional

30% contingent or envelopes (I know-- I am probably making stuff up)

15% point and figure or whatever

etc.. .

Using RAS? Or just theoretically?

You know ... my portfolio will be different from your portfolio ... besides, the peformance of EAs may be different for different brokers more or less ... so it is more easy to create portfolio using RAS service.

But, anyway, my portfolio will not be the same with your portfolio and it depends on personal risk understanding and so on ...

It is easy for me to describe all positivity and negativity with EAs than to create portfolio for all the members ... difficult because I still can not cross this psychological barrier concerning ... I'm suggesting something and members will lose some money based on my suggestions ...

I have no idea how money managers or fund managers are working managing the other people's money but it is not easy for me even to say something as

"use this EA"

or

"use that EA".

I hope that all things will be easy with RAS as I will not say anything: members will see the performance and it will be a lot of variations for portfolio.

Because as I see now: most of the signals are free for elite members now with RAS (and i hope it will be free for elite members).

Theoretically

The RAS could provide different "styles" that the subscriber had decided on his/her own. The subscriber would take care of deciding the macro side (how they wanted to allocate to different styles) and the RAS would provide them with stats and venues to fill those needs. The choices/consequences would still be up to the subscribers, but you would be giving them many options (complete with performance stats) to fill those needs.

Sorry to have led us off thread . . .

5 digits ok?

Hi Project 1972, and other Electra fans

Congratulations to a fine EA.

Just a question (sorry if I missed any answer appearing earlier in this thread)

Does Electra required to be changed to work on an account with 5 decimal places, as opposed to 4?

Divyendu

Divyendu:
Hi Project 1972, and other Electra fans

Congratulations to a fine EA.

Just a question (sorry if I missed any answer appearing earlier in this thread)

Does Electra required to be changed to work on an account with 5 decimal places, as opposed to 4?

Divyendu

Please, read post #220.

Which Pairs is it designed for?

Which pairs is this designed for and what time from is working best?

newdigital:
Electra EA is tremendous profitable with some pairs (few of them) and tremendous not profitable with the other pairs. I am not sure that the system which was based on Electra to create MTF can be used for this "bulk" trading with 19 pairs. Anyway, please use profitable pairs (see the statements and excel files), or wait for the improvements. I think it should be improvements concerning the volatility etc. Just my opinion during the posting the statements sorry.

Electra EA not working

I am probably doing something wrong.

I installed the EA into the indicators folder inside of my ATC MT4 like I do for other EAa's but I can't get it to engage on the EUR/USD chart.

What am I missing ?

zin6776:
I am probably doing something wrong.

I installed the EA into the indicators folder inside of my ATC MT4 like I do for other EAa's but I can't get it to engage on the EUR/USD chart.

What am I missing ?

EA needs to be dropped on experts folder (as every one), not indicators folder.

alpine4133:
Which pairs is this designed for and what time from is working best?

By reading the file on post #220 I see ND have tested almost 20 products. and according to our Market Condition thread it's for H1.

Btw, lot of answers on that thread.