Electra EA ** Released to Elite Members ** - page 9

electra result today....:)

Files:
my_electra.gif  46 kb

Nomura:
project1972,

Thanks for your reply.

I can read simple coding only and it took me several days to go through your great EA.

As far as I understand, the EA triggers position with change in trend of H1 and H4 and closes the position with well designed partical profit taking logic.

I notice that a position may last for several weeks or even several months and once a position is in place, it would be closed by stoploss or profit taking or trailing stop only. But when there is a new signal triggering a position in opposite direction, the EA will not close the exising position and will ignore the latest signal. I think performance of the EA may be different by the starting time of EA application.

Please tell me if I mis-understand the EA. I am a stranger to EA and I think I shall learn much in this forum especially from you.

Have a good trading day !

Nomura

As explained in the first post Electra doesn't relay in pattern recognition signals

Pattern recognition signals don't work in the long term. the signal used to enter the trades don't have more than 50% of be successfully or not, its the most similar signal to a random entry.

Because that, the only way to make profit in the long term is the trade management, trending markets and few big winners to offset the many small losers.

If you close a winner because there is a reverse signal without doubt you will cancel the only edge we can have, and is riding the winners.

kjhfdgjfhdghdf:
This looks interesting.

Lets have a play.

Why does this say,

"Insufficient money to trade this pair"??

Please do it in one sentence or less.

This question was addressed here.

project1972,

Sorry for I did not fully understand your first post and thanks for you explained it again.

A little off topic, I noticed that global variables are used in your EA. I experianced that I removed an EA ( worked with global variables ) from chart while a position had been opened by that EA. After that all other EAs on the same MT4 Terminal were locked without any warning and I did not know how to reset that. I am a general user of EAs and I know nothing about global variables. What I could do was install new MT4 Terminal and lost all past record.

It would be grateful if you can tell me more about global variables or show me the direction to learn about global variables to avoid above situation. I do not mean to learn programming as I can read simple coding only. I just want to use EAs ( with or without global variables ) properly.

Thaks in advance.

Nomura

project1972:
This question was addressed here.

I turned off auto MM and it doesn't do it.

Will it still work with auto MM off?

kjhfdgjfhdghdf:
I turned off auto MM and it doesn't do it. Will it still work with auto MM off?

Of course, it work fine with the MM disabled.

Nomura:
project1972,

Sorry for I did not fully understand your first post and thanks for you explained it again.

A little off topic, I noticed that global variables are used in your EA. I experianced that I removed an EA ( worked with global variables ) from chart while a position had been opened by that EA. After that all other EAs on the same MT4 Terminal were locked without any warning and I did not know how to reset that. I am a general user of EAs and I know nothing about global variables. What I could do was install new MT4 Terminal and lost all past record.

It would be grateful if you can tell me more about global variables or show me the direction to learn about global variables to avoid above situation. I do not mean to learn programming as I can read simple coding only. I just want to use EAs ( with or without global variables ) properly.

Thaks in advance.

Nomura

I don't know about your other EA but Electra work fine and there are not specific rules about Global variables, any well coded EA will not have any locking problem.

Is not recommendable to change Terminal in any EA using global variables because you will lose the stored information, in the case of Electra it is the Initial account equity, MM equity and the Trailing stop of orders in profit, Electra use step trailing stop and it get active after the first partial profit, also this info is used to get the close sequence.

In the case that this info is missing, Electra will store that info and start again, if one pair already closed a partial profit, the EA can start the sequence from 0 and close other partial profit, in this case you will have 5 partial profit instead of 4.

That's the worst case, but you can attach, detach EAs, restart terminal, etc without problems, and you will not have any locking problem

If your other EA got locked because you detached it, it was bad coded.

Ok cheers for that.Ive got it on G/U H1 but hasn't opened any trades is that how it works yes?Selective in its trades?Or is it supposed to open many trades.

Thanks for your info.

project1972,

Thanks for your explanation.

The EA caused locking problem was a commercial trail version with expiration. It was a black box and I could not read what was inside. I could only input lot size to trade.

What I had done was removed that EA from charts and manual closed those losing trades opened by that EA to maintain margin level.

I return the CD to supplier and asked about the locking problem, he just replied that the EA worked with " Global Variables " to look after account balance. Once a position was opened by that EA, I should not disturb the it.

I told the supplier the EA failed to look after my account balance so I have to do it manually and he made no further reply.

I hope that he has other EAs to sell otherwise he need to find another job.

That is my story about " Global Variables ".

Have a nice weekend.

Nomura

Hello. project 1972

As from the post# 1,

To get a perfect lot size equalization with a 1 risk (medium risk) the absolute minimum is $1200 IBFX Mini, 12,000 IBFX Standard, 120,000 NF

Also I want to test this EA with $1200 in IBFX mini account.It should be more that enough to run all the 19 pairs together on 0.01 lot ? Do I need to change any value setting.

Thank in advance.

Cha.

No trades on this since friday all trends green pointing up on gbp/usd I don't what is wrong.

Ive read the post on my previous question it doesn't explain why I keep getting this message.

Insufficient money to safety trade this pair !!!

When ive turned money management off.

Im trying to use on an IBFX mini and am putting 0,01 lots but it does nothing.

It say its initialized.

Electra v1.11 GBPUSDm,H1 inputs: StopAfterNoTrades=false; UseAutomaticMM=false; Risk=0.5; Lot=0.01; ATRBreakeven=1; ATRPartialClose=4; ATRStoploss=1.5; UsePartialExit=1; DaysATR=20; SpreadProtection=true; PipTolerance=2; UseHiddenSL=true; EquityTrailing=false; PercentEquityTrailing=10; MagicNumber=42846573; PrefSettings=false;

Electra v1.11 GBPUSDm,H1: initialized

PrefSettings=false; <<< Ive tried both true and false and no change.

Reason: