Electra EA ** Released to Elite Members ** - page 55

Rob,

If you want to see the slope of the lines and that way "visually predict" (since that is what humans do a lot of times) yes, you have to use igorads indicator.

Those "line crosses" are already built in in the "-ForEA" version, so if you want a straightforward market conditions, the "-ForEA" is enough (among other things it contains newdigitals experience and knowledge built in it). You can place them both on a same chart and it will be clear how does it work even without looking in the code

regards

mladen

aurigafx:
thankyou mladen,

if I got you well, i'll have to look at igorad indi to have an idea of market condition, looking for line crosses, havent I?

best regards

Rob

thankyou Mladen,

this ea is really interesting.

Looking at the code, i see some presets for be, sl and partial close that are called if prefsettings is set to true.

Are those settings the one that you and ND use for the ea you are running on ras?

Are those settings to be used with one strategy or only for the original one?

where do they come from, yours or someone else's optimization?

Thanks again

Rob.

Rob,

I did make code changes but what I also did try is to keep the "original spirit" of this EA. The preferred settings are still a part of the original Electra and are made by project1972 (so they were made by project1972. I even stated that I do not use those preferred settings since I find that the market conditions are changed in the meantime so much that those do nor correspond to conditions now - I, for example, find those setting too big for some symbols I usually trade)

Anyway, if you want to change those (in order to make Electra automatically use those with prefsettingsturned on) , it is simple :

Find the symbol you are interested in (an example for AUDCAD) and then adjust atr multipliers
checkSymbol("AUDCAD", 1 , 4 , 1.5);
first multiplier is for break even

second is for partial close

third is for stop loss

Some of the ways Electra works I kept (I told it to newdigital too) because if I changed everything than it would stop being Electra, and that is by no mean a goal. Electra is a fine EA and it should "continue living" and as far as I am concerned it shall.

As of RAS settings, those were posted somewhere on this thread I believe.

regards

mladen

aurigafx:
thankyou Mladen,

this ea is really interesting.

Looking at the code, i see some presets for be, sl and partial close that are called if prefsettings is set to true.

Are those settings the one that you and ND use for the ea you are running on ras?

Are those settings to be used with one strategy or only for the original one?

where do they come from, yours or someone else's optimization?

Thanks again

Rob.

nice sharing

thank you very much for nice sharing.

Hello, i'm newbie here, trying to use electra 1.17 but i can't test strategy? the is no result? can anybody help me?

Files:
electra.jpg  317 kb

insufficient money signal

thankyou for your generosity,

i have a little problem i am getting a insufficient money message on the middle of my screen and i have plenty of money in my account and no positions are open,what am i doing wrong

jasper

"Insufficient money ..." on the chart?

It is normal case and it was explained on the thread: because EA is creating lot size automatically and minimum lot size is written on the chart and when EA is trying to open the order woth some lot size which is less than calculated so you will receive this message.

It is nothing with money. It is something with automatic MM and lot size calculation.

Insufficient money with Electra is something with MM. This EA is not trading often. I am having unsufficiant money message on every chart with Electra which is indicated that EA will not open more trades now with 19 pairs.

It was answered and replied 100 times same question.

insufficient money message on the chart: the explanation is on this post, main explanation is on this page, this post and this post, this post, this post.

sorry administrator i have only started reading the thread ,thanks for your help

Entry (ies) today on GBP/USD...

I have also been developing an EA for my trading method without much success and therefore I am interested to see how this EA functions and to see where we are going wrong. Mine makes very good entries, but it will repeatedly open a trade under "overheated" situations which we cannot solve yet.

Nevertheless, this EA did not open a short this morning on the GBP/USD - I have it running on an M5 chart.

Any suggestions why that may be the case? It is said in #Post 1 that it is best to let it run to pick up the trend, but what more could one have asked for this morning?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Reason: