Electra EA ** Released to Elite Members ** - page 60

A question on PET

Hi New Digital,

On 11/11/2010, you've writted that

"1% of the profit from balance according to this formula coded inside this EA: But I am not using it. I use EquityTrailing==false."

But in the total leaders section, all the electra entries state "Electra v1.17 Absolute PET 1".

I'm confused as which one is correct. Can you please clarify?

It is just the name of the settings.

Because for Alpha EA - there are PET 1, PET 2, RSI settings and more. So, I called the settings for Electra EA as PET 1 (I used PET 1 but disabled it long time ago).

Bad results with this EA

I got only bad results with this EA in Alpari UK backtesting....

Somebody have idea why (see attachments) ?

No idea why.

It depends on the versions you backtested, and the settings.

Besides, it is MTF EA so any backtest is not valid (because EA is using many timeframes simultaniously but we backtest on 1 timeframe only).

I am forward testing/trading this EA.

Besides, it should be H1 timeframe.

By the way - read this thread about danger of MTF EAs:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178788

Besides, not all the pairs are profitable (I am trading 19 pairs simultaniously). And EA is not traded often.

It is EURUSD (forward testing - not backtest):

EURGBP:

EURAUD:

AUDUSD:

AUDNZD:

Files:
audnzd_0301.jpg  149 kb
audusd_0301.jpg  145 kb
euraud_0301.jpg  141 kb
eurgbp_0301.jpg  139 kb
eurusd_0301.jpg  144 kb

Alpari UK broker disabled the accounts where I forward tested Electra and Alpha EAs so I started new trading for those EA with Alpari NZ/rus broker.

Just for information.

Where can I get Electra Absolute PET 1

Hi, where can I find Electra Absolute PET 1 from the excel files?

is this Electra v1.17 with some special settings or v1.11 ?

It is 1.17 version.

Absolute because AbsoluteStrength indicator is used.

EA and so on - this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044/page2

Thank you

Hi, i have a few questions about the settings, i read a lot of the posts above but I still have this questions:

I'm currently using

ATRBreakeven = 1

ATRPartialClose = 1.5

UseHiddenSL = true

UsePartialExit= true

EquityTrailing = false

PercentEquityTrailing = 1

-How does the Partial Exit works? My setting is 1.5 and i never saw positions getting closed with positive equity for quite some time.

-Do you guys recommend EquityTrailing to true? Does this allow my account to close some positions to hold some profits from the positive equity? Or this can mess with the UsePartialExit setting?

-Do we need to use the same magic numbers for all pairs that we use with this EA? i'm currently using different Magic numbers and I don't know if this can mess up Electra trading.

so far from some tests this ea looks quite interesting, i will start trading on live soon with lower risk to see how it will work.

Reason: