Electra EA ** Released to Elite Members ** - page 61

no trades since 8 hours

Greetings People,

It has been almost 8 hours and has been no trades, is it normal

or because I did not change magic number

or is it because I have choosen 1HR time frame for all the pair?

Please advise

Thanks

rookie

or is it because I am using 1.17 and 1.11 might trade more frequently,

it might sound silly but just anxious

thanks in advance

rookie23

Do not worry. Electra is medium / long term swing Trader, and it is not an EA that opens a lot of trades

regards

RAS Delimma

Hi ND,

For Electra Absolute PET 1, RAS shows today (Oct. 16, 2011):

Weeks Total Pips Total USD

127 17,027 -18,723

Although the EA has made substatial PIPs, the overall $ is a loser.

The only way I can think of, for this to happen, is the size setting.

The trader has had size 1 for a winning trade and has had size 15 (for example) on a losing trade.

Is there any other reason?

Question: Do Elite members have to pay RAS to use Holgar's signals?

If no, how do we set up the RAS? I could not find any link on RAS website to refer to the Elite memebrs.

Regards,

Hi meaneradicator,

I have no idea about policy of RAS concerning tsd elite members: RAS service and tsd forum are not connected with each other anymore. You can ask RAS support.

As to accounts of elite EAs with RAS so I can say that the meaning of elite section and RAS service is different: in elite section - I am trying to trade many pairs just to let the people oppotunity to select most profitable or less risky pairs; but in RAS - they required already profitable selected/pre-selected pairs/accounts to be ready to use without any selection/pre-selection.

As I remember - RAS account for Electra exists longer period of time then this Electra Alpari UK account as I changed metatrader account for Electra 1 time because of relocation of elite servers. For example - if you go to Electra RAS so you can see that first trade was opened 2009-05-12 10:00:20, but in my Alpari UK account - in June 2010 (because I changed account in metatrader 1 time for Electra).

So, those total in dollars and in pips in RAS - for whole the period of time started from 2009 (RAS service is not deleting data/trades etc even if I will change account in metatrader).

Different in pips and in dollars? It is because Electra is not using fixed lot size and it is having some kind of MM depends on ATR or similar. If you will have fixed lot size with RAS (0.1 for example) so this 17,027 pips (4 digit pips) will be 17,000 dollars in proft for you.

Besides, please note that for Electra - some pairs are profitable consistently, but some pairs are losing. I am trading all just because of this account protection feature: more pairs to trade = less risk for account. If you will use RAS - I am suggesting to you to use fixed lot size and select profitable pairs only to trade (1 - 3 pairs only).

RAS is preferable to be used for MTF EAs (such as Alpha and Electra) because risk and MM depend on number of trading pairs and initial deposit/balance, and if you will trade 1 or 3 pairs for Electra with RAS - it means that you will trade more safe with RAS (because your '1 - 3 pairs account' will be connected with 'my 12 pairs account' via RAS).

- For MTF EAs (Alpha and Electra) - more pairs to trade = less risk/loss for account = more drawdown = big depposit required It is what I am doing.

- you without RAS:

less pairs to trade (you will not trade losing pairs as you will sepect 1 - 3 most profitable pairs) = more risk/loss for account = small floating drawdown = big deposit required to cover the losses.

- You with RAS:

less pair to trade (you will select 1 or 3 most profitable pairs) = less risk (because your account will be connected with my less risky account using RAS) = not big deposit requited (because you are trading 1 or 3 pairs instead of many pairs) = not big drawdrawdown (same - because you are trading few pairs instead of 12 pairs).

Trading 1 or 3 pairs for Electra connected it to my account using RAS - you can minimuze the riks in this case.

Because in Alpha and Electra - account protection feature is working for whole the account, and as many pairs to trade as less risk to use. So, trading 1 or 3 pairs using RAS (I am trading 12 as I remember) - your account will be protected by Electra in very good way (in sthe same way as my account for 12 pairs).

That is why I am not disconnecting elite section EAs from RAS.

Sorry for complicated explanation.

How frequently does Electra 1.17 trade?

Answer: Based on my experience, very frequently. If you are running Electra on 19 pairs, you should have open trades all the time.

If you do not have any trades and you do not have any error messages in Expert or Journal tab,

the only reason that I can think of is that the EA is no ECN compatible.

This is how you can find this out about any EA:

Go to your Metatrader and click on "New Order". In the screen that opens if the Stop Loss and Take Profit fields are grayed out, it means that you are talking to an ECN broker and it does not accept opening of any trade with SL and TP. You have to open it first with SL=0 and TP=0, then go ahead and modify the SL and TP.

Your EA is not an exception. It must also open the trade first and then modify it.

Open your EA in Mataquotes Language editor and find the command "OrderSend"

This command must have its SL and TP as zero. Otherwise the broker simply ignores the order.

example: OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,slippage,0,0,"some good EA",MagicNumber,0,Blue);

The two zeros after the slippage refer to SL and TP.

For Electra, you can choose your broker as ECN True/False in EA Input tab. If you choose incorrectly, no trades will open.

Hope this helps.

rookie23:
or is it because I am using 1.17 and 1.11 might trade more frequently,

it might sound silly but just anxious

thanks in advance

Hi Newdigital,

When I trade v1.17 on multiple pairs, do I need assign different magic numbers to each pair ?

Thanks in advance,

pooh123

Same magic for all. Because EA's account protection feature is working for whole the account.

Hello Project1972,

I have problem understanding the following codes on money management from Electra v1.17:

if (AccountEquity()<(Equity*0.90))

{

Equity=AccountEquity()-(AccountEquity()*0.90);[/CODE]

The corresponding codes in Electra v1.11 is :

[CODE] if (AccountEquity()<Equity-((Equity*10)/100))

{

Equity=AccountEquity()-((AccountEquity()*10)/100);

I understand the above codes from v1.11 as it is in line with your statement that, if we lose 10% of equity, we reduce mm by 10%. However, the codes from v1.17 seem to reduce mm by 90% when we lose 10% of equity. Can you please enlighten me on this ? Or is the quoted codes from v1.17 a bug ?

Thanks in advance

pooj123

Electra Absolute EA - just an idea about how this EA is trading:

AUDUSD

NZDUSD: