Electra EA ** Released to Elite Members ** - page 50

Yes, I agree with you.

I only want to say that it is really difficult to select the good settings for such a complex EA. It can be in the way of forward testing only.

Yes, it is good idea to create the manual.

When we will have new version of Electra so I will try to write the manual for all the vensions.

Manual for Elektra

Thank you for your answer, Newdigital.

I'm actually forward testing Elektra with your settings, and I'm planning to go live soon on a little account. I say "little", because, the account must have the capability of managing microlots (as I saw from my testing with your settings), and the total amount of simultaneous investment must not exceed 2 lots (normal limitations of microaccounts). This is something easily accomplished by Elektra, because even 15 simultaneous opened trades do not exceed 2 lots.

My only doubt is about the minimum starting capital. On demo I used $10,000, and there was no problem. But 2 days ago I tried a demo with $5000, and there has not been any trade yet. Now I don't know if this is due to an insufficient starting amount, or simply because it's not the "apropiate moment" for it.

So I have a question (if you know the answer): What is the minimum starting amount needed with your settings?

You can count on me for sharing any experiences and/or results with Elektra.

Christoph

If cases when there is not enough money, Electra writes it out (every version of Electra)

If you are using version 1.17 and you have the showMessages parameter set to false, than those messages are redirected to experts log (in the trades, the experts tab). If set to true, it will show those messages on the main screen

regards

mladen

chk56:
Thank you for your answer, Newdigital.

I'm actually forward testing Elektra with your settings, and I'm planning to go live soon on a little account. I say "little", because, the account must have the capability of managing microlots (as I saw from my testing with your settings), and the total amount of simultaneous investment must not exceed 2 lots (normal limitations of microaccounts). This is something easily accomplished by Elektra, because even 15 simultaneous opened trades do not exceed 2 lots.

My only doubt is about the minimum starting capital. On demo I used $10,000, and there was no problem. But 2 days ago I tried a demo with $5000, and there has not been any trade yet. Now I don't know if this is due to an insufficient starting amount, or simply because it's not the "apropiate moment" for it.

So I have a question (if you know the answer): What is the minimum starting amount needed with your settings?

You can count on me for sharing any experiences and/or results with Elektra.

Christoph

Yes, that's it! - It was because of the file

"86490d1247204456-electra-ea-released-elite-members-absolutestrengthforea.mq4"

which should be renamed to:

"absolutestrengthforea.mq4"

Sometimes one such silly thing can make you go mad. Thank you!

Christoph

Just how did you get to that name? :)

Now about renaming (not just in case of Electra, but generally) : please take care to use indicators with their original names. The reason is simple : metarated recognizes indicators by their file names (it does not matter at all what is the "internal name" (short name) of an indicator) and since they are used from EAs if their names are altered, EA won't work or you even can get unpredictable results (saw even cases like that )

regards

mladen

chk56:
Yes, that's it! - It was because of the file

which should be renamed to:

"absolutestrengthforea.mq4"

Sometimes one such silly thing can make you go mad. Thank you!

Christoph

Well, I'm glad you asked me that question, because that just made me discover a strange behaviour (bug?) of Firefox.

It happens that each second time I click with the right mouse button on the download link of whatever file of this section (I downloaded it from the post where v1.17 is attached), the prefix "86490d1247204456-electra-ea-released-elite-members-..." appears and is added to the filename.

No idea why that happens, (perhaps it is intentional, so that you know where you downloaded from) but good to know, because originally I thought that it really was part of the filename.

As for renaming, I figured it out from the error message, where the "correct" filename was requested.

Thank you.

Christoph

Strange error indeed ...

I am using Firefox 3.5 (still beta version) and it does not have that error, so they probably knew about it and corrected it already (for the release version that is to come, of course)

regards

mladen

chk56:
Well, I'm glad you asked me that question, because that just made me discover a strange behaviour (bug?) of Firefox.

It happens that each second time I click with the right mouse button on the download link of whatever file of this section (I downloaded it from the post where v1.17 is attached), the prefix "86490d1247204456-electra-ea-released-elite-members-..." appears and is added to the filename.

No idea why that happens, (perhaps it is intentional, so that you know where you downloaded from) but good to know, because originally I thought that it really was part of the filename.

As for renaming, I figured it out from the error message, where the "correct" filename was requested.

Thank you.

Christoph

Yup! - Funny, I have this error on version 3.5.1, but just checked it out on another PC where I have the new version 3.5.12, and the error doesn't show up there anymore. Well, all clear then!

Regards,

Christoph

thats a fantilastic idea with a manual - i'd say we definately need one for Project Alpha as well since that as well is a "black box" of mystery to me too

Parameter set for Electra 1.17 for M1 or M5 or M15?

I am new here. I have also just tried Electra 1.17 and have not got a result as expected yet.

Yes, a manual would be definitely highly desirable.

and I am wondering if anyone here has experimented Electra for M1 or M5 or M15 and could give me a parameter set?

I like to see more trades on the intraday basis.

Reason: