Electra EA ** Released to Elite Members ** - page 48

I also tested Electra 1.16 for a month on demo and real accounts without MM. not so good. It will be better to add an equity stoploss, how Gray Eminence said.

and also i would like to know how i can set up a stop loss to another value (less then default). I noticed that entering the market in 70% cases is wrong, especially night enters. My setting at equity trailing are about 3-4 percent. Usually it gains once a day, but when position are closing, more then half of them is in minus. A time frame option will be useful feauture.

I offer to add any calculation of correlation indicator to make a some hedge option. Because very oftensome pairs moves accurate at the same or mirror directions. And as i noticed above 70% of trades are losing. It depends of pairs correlation.

My idea is to make EA calculating any table correlation for certain pairs (for example take calculation period - last 30 days),

and not to open orders with correlating pairs (+0,8 - +1) and not open opposite trades for pair with correlating index (-1 - -0,8) to getting low risk;

or open the opposite trades to hedge.

My idea is to make EA calculating any table correlation for certain pairs (for example take calculation period - last 30 days),

and not to open orders with correlating pairs (+0,8 - +1) and not open opposite trades for pair with correlating index (-1 - -0,8) to getting low risk;

or open the opposite trades to hedge.

Yes, good idea.

seems like the new fifo rule for all nfa brokers can make trouble for electra and alpha - if we cannot have trailing stops any more and no stoploss and also since orders need to be closed by an opposite order...

Anyone else than me worried about this?

TIA

Hansen

Forget about any NFA brokers, they are dead for most Forex traders. And with the new MT5, brokers are targeting other market, they don't want anymore the "small" forex traders.

Most programmers I talked with will not make their EA NFA compliant, too tired to change again and again something working fine, and there are enough non NFA brokers well regulated around

Btw, I don't see how Electra is impacted outside the way to close a trade? No hedge no FIFO here

Cheers,

GE

PS : anyone running Electra on AlpariUK, it doesn't take good trades, it's amazing on FXPro and FXCM, but nada good on AlpariUK ....

Gray Eminence:
Forget about any NFA brokers, they are dead for most Forex traders. And with the new MT5, brokers are targeting other market, they don't want anymore the "small" forex traders.

Most programmers I talked with will not make their EA NFA compliant, too tired to change again and again something working fine, and there are enough non NFA brokers well regulated around

Btw, I don't see how Electra is impacted outside the way to close a trade? No hedge no FIFO here

Cheers,

GE

PS : anyone running Electra on AlpariUK, it doesn't take good trades, it's amazing on FXPro and FXCM, but nada good on AlpariUK ....

Thanks for commenting Gray,

My concern is I wanted to use IBFX for a mini account with Electra, but as IBFX are NFA registered and thus will need to follow NFA rules.

I was wondering if Electra will work correctly in an IBFX mini account after the new rules have been implemented (especially if closing an order needs to be done by opening an opposing market order).

But hopefully this can be "fixed" in Electra - maybe it is not hard to code the rule to close any open order with an opposite order - but I am not a coder unfortunately :-(.

I just really like the idea that you can use it on 19 pairs in a mini account (so the deposit requirement is not like 10000 usd but more like 1200 usd - I am pretty sure I am not the only one here who cannot shell out 12000 usd ) - also, IBFX may be harder to use being NFA member and all but there are not many brokers offering nano lots that I would trust with more than 1000 usd of my money ;-) - and as I read in the beginning of the thread, Electra works really well with IBFX as stated by Project himself.

please see this screenshot for example (taken from Alpha EA but issue will be the same for both Electra and Alpha if I am not mistaken - a trade is opened BEFORE another of same currency but closed LATER than the later trade):

Files:
example_1.jpg  275 kb

As far as I know, Electra is never taking 2 trades on the same pair at same time, it willalways wait the previous to be closed before thinking opening a new one

Cheers,

GE

jhansen, Alpha is an "ongoing project" at a moment.

Implicitly, alpha can not "hedge". The "implicit way" is hidden in the way how Alpha closes trades when loosing. There are two ways : the equity protection way, which is not interesting for you, and the "hidden stop loss" which is applied to all the trades of one symbol and, in cases when conditions for "opposite trades" can happen, will first close the opened trades, and only then it can enter new trades.

Of course, we are going to add some code to make a "no hedge" an option that will be 100% "no hedge proof" (so the user can decide - since there will still be some "no hedging brokers") but even now you are on "safe side"

regards

mladen

ND-

RAS is awesome! You have done excellent. It is such a relief to be able to cut out all of the junk and use dlls.

I just do not have time to mess with all the EAs, installation, transfer and testing anymore and using the dlls makes it so much easier. I cannot wait for new versions of Alpha and Electra (I see a newer Alpha on RAS though). I thought those were excellent contributions by Project_1972 and will be excited to experiment with them again using the RAS service!

I also like organization of RAS website and the way you can quickly move around the site to find what is necessary. Your instructions on the RAS TSD sticky were great also.

The elite section is an incredible value and well worth the money.

Thanks again,

Chili

@gray eminence @mladen,

thanks for your answers guys

I guess I can go ahead with Electra on IBFX mini then...

Even after august 1'st.

Thanks again.

Looking forward to 1.17 version.

Thanks also to new digital for keeping us well informed.

Gray Eminence, you are right, with one addition :

Apart from never taking two trades at a same symbol (not even in the same direction, so no worry about the "hedge rule", Electra can not break that rule), it will not open a new position on a day when it already opened and closed a position (you might call it a "one trade per day" rule )

regards

mladen

Gray Eminence:
As far as I know, Electra is never taking 2 trades on the same pair at same time, it willalways wait the previous to be closed before thinking opening a new one

Cheers,

GE
Reason: