Electra EA ** Released to Elite Members ** - page 45

As I said sorry for the tone of my post to badguy, sorry to you too Yarizona

In order to avoid any confusion : the latest (newest) Electra posted is version 1.16. ND and me, we already made 1.17 but it is still in forward testing phase right now. Also we are developing even never versions, but about those we shall post and talk when they are finished

PS: judging from the source of the "electra v2" it is either a bit modified 1.11 or 1.12 (not sure really)

regards

mladen

Yarizona:
Mladen,

I am dad serious about electra_v2. Check the screenshot I attached. As you can see, there is an electra_v2.mq4 file available in this link:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178196

(click on the attachments and scroll down, you'll see electra_v2.mq4 file.)

It may not be the real v2 version, it might be just an older version named as v2. If this is the case, it needs to be removed by admin to avoid confusion.

--Yarizona

Electra performance...

Hi NewDigital,

Can you tell why the results between "Total Winners" and RAS data is so totally different in Electra's case (like big winner/big loser)? Are the brokers same? Which one to trust?

I am using 2 Electra versions with RAS.

1.17 version was not posted yet.

1.16 version was counted for RAS but for elite section - on weekends only.

Because it is automatically with RAS. But for elite section - I am counting manually every weekend (and doing it right now).

Besides, total winners is the performance started from long time ago (you can see month/year when it was started). The performance in RAS - started from few month ago.

Thanks for the answers, and I deeply appreciate the dedication and work put in to this EA, even though I'm a newbie.

Instead of purely academic approach I just wanted to ask the right questions about profitability on behalf of all the half-lost newcomers here, who seek something to grab on and motivate them to start learning and testing further

Adapted Electra 1.16 to use same entries (rules) as proposed by shmilya999 (stochastic 15, 30, H1 and H4) at this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178196/page23

Testing conditions for EURUSD from 01.01.2008 (that are different from defaults) :
PrefSettings- false

ATRBreakeven- 1

ATRPartialClose- 1.5

ATRStoploss- 1

EquityTrailing- true

Tested are closed bars only so tests is fairly accurate (as much as back tests can be). Results are interesting, with a couple of observations : Because of the way Electra calculates entries when UseAutomaticMM set to true and with partial closes set to true, and since ranges for EURUSD are going wild lately, minimal account initial balance for testing is (roughly) :
12-13.000 for accounts that allow 0.01 minimal lot size

120-130.000 for accounts that allow 0.1 minimal lot size

(The test shown is set to 250.000$ initial account balance)

PS: attached a small indicator too. It is not used by Electra (so you do not have to have it on your PC in order that Electra works) , but, if you attach it to 15 minute chart (or the time frame with minimal time frame from parameters chosen), it will show you points when would Electra consider a good entry points according to 4 time frame stochastic alignment (second picture)

PPS: I hope that something good came after all from this "V2" temporary confusion. Notice : updated the indicator - there was an error in it

regards to all

mladen

One more observation, that in this case, considers Electra (these are the signals that Electra stochastic would consider in trade on these two brokers), but in general, it concerns any EA, any indicator and any trading system.

Posted these two pictures (they are big in order to show more, hope that no one minds). Just compare the signals Electra will consider on those two brokers. Indicator is the same (from two posts above) so there should be no considerable difference, but differences are sometimes huge

So, if sometimes testing results are not the same with any system results posted anywhere, just think about this example first (I know I always have to remind myself about it )

Files:

Hi Mladen,

what in this indicator shows the signals for Electra? Is it the green or red bars? I have attached it to my chart but don't know what I should be looking out for.

Thanks in advance.

Electra stochastic will check for entry signal when it is not in trade : so, if there is no open trades made by Electra stochastic , the EA would :
- buy on green vertical line

- sell on red vertical bar

Those are the signals when 4 time frame (15 minute, 30 minute, 1H and 4H stochastic align. As I said Electra itself does not use this indicator (it calculates the same thing internally) , but this indicator is made just to show what would Electra stochastic "consider" as entry signals.

regards

mladen

kadronsa:
Hi Mladen,

what in this indicator shows the signals for Electra? Is it the green or red bars? I have attached it to my chart but don't know what I should be looking out for.

Thanks in advance.

Where Do I download Electra EA

As an Elite member, where do i download the Electra EA?

See the first post here for version 1.11:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178196

The most recent version is version 1.16, posted by mladen:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178196/page27

Reason: