Electra EA ** Released to Elite Members ** - page 39

EquityTrailing

Hi,

I wonder if I could ask the experts here a question on Electra:

Can EquityTrailing be used for setting trailing stops? I had two trades on EURUSD and GBPUSD that were in profit for several hundred dollars only to watch it come back down to 0 where Electra closed it. How could I use EquityTrailing be used to capture profits in this case?

thanks,

b

EquityTrailing is working for whole account for all the trades. It is not working for one pair only.

If course if you will use it for EURUSD only so it will work for EURUSD only if you have just this pair only in the account.

This settings is for whole account.

Question with Electra v1.14

Dear Forum Friends,

I just downloaded the Electra v1.14 EA and tried to run it for a test on my MT4 platform with FXPro practice account. The practice account has 100,000 USD in yet when I tried to run the Electra v1.14 EA on it is says not enough money in the account to run it !? Is there something that is wrong with the program?

Thank you .

PhiladelphiaForex

philadelphiaforex:
Dear Forum Friends,

I just downloaded the Electra v1.14 EA and tried to run it for a test on my MT4 platform with FXPro practice account. The practice account has 100,000 USD in yet when I tried to run the Electra v1.14 EA on it is says not enough money in the account to run it !? Is there something that is wrong with the program?

Thank you .

PhiladelphiaForex

Please, read current thread. This question has been answered many times.

something wrong whit electra 1

what is "spreads widen" wrong? anybody know why?

Files:
untitled_2.jpg  159 kb

Hi phamchutuanvn,

It is not related to the EA. It is related to the broker. I mean: all the text in red color on the left down of the chart - it is the following: Electra EA is checking the broker.

Checking is doing: disconnection (your broker disconnected your Metatrader, spread (your broker is widenning the spread).

I can say that it depends on the broker. IBFX for example is having some floating spread. More fixed spread is having Alparo UK ... I have indicator created by Igorad (SpreadoMeter) ... I will ask him about possibilty to post it to elite members (it may be very good for the people doing scalping to measure the spead all the time by indicator on the chart by lines) and you can see.

As to spread. It is the settings of Electra:

-----------

SpreadProtection = True; // If the spread is widen than normal (News time) we will not open positions or continue positions until it normalize

PipTolerance =2; // value in pips over normal spread to activate the SpreadProtection.

------------

So, if you broker is widenning the spread so Electra EA will report you about it by red color text with time when it was.

An updated version :

What has been changed :
messages are more controlled (so now you are not getting same terminal status message in a row - so now you can get something like on the picture)

some errors corrected (there was an error if you ran out of money or the money was not enough for safe trading, and then terminal stopped - it was not continuing to trade in the case when conditions changed in your favor)

Some observations of this EA:
On a broker with minimal lot of 0.1 not even 100.000 is enought for its safe trading (0.4 lot for safe trading as minimum but since that calculation is done dynamically in accordance with one sort of ATR you may get "not enough money" one day and then the EA can continue trading next day depending on ATR - so do not be alarmed with it, it is trying to addapt itself to the market conditions)

Entries are not going to be same for different brokers (especially difference is going to be noticeable between brokers with Sunday data and those without it) In my tests I found that brokers with Sunday data give better results

Preferred setting (the UsePrefsSettings parameter) were set in previous versions of this very good EA but I prefer other setting (for example settings for EURUSD in preferred settings are 2,4.5,1.5 but in my tests best results for EURUSD were with 1,1.5,1 - and usePreffSettings set to false)

For those of you that like to change setting in the source itself the preferred settings are defined in this block

if(PrefSettings == true)

{

checkSymbol("AUDCAD", 1 , 4 , 1.5);

checkSymbol("AUDCHF", 1 , 4 , 1.5);

checkSymbol("AUDJPY", 1 , 3 , 1 );

checkSymbol("AUDNZD", 1 , 3 , 1 );

checkSymbol("AUDUSD", 2 , 3 , 1.5);

checkSymbol("CADCHF", 1.5, 4.5, 1 );

checkSymbol("CADJPY", 1.5, 4.5, 1 );

checkSymbol("CHFJPY", 1.5, 4.5, 1 );

checkSymbol("CHFCAD", 1 , 3 , 1.5);

checkSymbol("EURAUD", 1.5, 2.5, 2 );

checkSymbol("EURCAD", 2 , 4 , 1.5);

checkSymbol("EURCHF", 1 , 3 , 1.5);

checkSymbol("EURGBP", 2 , 2.5, 2 );

checkSymbol("EURJPY", 1 , 4 , 1 );

checkSymbol("EURNZD", 1.5, 4.5, 1 );

checkSymbol("EURUSD", 2 , 4.5, 1.5);

checkSymbol("GBPAUD", 1.5, 4.5, 1 );

checkSymbol("GBPCAD", 1.5, 4.5, 1 );

checkSymbol("GBPCHF", 1.5, 6 , 0.5);

checkSymbol("GBPJPY", 1.5, 2 , 2 );

checkSymbol("GBPNZD", 1.5, 4.5, 1 );

checkSymbol("GBPUSD", 1.5, 3.5, 2 );

checkSymbol("NZDUSD", 1.5, 3.5, 2 );

checkSymbol("NZDJPY", 1 , 3 , 1.5);

checkSymbol("NZDCAD", 1 , 3 , 1.5);

checkSymbol("NZDCHF", 1 , 3 , 1.5);

checkSymbol("USDJPY", 2 , 4.5, 1 );

checkSymbol("USDCHF", 0.5, 5.5, 2 );

checkSymbol("USDCAD", 2 , 4 , 1.5);

}

the numbers correspond to ATRBreakeven, ATRPartialClose and ATRStoploss parameters in the parameters of this EA (there is no need to change symbols names (and you should not change them) for brokers that use "m" or ".." or any suffix or prefix since this ea will find its way in those too)

Please, do test it before using it (one of the things changed is that it does behave the same way in tests as in "live" trade) and since testing is on closed bars only, differences should not be too big (with obligatory addition : "but the future no one can guarantee, and back test is not the same as forward test or live trade...")

This EA does not depend on the charts time frame so you do not need to test different time frames, it is enough to test it on one. For the rest of how does this EA work and behave, please read the thread. Much more said in previous posts than I can say now

good luck to all of you using it

Files:

PS: added a version in which global variables are not connected to symbol too (but to account only) It is a bit more flexible

Also you should know that electra does not make difference in a draw down "provoked" buy "her" or buy anything else (there is actually no reliable way to reconstruct something like that from metatrader past trades list since metatrader does not guarantee any particular order except for the "order by tickets" and that one is not enough to reconstruct states), so electras work (in any version of it) is affected by every action on the account it is attached too

But then, 99% percent of EAs that are trying to protect ones account do depend on anything happening on that account, so we can say that this is quite a normal behavior for a normal EA

mladen:
An updated version : What has been changed :
messages are more controlled (so now you are not getting same terminal status message in a row - so now you can get something like on the picture)

some errors corrected (there was an error if you ran out of money or the money was not enough for safe trading, and then terminal stopped - it was not continuing to trade in the case when conditions changed in your favor)

Some observations of this EA:
On a broker with minimal lot of 0.1 not even 100.000 is enought for its safe trading (0.4 lot for safe trading as minimum but since that calculation is done dynamically in accordance with one sort of ATR you may get "not enough money" one day and then the EA can continue trading next day depending on ATR - so do not be alarmed with it, it is trying to addapt itself to the market conditions)

Entries are not going to be same for different brokers (especially difference is going to be noticeable between brokers with Sunday data and those without it) In my tests I found that brokers with Sunday data give better results

Preferred setting (the UsePrefsSettings parameter) were set in previous versions of this very good EA but I prefer other setting (for example settings for EURUSD in preferred settings are 2,4.5,1.5 but in my tests best results for EURUSD were with 1,1.5,1 - and usePreffSettings set to false)

For those of you that like to change setting in the source itself the preferred settings are defined in this block

if(PrefSettings == true)

{

checkSymbol("AUDCAD", 1 , 4 , 1.5);

checkSymbol("AUDCHF", 1 , 4 , 1.5);

checkSymbol("AUDJPY", 1 , 3 , 1 );

checkSymbol("AUDNZD", 1 , 3 , 1 );

checkSymbol("AUDUSD", 2 , 3 , 1.5);

checkSymbol("CADCHF", 1.5, 4.5, 1 );

checkSymbol("CADJPY", 1.5, 4.5, 1 );

checkSymbol("CHFJPY", 1.5, 4.5, 1 );

checkSymbol("CHFCAD", 1 , 3 , 1.5);

checkSymbol("EURAUD", 1.5, 2.5, 2 );

checkSymbol("EURCAD", 2 , 4 , 1.5);

checkSymbol("EURCHF", 1 , 3 , 1.5);

checkSymbol("EURGBP", 2 , 2.5, 2 );

checkSymbol("EURJPY", 1 , 4 , 1 );

checkSymbol("EURNZD", 1.5, 4.5, 1 );

checkSymbol("EURUSD", 2 , 4.5, 1.5);

checkSymbol("GBPAUD", 1.5, 4.5, 1 );

checkSymbol("GBPCAD", 1.5, 4.5, 1 );

checkSymbol("GBPCHF", 1.5, 6 , 0.5);

checkSymbol("GBPJPY", 1.5, 2 , 2 );

checkSymbol("GBPNZD", 1.5, 4.5, 1 );

checkSymbol("GBPUSD", 1.5, 3.5, 2 );

checkSymbol("NZDUSD", 1.5, 3.5, 2 );

checkSymbol("NZDJPY", 1 , 3 , 1.5);

checkSymbol("NZDCAD", 1 , 3 , 1.5);

checkSymbol("NZDCHF", 1 , 3 , 1.5);

checkSymbol("USDJPY", 2 , 4.5, 1 );

checkSymbol("USDCHF", 0.5, 5.5, 2 );

checkSymbol("USDCAD", 2 , 4 , 1.5);

}

the numbers correspond to ATRBreakeven, ATRPartialClose and ATRStoploss parameters in the parameters of this EA (there is no need to change symbols names (and you should not change them) for brokers that use "m" or ".." or any suffix or prefix since this ea will find its way in those too)

Please, do test it before using it (one of the things changed is that it does behave the same way in tests as in "live" trade) and since testing is on closed bars only, differences should not be too big (with obligatory addition : "but the future no one can guarantee, and back test is not the same as forward test or live trade...")

This EA does not depend on the charts time frame so you do not need to test different time frames, it is enough to test it on one. For the rest of how does this EA work and behave, please read the thread. Much more said in previous posts than I can say now good luck to all of you using it

What indicator is in the upper right hand corner? also does anyone know how electra decides trend m1, m5, h1 etc? does anyone know if a separate indicator that is setup with multiple timeframes to calculate trend like that?

thanks

Thanhks newdigital

Thanhks for your answer

Reason: