MACD indicator - page 36

rhodes:
A few days ago I happen to come across a video by Phil McGrew talking about his MACD Dot method. I understood most of it, but I was wondering if anyone here knows how the Dot signal filters works? He said on the MACD histogram that it has to be a certain hight and and the rate of change - roll over of the histogram or market has be a certain amount or how fast it happens, before a Dot appears on the charts. I am not really sure about this.

So I was wondering if anyone happens to know the part about the rate of change and knowing when a Dot is placed on the chart? How is that calculated ect.

Any info about this would be great.

Thanks,

Check here!

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178018

What is this MACD ?

Hi,

What is this Macd please? what blue Macd ?

And what 50's Channel indicator please ?

I found it here

Black Dog Forex Trading System | Great Trading Systems

MACD and Stochastic

hi, as I keep missing some good trades I do know when both indicator show same direction would be confirm ideal entry signal,

can some programmer put MACD and stochastic together.

signal would be

MACD crossover, then stochastic crossover.

have alert and arrow on chart that would be nice.

this chart I just saved on Friday 2 hours before market closed on eur/usd 5m

small green arrow is MACD crossover alert(no mq4 file)

red up arrow is stochastic crossover

at 18:55 macd show crossover

at 19:40 stochastic show crossover

therefore ideal entry signal would be 19:40.

wonder if any programmer would help me to get this done.

I think most of programmer will not help anyway

I might try my self with icustom fuction to try out.

Files:

Hello,fxbs,I liked MACD All Average,probably to make si

milar for Osma? Tks

ALL indicators Except MACD SUCK!

I have tried them all, and nothing is consistent if the MACD has not yet crossed the 0.00 line. (And the MACD MUST be used with the correct settings.) I have found profitable settings for the ZeroLag when used on a NON time based chart. Anyone want to program the attached indicator into a simple cross over EA which can duplicate manual trading 100%? It catches 50-100 pip moves daily. I will share the settings, and chart to place it on with you in exchange which is working for me manually.

Entry rules:

sell when ZeroLag MACD line crosses 0.00 line on second candle after the crossover is confirmed.

Close sell and open buy when Zerolag MACD crosses 0.00 line

Stoploss 40.

Break Even 30

Files:

indi to be proggramed

Maybe this already exist but I didn't manage to find that kind of indi.

Idea is next...

Combination of MACD with two lines and RSI and way how it works is next-when the macd line is above the signal line and above the zero line bars(OHLC) on chart ar colored in green,and reverse-if the macd is below the signal line and below the zero line bars are colred in red.If one of those two conditions is not achived bars are black(ex.macd is above signal line but below the zero).

And now changes for the rsi-when te line is above level 70 the little green triangle will be printed below the bar on the chart,and when the line is below level 30 red triangle will be printed above the bar.Period for rsi is 7,if that is important.

I know this is possible because I see that in some video tutorials,but we must plot MACD and RSI on a chart and I want the indi who is not going to be hiden (not showing on the chart) he will just changing bars.

Please help and sorry for bad english.

Thanks

multi macd indi

Hi,

I've found on the web a system which uses three macd with differents

settings on the same time frame.The rules are simple: you enter

long when all the macd are above zero and short when all are

below.

I wonder if it is possible to get an indi which plays sound alert

and issues visual alert when the last macd(whatever it is) goes

above(below) zero when the two others are already

above(below).

The original parameters are:

Macd 1: 8, 50, 1

Macd 2: 50, 200, 1

Macd 3: 3, 10, 1

But it would be nice if it was possible to change the settings of

those indicators.

Thank you on advance for your answer.

is there such indicator as MACD candle when on crossover?

found it, should go for ma candle and have same macd setting

Hello! I am looking for a MACD indicator with email alerts when MACD histogramm crosses zero line that actually works. At the moment i am only interested of receiving email alerts when MACD histogramm crosses zero line.

I have MACD_ColorHist_Alert.mq4 , but it is broken. In general it works fine butit sends me email alerts only when histogramm crosses up. But not when it crosses down.

I think i know where the problem is.

// macd Cross 0 up

if (flagval11==0)

{

flagval11=1;

flagval12=0;

flagval32=1;

if ((SoundAlert)&&(MACDzeroLineCrossAlert)) Alert (Symbol()," M",Period(), " MACD is crossed Up 0");

if ((EmailAlert)&&(MACDzeroLineCrossAlert)) SendMail("MACD CrossedZero Up", "MACD CrossedZero Up, Date="+TimeToStr(CurTime(),TIME_DATE)+" "+TimeHour(CurTime())+":"+TimeMinute(CurTime())+" Symbol="+Symbol()+" Period="+Period());

}

}

//

else if ((ind_buffer10))

{

//macd Cross 0 down

if (flagval12==0)

{

flagval11=0;

flagval12=1;

if ((SoundAlert)&&(MACDzeroLineCrossAlert)) Alert (Symbol()," M",Period(), " MACD is crossed Down 0");

if ((EmailAlert)&&(MACDzeroLineCrossAlert)) SendMail("MACD Crossed Zero Down","MACD CrossedZero Down, Date="+TimeToStr(CurTime(),TIME_DATE)+" "+TimeHour(CurTime())+":"+TimeMinute(CurTime())+" Symbol="+Symbol()+" Period="+Period());

}

}

//

else if ((ind_buffer1 ind_buffer2))

{[/CODE]

Pay attention to the fact that Cross up segment has flagval11, flagval12 and flagval32, but cross down segment only has flagval11 and flagval12!

[CODE]// macd Cross 0 up

if (flagval11==0)

{

flagval11=1;

flagval12=0;

flagval32=1;

//macd Cross 0 down

if (flagval12==0)

{

flagval11=0;

flagval12=1;

Can please someone either fix the indicator given here or give me a new indicator which sends out email alerts when histogramm crosses zero line up and down? I was unable to locate working indicator with email alerts anywhere.

Files:

MACD of Volume

I haven't seen it anywhere except a VWMA version of the MACD.

Can a kind programmer please create a normal Volume MACD? Without price being included in the calculation. Just the difference between two Volume MAs.

Thank you very much.

Reason: