MACD indicator - page 17

esl620:
I've tried all the indicators I could find on this site and none alert when MACD crosses 0, only when %k crosses %d. Some say they do, but don't actually work. If anybody could help I would greatly appreciate it.

When %k crosses %d?

that's not MACD

If you still look some alert for MACD try this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

and look for something called MACD_ColorHist_AlertGGv2.mq4 and recurrent versions

Give me help,thanks

Hi, Buddies

How can I define MACD_Current_BAR and MACD_Previous_BAR?

Sometime we need to analyze status about MACD's BAR for our .

But I can't understand how to code to define MACD_Current_BAR and MACD_Previous_BAR. Please give me a simple example is better.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards

Franky

Check MACD Sample EA in Metatrader (open it in MetaEditor).

Wow, I just read what I wrote...I was looking for a stochastic alert as well. Thanks for the help, I'll check those links out.

T3.new2.macd.mq4 work with T3.new2 (exact file name) Multiple Null Bar Re-Count in Some Indicators - MQL4 Articles

Files:

Wow FXBS, that is fast. And that indicator looks excellent, indeed! Thank you very much!

It seems you used the Fulks/Matulich modified T3 version, instead of the original Tilson version. And this definitely seems to be a good idea. It's generally much faster, without adding much whipwamming. I'll have to study it for a few days, to see how well it serves the purpose I plan to use it for.

I can see from the indicators you've been posting, that you've been putting some very great and excellent work into it all, and much research. It's very inspiring, and has led me into many new ideas to explore. Kudos!

The same is absolutely true for mladen's work, who dug up the alternative T3 calculation

Hope you're all picking generous fruits from it

MACD based on T3 MA / PPO

The other day, I stumbled on a version of PPO (Price Percentage Oscillator), which is actually a version of MACD (with the levels being percentage based, and not the exact pips difference between fast and slow MA). This one was scripted by Coders Guru (but I can't find where it was posted).

The cool thing about it is that it offers the possibility to use a wide range of MAs, including the T3, which is the default setting. It gives a really smooth curve, sometimes filtering what would be bad signals, sometimes giving signals much earlier.

You can see how it compares to a MACD of only EMAs, on the attached picture. The fat MAs are T3, the thin ones are EMAs.

I was wondering if someone could make the full MACD based on the T3 MA, including signal and histogram.

A version whith only MACD and signal (and no histogram) would also be appreciated.

Also, the PPO indicator has a minor flaw, as it doesn't update the chart real-time (it stays flat, until you switch time-frames), so if someone could fix that, this would be much appreciated too.

I'm attaching the PPO indicator, as well as a full MACD version with only EMAs (which I adapted myself, from a good working version) [edit: I removed this one, as the histogram was incorrect. I recommend using banzai's 2 color histogram version instead], and a MACD-EMA version with only 2 lines (no histogram).

By the way, I also found the MACD version that should make it possible to apply most MAs, called MACD_AllAverages_v2.2_xtest001 made by FXCB (see earlier post in this topic), but when setting it to T3, it looks terrible. Can't get anything useful out of it. Just a straight MACD-T3 would do it for me.

Thanks for all efforts!

Hello

Could anybody add a alert to the BB MACD for when it changes color, Alert maybe Time: BB MACD Long Signal on GBPUSD 5min.... something like that. Many thanks if anybody can. ohh and .vBob I didn't write indicator, just changed look to fit my set up.

Files:

Reason: