MACD indicator - page 30

FatherJack:
How very?

Divergencies are good for daytrading maybe. For 15 min they don't mean a thing.

Otherwise good stuff, well said.

it can be reliable on 15 min , if and only if , we consider the upper time frame .

for instance if H4 is bullish trend, then in m15 only notice the divergences which shows higher low.

as you say , watching only m15 is not useful . forex market is fully multi time frame market.

macd&rsi:
as you say , watching only m15 is not useful . forex market is fully multi time frame market.

Nah! That is wrong. If you are using a 4 hr timeframe, that is what you are using. Thinking that combining 15 min and 4 hour and you are trading multiple time frame is wrong. No matter what TF or indicator you are using, if you use several timeframes or indicators with different period, you are still trading 1 indicator - biggest, or 1 TF - longest.

It is a joke how people are putting 14 CCI and 34 CCI on chart, and looking for signals on both

macd&rsi:
you can use it in many ways:

1-MACD has a center line , which shows zero line.

the trader can buy when SIGNAL LINE cross it in upward move and sell vice.versa

in figure I have showed it with GREEN and ORANGE SIGN.

2-the trader can buy when signal line cross the EMA line in upward move and sell it V.V. I have showed it with RED and BLUE circle.

like the other indicators , you can see divergence and of course hidden divergence on this indicator, and as MACD is a lagging indicator , its signals are very reliable.

some of traders belived that on this indicator you can see classic price pattern , like HEAD & SHOULDERS , TRIANGLES ,.... but it seems not very logiclal idea .

for more informations you can read the GERALD APPEL book , who is the MACD innovator.

Technical Analysis: Power Tools for Active Investors , by gerald appel

the MACD-ON-CHART indicator has been writen by KHASHAYAR TALEBI , and the second belongs to dear mladen .

I attached both of them .

Thank's mr. macd&rsi for the answer,

Are here in this forum available e-book from Gerald Appel ?

regards,

MACD paremeter

macd&rsi:
it can be reliable on 15 min , if and only if , we consider the upper time frame .

for instance if H4 is bullish trend, then in m15 only notice the divergences which shows higher low.

What parameter are suitable in specific timeframe, for example in TF 15M what are the parameter and what are in TF 4H.

thank you

tetobsd:
What parameter are suitable in specific timeframe, for example in TF 15M what are the parameter and what are in TF 4H. thank you

it doesn't matter which set you choose. MACD has built on three moving averages.

first calculate the diference between two 12 ema and 26 ema then calculate the 9 ema of that difference line .

it depends on you .

at the end , search the 4shared.com - free file sharing and storage

MACD-OsMA(AM)2.mq4 GMACD21.mq4

Files:

tetobsd:
Hi all,

how can we use MACD to place an order ?

when to buy or when to sell regarding the pattern of MACD.

sory I'm newbie in forex

great thank's

If you are interested in use MACD on an expert advisor, check the 10points3 EA (do the search). you can use parts of the code to automatic trading.

int MACD()

{

myOrderType=3;

double MACDMainCurr=iMACD(NULL,0,Fast_EMA,Slow_EMA,Signal_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_MAIN,Shift);

double MACDSigCurr=iMACD(NULL,0,Fast_EMA,Slow_EMA,Signal_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_SIGNAL,Shift);

double MACDMainPre=iMACD(NULL,0,Fast_EMA,Slow_EMA,Signal_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_MAIN,Shift+1);

double MACDSigPre=iMACD(NULL,0,Fast_EMA,Slow_EMA,Signal_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_SIGNAL,Shift+1);

double SellRange=TradingRange*Point;

double BuyRange=(TradingRange-(TradingRange*2))*Point;

if(MACDMainCurr>MACDSigCurr && MACDMainPre<MACDSigPre && MACDSigPre<BuyRange && MACDMainCurr<0 && TimeStamp!=iTime(NULL,0,0)) {myOrderType=2; TimeStamp=iTime(NULL,0,0);}

if(MACDMainCurrMACDSigPre && MACDSigPre>SellRange && MACDMainCurr>0 && TimeStamp!=iTime(NULL,0,0)) {myOrderType=1; TimeStamp=iTime(NULL,0,0);}

text3=DoubleToStr(SellRange,Digits);

text4=DoubleToStr(BuyRange,Digits);

return(myOrderType);

}

When it returns myordertype=2, it sends a buy order, and =1 a sell order.

Before this int, there was somewhere:

if (myOrderType==1 && ContinueOpening)

OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,mylotsi,SellPrice,slippage,sl,tp,"10p3-Sell",Magic,0,Red);

Look at the code, and try to understand the logical job.

MACD changes color alert

hello guys,

can you pleaze help me find an MACD indicator that once it croses the zero downwords there would be a dot or an arrow on the price and vice versa,

when MACD crosses the zero upwards there would be a dot or an arrow on the price?

thank you so much in advance !

MACD crosses ADX

I looked all over and I can not find an indicator that shows the MACD crossing over to the ADX. That is when the SLow periods and Fast Periods of the MACD crosses what point is the +Di and -DI of the ADX at that point. I am a recent member and a beginning coder that needs lots of help.

I can not one. If anyone has one can you please post it.

Thank you,

MAslope_MACD, RCFMA https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/9115

Reason: