Guppy Multiple Moving Average - page 11

alpha24:
Here is shifted guppy moving averages (3x3,5x5,8x8,10x10 and so on)

How do you trade that?

techmac:
How do you trade that?

Not tried to trade with it but it looks visually good so shared here let us test it.

happy trading

Hi mladen,

Thanks for posting the wonderful Guppy MMA oscillator below.

mladen:
Just a little addition : Guppy MMA oscillator uses only EMA for calculation. This one allows to chose the standard moving average types instead of using just EMA : Guppy MMA oscillator 2_1 mtf lines + alerts.mq4

Since buffer1[] is the fast guppy and, as far as I understand, it more or less represents an average of the 6 fast guppy EMAs, therefore, a 9 period EMA plotted on the main price chart window will almost exactly match the fast guppy line of the Guppy MMA oscillator. How can I plot an EMA with a period of my choice in the separate Guppy MMA oscillator window but applied to PRICE, NOT applied to the fast guppy line. I want to do this to apply some filters based on the interaction between the EMA of my choice and the fast guppy line of the Guppy MMA oscillator you posted, example, if MyMA > FastGuppy, etc. How can this be done?

I tried adding buffer3[] to plot my chosen EMA with the code below, but that did not work. If I use

iMA(NULL,0,2,0,MaMethod,Price,i))*10;[/CODE] only for MyMA, it just flattens out all the lines so I tried the difference between a 1-period MA and a 3-period MA but only if multiplied by 1000 does the resulting line sort of match the scale of the fast guppy.

[CODE]

MyMA = (iMA(NULL,0,1,0,MaMethod,Price,i)-iMA(NULL,0,3,0,MaMethod,Price,i))*1000;

buffer3 = buffer3+(alpha*(diff3-buffer3));

I really don't know what to do to achieve this. Can you help mladen? How to for example, plot a 2-period MA of Price in the Guppy MMA oscillator window to match the scale of that window so that the values make sense in relation to the fast guppy line?

If I drag and drop a Moving Average into the Guppy MMA oscillator window it will only show if I apply it to the "First Indicator's Data" but I want to apply it to price instead, not by drag and drop but by code so I can access that MA's interaction via iCustom. I hope you can help. Thanks.

global:
Hi mladen,

Thanks for posting the wonderful Guppy MMA oscillator below.

Since buffer1[] is the fast guppy and, as far as I understand, it more or less represents an average of the 6 fast guppy EMAs, therefore, a 9 period EMA plotted on the main price chart window will almost exactly match the fast guppy line of the Guppy MMA oscillator. How can I plot an EMA with a period of my choice in the separate Guppy MMA oscillator window but applied to PRICE, NOT applied to the fast guppy line. I want to do this to apply some filters based on the interaction between the EMA of my choice and the fast guppy line of the Guppy MMA oscillator you posted, example, if MyMA > FastGuppy, etc. How can this be done?

I tried adding buffer3[] to plot my chosen EMA with the code below, but that did not work. If I use

iMA(NULL,0,2,0,MaMethod,Price,i))*10;[/CODE] only for MyMA, it just flattens out all the lines so I tried the difference between a 1-period MA and a 3-period MA but only if multiplied by 1000 does the resulting line sort of match the scale of the fast guppy.

[CODE]

MyMA = (iMA(NULL,0,1,0,MaMethod,Price,i)-iMA(NULL,0,3,0,MaMethod,Price,i))*1000;

buffer3 = buffer3+(alpha*(diff3-buffer3));

I really don't know what to do to achieve this. Can you help mladen? How to for example, plot a 2-period MA of Price in the Guppy MMA oscillator window to match the scale of that window so that the values make sense in relation to the fast guppy line?

If I drag and drop a Moving Average into the Guppy MMA oscillator window it will only show if I apply it to the "First Indicator's Data" but I want to apply it to price instead, not by drag and drop but by code so I can access that MA's interaction via iCustom. I hope you can help. Thanks.

global

An average of 6 EMA values will never match any of the emas (the simple average and ema are calculated differently, hence the average of 6 emas can not be equal to one of the emas)

As of the rest : ma period 1 is the price itself, that is why you don't get any matching values. Difference of two emas on the other hand is macd, and then you are having completely different indicator than the one you started from

mladen:

global

An average of 6 EMA values will never match any of the emas (the simple average and ema are calculated differently, hence the average of 6 emas can not be equal to one of the emas)

As of the rest : ma period 1 is the price itself, that is why you don't get any matching values. Difference of two emas on the other hand is macd, and then you are having completely different indicator than the one you started from

Ok, thank you for your answer mladen. I wanted to plot Price and another EMA on the Guppy MMA oscillator window to view their interaction with the Fast Guppy line but it seems like that isn't possible. Therefore, how can I instead plot your Fast Guppy on the main price chart window, that is, how can I replicate the Fast Guppy as one line in the main price chart window? A 9-period EMA in the main price chart window seems to match the single Fast Guppy line of the Guppy MMA oscillator but according to your explanation it's not an exact match. Proof of that is that when I create a 13-period EMA of that 9-period EMA, the crosses of those two lines do not exactly match the crosses of the Fast Guppy line of the your Guppy MMA oscillator and the trigger line which is buffer2 in your code.

So again, how can I replicate the your Fast Guppy as one line in the main price chart window? Is that possible? If it is then a 13-period EMA of that line should then cross at exactly the same time as the Fast Guppy and trigger line crosses of your Guppy MMA oscillator. Once this can be achieved I'll be able to see the interaction of price and another EMA of my choice with a single line fast guppy replica on the main chart. I hope you can help with this mladen. Thanks again.

global:

Ok, thank you for your answer mladen. I wanted to plot Price and another EMA on the Guppy MMA oscillator window to view their interaction with the Fast Guppy line but it seems like that isn't possible. Therefore, how can I instead plot your Fast Guppy on the main price chart window, that is, how can I replicate the Fast Guppy as one line in the main price chart window? A 9-period EMA in the main price chart window seems to match the single Fast Guppy line of the Guppy MMA oscillator but according to your explanation it's not an exact match. Proof of that is that when I create a 13-period EMA of that 9-period EMA, the crosses of those two lines do not exactly match the crosses of the Fast Guppy line of the your Guppy MMA oscillator and the trigger line which is buffer2 in your code.

So again, how can I replicate the your Fast Guppy as one line in the main price chart window? Is that possible? If it is then a 13-period EMA of that line should then cross at exactly the same time as the Fast Guppy and trigger line crosses of your Guppy MMA oscillator. Once this can be achieved I'll be able to see the interaction of price and another EMA of my choice with a single line fast guppy replica on the main chart. I hope you can help with this mladen. Thanks again.

global

To clarify : Guppy MMA means "Guppy multiple moving average". So, Guppy MMA are those averages (there is no one average but all those averages are the Guppy MMA). Some more information from Daryl Guppy himself (including the way how it should be traded) you can find here : http://www.guppytraders.com/gup329.shtml

global:

Why do you think that Guppy MMA is one line?

mladen:

global

To clarify : Guppy MMA means "Guppy multiple moving average". So, Guppy MMA are those averages (there is no one average but all those averages are the Guppy MMA). Some more information from Daryl Guppy himself (including the way how it should be traded) you can find here : http://www.guppytraders.com/gup329.shtml

Thank you for the clarification. I'm aware of the usual use of the GMMA but I was just experimenting with using it in a different way. Thanks anyway.

techmac:
Why do you think that Guppy MMA is one line?

I wasn't referring to the Guppy MMA as one line, rather, I was referring to the Fast Guppy represented by one line that is drawn from buffer1 of mladen's Guppy MMA oscillator.

global:
I wasn't referring to the Guppy MMA as one line, rather, I was referring to the Fast Guppy represented by one line that is drawn from buffer1 of mladen's Guppy MMA oscillator.

If you are trying to use the Guppy mma oscillator, then it is the same : all the averages must be used or the resulting value will be out of balance

Reason: