Repainting indicators - page 9

major repainter

Hi Moodyddd, ForexOffTrend repaints up to 4 candlesticks. It is worthless.

does this indicator repaint?

Files:

camisa:
does this indicator repaint?

Nope. It does keep updating for the currently open bar, but by the looks of it, it doesn't recompute completed bars.

ForexOfftrend

Yes the ForexOffTrend is a Repainter. However, in order to detect a trend, it may be useful.

But not more

Looking for a non-repainting indicator like this

Hi traders

I received this entry/exit signal indicator earlier today, as it was included as a bonus in an EA I bought. Turned out the EA was a waste of money (it blew up in week 5 of the backtest), but the indicator reminded me of something I had seen on a thread here on Forex TSD several months ago. I can't remember the name of the indicator which was previously posted here, but it looks very much like the one in the attachment image. The problem with this indicator, is that it can repaint up to the last 4 bars, making it inaccurate for generating trading signals.

Does anyone have anything similar, that is stable and dosen't repaint?

Regards

Designmax

Forex Freedom indicator and several others (Heiken Ashi bars) do the bar routine, but they also repaint several bars back. I wish I also would be able to find one that does not repaint. I have searched extensively and not found one that works right for an EA. If you do find one - Test it visually first on short time frame, then please post it. I will make an EA out of it for everybody.

Dave

<<<

hi

try smoothed heiken ashi..just wait till last bar closed

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

Of repainting (again, and I hope for the last time...)

It amazes me how many times the question "does it repaint" was posted and how many times the answer was not "quite the one". Some of the blame goes to my account (since this way how to make a simple multicolor line indicator non-repainting is about 2 years old) but in the beginning I did not want to post it and later I was thinking that there must be someone else that will find it out too since it is so simple in the end.

Oh well. Time has passed, and even with decompilers and even though some of the non-repainting versions were posted in elite section it seems that the question still hangs in the air. To tell the truth, there was one "other" solution by Nikolay Kositsin (his 3color.mqh) but it is fixed to 3 colors, uses 1 unnecessary extra buffer and, frankly, is too complicated for my taste.

Here is a very simple one that DOES NOT REPAINT. I took LSMA as an example how to make non-repainting version (even used vinin's way of calculating LSMA in order to keep it as simple as it is possible) Also used 3 color so it is clear how separate colors are treated.

I just hope that after this post questions like "is it repainting" which are concerning color changes are going to be rare. Let's deal with the essence not the form

Files:
lsma_nrp.gif  14 kb
lsma_nrp.mq4  4 kb

Change indi to no repaint

Hi all,

Could some one change the follow indi to no repaint indi ?

Thks.

"Solar wind" is a part of it

The rest is taken from "FX5 divergence" indicator (made by FX5, and unlike "Solar wind", it is a good indicator) which, among other places, can be found at this link FX5 Divergence - MQL4 Code Base or the newer versions at this one https://www.mql5.com/en/code/7076

Come to think, interesting way this "indicator" is built : take FX5's indicator, patch it with "Solar wind" and call it whatever. Interesting

My advice : forget about it. Download FX5's indicator and use it, this one is not going to lead you anywhere

regards

mladen

ktm450sx:
Hi all,

Could some one change the follow indi to no repaint indi ?

Thks.
Reason: