Repainting indicators - page 11

It does (repaint)

regards

mladen

MKRoxton:
In the attachment I have upload this indicator.

Can you programm a no-repainting-ema-cross-indicator???

mladen:
It does (repaint)

regards

mladen

Hello mladen,

THANKS!

MKRoxton

MKRoxton,

Actually, you do not need to look for ema cross indicator : it is enough to set up a MACD (fastEMAset to 5, slowEMAset to 6 in order to make the same as the EMA cross indicator parameters and set MACD SMA to 1 - like the one on the picture)

Whenever MACD line crosses zero line that is an EMA cross

I think that there are some very good MACD indicators with alerts already posted on TSD, so when you find one you are going to get the non-repainting EMA cross too

The problem is that the EMA cross indicator is looking into future values in order to post "signals" and that way it is "knowing the future" and signals are painted at bars which are preceding the actual bar when the 3 conditions it is testing are met (so it is drawn on a bar when it could not happen - good at hindsight, not good at real time)

regards

mladen

MKRoxton:
Hello mladen,

THANKS!

MKRoxton
Files:
ema_crosses.gif  17 kb

Thanks a lot of!

mladen:
MKRoxton,

Actually, you do not need to look for ema cross indicator : it is enough to set up a MACD (fastEMAset to 5, slowEMAset to 6 in order to make the same as the EMA cross indicator parameters and set MACD SMA to 1 - like the one on the picture)

Whenever MACD line crosses zero line that is an EMA cross

I think that there are some very good MACD indicators with alerts already posted on TSD, so when you find one you are going to get the non-repainting EMA cross too

The problem is that the EMA cross indicator is looking into future values in order to post "signals" and that way it is "knowing the future" and signals are painted at bars which are preceding the actual bar when the 3 conditions it is testing are met (so it is drawn on a bar when it could not happen - good at hindsight, not good at real time)

regards

mladen

mladen,

thanks for fast answer on my question.

Now I will make a trading-system with the ema-cross and the MACD-Indicators togeher.

THANKS!

MKRoxton

Know one here that "wcci patterns" indicator repaints?

Thanks

MKRoxton

Does This Indicator Repaint?

Greetings, can someone tell me if this indicator repaints please? I'm not sure how to check on this.

Files:

Dreamliner:
Greetings, can someone tell me if this indicator repaints please? I'm not sure how to check on this.

Hi Dreamliner,

I use the Strategy Tester to test the indicators for repainting by placing them on a EA with any chart and running it real slow. For most "repainting indicators", you can watch the indicators dance back and forth on the bars at slow speeds.

Hope this helps.

Robert

cosmiclifeform:
Hi Dreamliner,

I use the Strategy Tester to test the indicators for repainting by placing them on a EA with any chart and running it real slow. For most "repainting indicators", you can watch the indicators dance back and forth on the bars at slow speeds.

Hope this helps.

Robert

Thanks Robert, are you able to do so with this indicator? I have no EA for it.

Dreamliner:
Thanks Robert, are you able to do so with this indicator? I have no EA for it.

Dreamliner, the MT4 platform has built-in EA's - Moving Average and MACD Sample, you can use them with any indicator (or use your indicator with any EA's to do this also).

Place the EA's on a chart, click the menu for Strategy Tester, run it...stop it to place your indicator, then re-start and control the speed...and watch the indicator dance!

Good luck and have fun!

Robert

Yes.

Line 89 : if(Buffer1 > Buffer2 && Buffer1[i-1] < Buffer2[i-1])

Line 98 : if(Buffer1 < Buffer2 && Buffer1[i-1] > Buffer2[i-1])

Dreamliner:
Reason: