Repainting indicators - page 7

luxinterior:
The easiest way to test if an indicator repaints is to put it on a 1 minute chart and observe it for a while.

Quicker would be to observe it in the strategy tester ...

FerruFx

Lenka:
may be someone can help me - I need alert on SGMAR - when arrow shows - audible alert and price which was in that time when signal was.

Try this, set 0 for no sound and or price

Files:
sgmar.mq4  3 kb

increase:
Free Forex Signals: Here Get my Hot Forex system: Here

That's kinda offtopic increase,but I downloaded and studied a little your forex system posted on your website(FxOverEasy System)and I want to ask you if it's a good profitable system and what is gains/loss ratio with it?

Thanks,Vlad

FerruFx:
Quicker would be to observe it in the strategy tester ... FerruFx
luxinterior:
The easiest way to test if an indicator repaints is to put it on a 1 minute chart and observe it for a while.

Good Luck

Lux

Thank you two for your answers.

A serious repainter

this indicator, on first glance, u will think u have caught a holy grail (1HR), but it repaints seriously......

Y do coders make repainters like this......

Files:
trend.mq4  4 kb

Repainting is easy to understand,everything that changes the past after bar close repaints...

Hi!

does this indicator repaint?(fisher_m11)

Files:

osaze:
this indicator, on first glance, u will think u have caught a holy grail (1HR), but it repaints seriously...... Y do coders make repainters like this......

'cause coders also have sence of humor

anyway, 4 holly grail you better use Super Signals

p.s. Trend.mq4 (3.2 KB, - are you sure? on tester - ok, but we'll see on real time (or you just 2 lasy and want somebody 2 check it 4 you?

vladv:
That's kinda offtopic increase,but I downloaded and studied a little your forex system posted on your website(FxOverEasy System)and I want to ask you if it's a good profitable system and what is gains/loss ratio with it? Thanks,Vlad

Hi Vlad, yes the forex overeasy is quite good, but has it's limitations, for instance it is good for trending market, but not so good in other conditions, but hey it's free.

It is better than most I have seen and it is well explained and documented.

If you want a profitable system, you should try my new hot system ('plug') not free but showing great results

Repainting: what can you do agaisnt it???

Hi,

what can you do against repainting of indicators? When you do a visual mode backtest of an empty EA and you drop the indicator on the chart, you really see how it performs (repainting or not),

opposed to simply putting it on a live chart (too slow to evaluate repainting). So if you have seen that it does repaint, what can you do against that?

Is there a general rule that you need to follow? Or do you have to go through the code, step by step?

As an example I have attached a Hodrick-Prescott filter, an econometric method to split timeseries in a trend part and a cycle part. I like it a lot,

but only it repaints... How do I clean up this code so I get a "realistic" view of where it will have been on the past bars?

thx for the feedback guys, this forum is great!

Files:
hp.mq4  3 kb
Reason: