SYNERGY Trading Method - page 75

autumnleaves:
Still not working.

I can just repeat John: A clean install of MT4 should help. I think any well known broker's MT4 platform could be OK. I personally used Forex.com's platform (a 4 digits broker) for installing SSA without any issues but again, I do not think it has much of importance.

SSA problems

Tried installing on FXDD. Still not working. I do not see why the choice of broker should be a problem. I have now tried on 3 different terminals. Are you sure that I have all the necessary files? PS. The Journal states that the indicators are loaded successfully.

Troubleshooting SSA

Hi,

Please explain step by step how you install, exactly what you do.

The SSA normalize end - pointed was downloaded more than 200 times. Maybe you are not doing something right.

Installation

Hi John,

Nothing unusual.

Install MT4 terminal

Do update.

Close terminal.

Copy .mq4 files into MT4 experts\indicators folder

Copy the .dll file into MT4 experts\libraries folder

Start MT4

Open chart

Attach indicators to chart.

The indicator windows are there, but no indicator.

Journal says indicators loaded successfully.

hints

1. Do not update

2. Have you unzipped the library before installing it. You have a zipped file, of course a zipped library won't work.

Again

OK, will try with another terminal.

I unzipped the files to be copied to the experts\indicators and experts\include folders.

Thanks,

Failed again

I downloaded a new terminal from FXOpen. Did not do update.

Installed 4 indicator files in experts/indicators and 1 dll file in experts/libraries.

Opened a chart and attached indicators. Indicator windows are open (except for SSA-end pointed), but no indicator appears.

Journal shows all indicators loaded successfully.

I am sure that something is missing. It is not a problem of the terminal or broker. Why does SSA-end pointed not open a window?

autumnleaves:
I downloaded a new terminal from FXOpen. Did not do update.

Installed 4 indicator files in experts/indicators and 1 dll file in experts/libraries.

Opened a chart and attached indicators. Indicator windows are open (except for SSA-end pointed), but no indicator appears.

Journal shows all indicators loaded successfully.

I am sure that something is missing. It is not a problem of the terminal or broker. Why does SSA-end pointed not open a window?

Automnleaves,

SSA-end pointed basically is an indicator for chart window, so it does not open in a separated window. SSA normalized end pointed is an indicator for separated window, so it opens one.

Please check the followings:

- In the indicator properties window the Allow DLL imports checkbox should be checked.

- In Tools -> Options window on Expert Advisors tab the Allow DLL imports checkbox should be checked (see the images attached).

If the indicators are still missing then you must have some other issues, such as SSA dll conflicts with another program or something (I am not a computer expert, sorry). In this case you might try to install the indicators on another machine if it is an option for you.

Regards,

Chrisstoff

Fixed

Thank you very much Christoff. I can' t believe I didn't think of DLL imports. Sometimes the mind gets foggy.

Attached the TDI and have a question. There is no external input for the TSI, even though you can adjust the price line and the base line. Should the TSI period also be included?

Lastly, which indicators are fastest and most suitable for backtesting or optimization in an Expert Advisor?

Thanks,

Autumnleaves,

You are welcome I am happy you finally find the solution.

As for your question regarding Trade Signal Line and backtest, I think John could answer you in merit. I have not tried to optimize this indicator, only use the default settings sometimes. (I do not use it in my live trading actually.)

Cheers,

Chrisstoff

Reason: