SYNERGY Trading Method - page 15

Chris29

Your template in the zip file of post1 is a shortcut.

" Get Your Indicator "

chrisstoff:
You could investigate this volatility indicator...

Regards,

Chrisstoff

Hi Mr.Chrisstoff,

Refer from your chart, it's so nice and great Indicator.

What the indicator that you are using for ARROW ( Red and Green ) ??

Can I get from You Sir' ??

Thank you so much for your kindness.

Best regards,

Paulinge

cochran1:
Adam, one additional thing, I use stochastics to confirm that the 15min is good. If the 4hr trend is going short, I wait for a retrace on the 15min at the 80 level (20 level if 4hr is going long). If this occurs then I take the trade if there is a synergy setup, see attachment. The word file show a downtrend (see 4hr chart) with retraces to the 80 level, you can see that there are synergy setups after the retrace going back in the 4hr tren. (these synergy setups are not that great in this case but this shows what I mean) As for the 4hr trend, I just look for consistant blue or red(usually stairstep pattern). If the 4hr is sideways then I will take the trade in the same direction as the daily trend. Usually if the 4hr is sideways its better just to wait. thx mike

I like that stochastics add to your strategy. I never did think of using that for the pull back entries.

One thing I would like to add is when trading with the 4 hr trend, say if your are long your not getting any signals on the 15 min..then check out the 1 hr trend and you can take signals off of that with the 15 min...The past couple days I have been able to trade the dominate trend of the 4 hr and its pull backs by dropping down to the 1 hr.

Adam

Synergy Indicator

Hi Paulinge,

The requested indicator is SynergyInd.mq4, you can download the latest version of it from post #65 of this thread.

Hope this helps Regards,

Chrisstoff

Paulinge:
Hi Mr.Chrisstoff,

Refer from your chart, it's so nice and great Indicator.

What the indicator that you are using for ARROW ( Red and Green ) ??

Can I get from You Sir' ??

Thank you so much for your kindness.

Best regards,

Paulinge

et_phonehome_2:
Chris29 Your template in the zip file of post1 is a shortcut.

Sorry, mistake corrected ...

EA is Killing my machine!!

Derk,

First of all I would like to thank you for the effort you have put in to creating this EA. I strongly believe that this methodology has huge merit in generating a large amount of net positive pips. Now we just have to get an EA that can do what we need it to do.

Currently, when I have the EA attached to 6 different pairs, it virtually brings my machine to a stand-still. Should I only be using it on one pair per instance perhaps? Don't know what is causing this, and I hope you are able to come up with at solution.

Another thing. Does the EA send out alarms when it sees a trading opportunity? If it does, could we make it so that it asks for a manual confirmation?

Also, I hope that you are able to experiment with some of what is being suggested here with the use of Stochastics and checking the 4H trend etc....

Thanks again!

Pip Dr.

SupRes looks familiar, will search my indicators.

MA_in_Color_wAppliedPrice I have and am attaching.

Robert

DerkWehler:
No source code?

Just finished reading this thread.

There can be a problem when using ex4 version of an indicator that was compiled with a different MT4 build. This is also true of ex4 EAs.

I have had several indicators cause similar problems. When I finally obtained the source code and compiled on the same build the problem went away.

I will be looking at the problem of indicator load/unload as well.

Robert

rondo:
Derk, It finally crash my computer. Well, I am using Build 206. I experimented with it and I find that TDI & EA will crash MT4 everytime. I think when I run EA without any indicator, it seems to be ok, not confirm yet. Memory returns after I kill MT4. But another time, memory kept on creeping up even I killed the MT4 terminal so it crash my computer. I reboot my computer and did not bother to test it again until I hear from you. What Build are you running? Could the different version of TDI, Synergy Ind giving me problem. How many custom indicator does EA need?

The biggest problem I have is that the arrow will appear to long/short when the conditions are met. Sometimes those candles are a large move that it makes me wary to enter for fear it may reverse. Does anyone have any recommendations to confirm entry?

Chris29:
Derk, how can I turn off this option? I want the EA to buy only when the first "Buy Signal" appears. No adding buys allowed ...

Set MaxScaleIns to zero.

Reason: