MQL4 Learning - page 37

Hi,

Error table error for MQL4: Error codes - MQL4 Documentation

ERR_INVALID_STOPS130Invalid stops.

Thanks! I am testing with several modifications/additions to my EA now. It worked with North Finance and Interbankfx, but did not work with the new brokerage firm that North Finance is promoting now - FXpro.com. They have some great features and are faster and are Euro regulated, and they went to a fifth decimal place on some currencies. I suspect Fxpro's MT4 platform has had modifications to it to support the additional decimal place, consequently as I transferred over my reliable EA's to their platform, they no longer would work. The error 130 was what I was getting.

Dave

I give up with FXPro's demo accounts. No matter what I do to enhance or fix the stoploss in my EA that works perfectly on other brokerage firms platform - It still gives me the same #130 error. I give up!!

Dave

build my own moving average

Hi

I'd like to know how to build my own moving average with the average of 4 indicators.

double ma = iMA(NULL, 0, 14, 0, MODE_EMA, PRICE_CLOSE,Current + 0);

double ma_m15 = iMA(NULL, PERIOD_M15, 14, 0, MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE, Current + 0);

double ma_m30 = iMA(NULL, PERIOD_M30, 14, 0, MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE, Current + 0);

double ma_m60 = iMA(NULL, PERIOD_H1, 14, 0, MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE, Current + 0);

double var1 = ma , var2 = ma_m15 , var3 = ma_m30 , var4=ma_m60 ;

double var_myMA = (var1 + var2 + var3 + var4)/4;

How can I draw var_myMA in the main window? I don't know how to use ObjectCreate()

Best regards

Hi,

Take a look at this thread. You also could use the Moving Average indcaitor code as example, or the MACD code and so on.

SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_LINE);

SetIndexBuffer(0,var_myMA);

I highly recommend you to read this section: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

Trade multiple currencies in one EA

Hi,

I just have a quick question. How do you trade multiple currencies with one EA so the statement has all of the currencies included. Right now I have to trade my EA on one currency at a time, and I want to see how the EA would perform on multiple currencies at the same time. This would make it a lot easer to see how the EA would perform on all currencies during a back test.

Thanks for your time!

dan5767:
Hi,

I just have a quick question. How do you trade multiple currencies with one EA so the statement has all of the currencies included. Right now I have to trade my EA on one currency at a time, and I want to see how the EA would perform on multiple currencies at the same time. This would make it a lot easer to see how the EA would perform on all currencies during a back test.

Thanks for your time!

You CAN trade multiple currencies with one EA. You CAN NOT back test multiple currencies using one EA in the back tester.

MANSTIR:
thanks MiniMe for ya prompt reply; heres i attach example of the ea...

see the private message please

it would be easier to post the whole code , as the one you post doesn't compile

here is my comments

1- first you need to check OrderIsOpen=0 or 1 before you enter the loop , i think that is done by calling Mytotal() at start then set OrderIsOpen to 0 if Mytotal==0 and set OrderIsOpen to 1 if Mytotal==1

2- you don't need to keep using return(0) in the main code that would terminate the code

3- I am not able to compile the code as its missing the main function but I guess if you take care of the above points you should be ok

thanks MiniMe for ya prompt reply;

heres i attach example of the ea...

Reason: