MQL4 Learning - page 31

MANSTIR:
thats mean i need to delete the '800', right?

That's what I mean

Devil2000:
That's what I mean

thanks devil2000 for ya help, i try to delete only 800 but its wont work too

i try backtest and the result are same as before...

MANSTIR:
thanks devil2000 for ya help, i try to delete only 800 but its wont work too i try backtest and the result are same as before...

Is there any error message on your journal?

What are the "TrailingStops" and "Pips" default value?

Close partial position?

Hi, this is my first post here, and I'm a MetaTrader newbie, so, if I ask a dumb question, sorry. I've looked through some of the newbie materials, and haven't yet found an answer to what should hopefully be a trivial question: how do you close part of a position?

If I right-click on a position, it has things like close or modify. And modify allows me to change stop and limit. But, I don't see it having an option to change the number of lots I have.

So, I figured maybe if I put in a reverse order, like put in a sell order if I was going long or vise-versa. What I got in that case was two open positions, one long and one short for the same pair!

I'm at FXDD if that makes any difference. Thanks.

Scripts actually work?

Another stupid newbie question, I'm sure. I've read through Coderguru's MQL4 tutorial. He has a sample advisor and a sample indicator. Didn't have much about scripts. But, MetaTrader came with a few scripts. Like, "trade". I attempt to run it, and I get a prompt that asks me if I'm sure I want to buy the pair. I say yes, and nothing happens. Or, I run "close". It asks me if I want to attach "close" to my chart. I say yes, and nothing happens. I attached it to a chart of an open position, so, I would think that it should have closed that position.

Which brings me to another question. Scripts seem to "attach" to charts. I was wondering if there was capability to "attach" to a position? Like, in my post of a minute ago, I asked how to close half a position. Although I'm sure there must be an easy way to do it without needing a script, but, if I wanted a script, would there be a way that I could click on a position that I have, tell it to run a "close_half" script and have it close half of the position?

I'm at FXDD if that is of any relevance. Again, sorry for newbie question.

Devil2000:
Is there any error message on your journal? What are the "TrailingStops" and "Pips" default value?

my trailing stop is 10pips and pips value is 15

Still hoping to find answers to my newbie questions on bottom of page 2 of this thread. Thanks for any help.

P.S. I had posted those two posts as separate threads. But the admin moved them here. The first one, about closing half a position really doesn't belong here. I was asking how to do it just using the menus, so its not a programming question. I did also ask how to do it programatically, but, for the moment, I'd be just happy if I could do it manually. Its gotta be simple, and I must be a moron for not being able to figure it out.

do anyone here have source code for spread filter?

MANSTIR:
do anyone here have source code for spread filter?

if ((Ask - Bid) / Point >= ThresholdValue)

{

//Your code here...

}

MQL question

Hi all,

How can I get the higher/lower price for a symbol between 2 specific times?

Example: I want to get the EURUSD higher price between the 1.1.2008 00:00 until the 1.2.2008 00:00.

How can I do that ?

Thanks !

Reason: