Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 37

alexw:
Bear you need this zigzag-pointer.ex4 Alex

Hey Alex,

Thanks for trying but it still does not work. I see people making it work, I wonder what I m doing wrong?

Bear-

Hi Dave, sent you a PM

I sent you a PM with what you asked for.

And here is the link for others that may want to use the RSI-Alert also. It really has been helpful for me. I just turn off the alert after the first alert with another template so set, otherwise it will be an annoyance. I wish it were set to sound only so long.

RSI ALERT, get it here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

Thanks,

ut2DaMax

1Dave7:
Could I get you to post the RSI-Alert. Out of the many indicators I have, I do not have this one. This would help me catch a move - I suspect. Thanks in Advance! I will use it on the 4 Hr or 1 Hr as an early alert for the daily.

Dave

<<<

remember guys that big bear mentioned before the system is not 100% winning. Money management is the key. Zigzag tries to catch the top and bottom, and of course a long trend will be screwing up the zigzag when the market kept trying new low. Perhaps after the 1st stop loss, whether will you reenter again is up to you, i am testing too. I choosed eur/jpy yesterday and was lucky to break even because i move my stop when the market rebounded. Lets hope no more dropping.

Listen to cmartin, forex11 andyan7181. No method wins 100%, bear and fx11 use candle stick patterns and their experience to judge trades, and anti hedge might come in handy here. I'd myself use Heiken Ashi candles. On GU there hasn't been a bullish candle since monday on the hourly, not to mention the 4h or daily. I'm short on daily and at the moment of writing, over 600 pips on cable.

confused...

Hi there. I am a newbie here, been reading the posts and need your help. I am getting somewhat confused (even with the simplicity of this strategy) with so many indicators mentioned in this thread. So far I am only using the non lagging zig zag v2 and the zig zag pointer alert on the 4H time frame. 80% of my trades are losses. I have noticed that the pointer has moved from one candle to the next, giving me an alert each time, but resulting in consecutive losses. Does this refer to the repainting issue (what exactly does this mean)? What about the filters? How well do they work?

Thanks in advance for any help.

jose.

i would like to add abit, just my opinion, zigzag is good when the market is ranging, it will catch the top and bottom and it generates great results, but if the market falls or rises for consecutive days, it will hurt this system, because you kept buying or selling. There is no way to prevent it unless you have strong discipline or self control. Like big bear, he used this method for 2 years, so he can somehow predict whether the signal is genuine or profitable, the choosing of signals will be a good topic now as how are we gonna filter out these signals? Add in a good filter will avoid losses, but at the same time, you might get in late, or miss some good profits, as the result, you earn less. You choose not to filter, you might have more trades, more profits, like jtre, but when the strong move comes in, you will have alot of stop loss. But overall, are you making?If yes,this is a good system. Right now, i am searching for filter or idea how to make this works. Good luck guys.

jgarcia12:
Hi there. I am a newbie here, been reading the posts and need your help. I am getting somewhat confused (even with the simplicity of this strategy) with so many indicators mentioned in this thread. So far I am only using the non lagging zig zag v2 and the zig zag pointer alert on the 4H time frame. 80% of my trades are losses. I have noticed that the pointer has moved from one candle to the next, giving me an alert each time, but resulting in consecutive losses. Does this refer to the repainting issue (what exactly does this mean)? What about the filters? How well do they work?

Thanks in advance for any help.

jose.

are you filipino?

yan7181:
i would like to add abit, just my opinion, zigzag is good when the market is ranging, it will catch the top and bottom and it generates great results, but if the market falls or rises for consecutive days, it will hurt this system, because you kept buying or selling. There is no way to prevent it unless you have strong discipline or self control. Like big bear, he used this method for 2 years, so he can somehow predict whether the signal is genuine or profitable, the choosing of signals will be a good topic now as how are we gonna filter out these signals? Add in a good filter will avoid losses, but at the same time, you might get in late, or miss some good profits, as the result, you earn less. You choose not to filter, you might have more trades, more profits, like jtre, but when the strong move comes in, you will have alot of stop loss. But overall, are you making?If yes,this is a good system. Right now, i am searching for filter or idea how to make this works. Good luck guys.

yes. a good filter mght help. but in the end, even if we cutloss, our overall wins will out do out losses.

bigbear3391:
Hey Alex,

Thanks for trying but it still does not work. I see people making it work, I wonder what I m doing wrong?

Bear-

You have to place this indicator in your experts/indicators folder and restart the MT4 terminal.

BTW: How are you doing with manual trading for the last 2 days? The EA is not doing so well, but I see that manual trades are also having losses.

Here is the statement for EA trades since Sunday (the winning trades are from another EA ).

nix:
You have to place this indicatorin your experts/indicators folder and restart the MT4 terminal.

BTW: How are you doing with manual trading for the last 2 days? The EA is not doing so well, but I see that manual trades are also having losses.

Here is the statement for EA trades since Sunday (the winning trades are from another EA ).

nix, what indicator is that...i already put all the indicator but still no trade open order

Reason: