Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 34

SIMBA:
It was posted by Hexadecimal a few posts ago...Please find it here

TQ Simba...

SIMBA:
BASICALLY:Visual backtesting of a repainting mtf indicator is misleading when used in tfs different than the one the indicator is presetted at..you only see the last repaint,the complete one,all the intermediate ones are not even hinted at..Try it,do a visual test on H1 tf,the indicator was "forced" at H1,then compare with what you get at M30..Then ask yourself..Where are all the missing signals?..At our broker`s pockets maybe ?

As today after run in actual data feed I can see what do you mean.

nix:
I've added the ZIG-ZAGY indicator as an optional signal confirmation.

Simply set useZigZagyConfirmation = true

I've also added an optional delay to the entry signal. The EA can now be set to use the signal which is indicated several bars backward. By default the EA uses SignalBarsBack = 3 - the EA makes a trade if a signal exists 3 bars before the current bar (this may help filter our temporary invalid signals.)

For example:

SignalBarsBack=1 gives 3 false entry signals and 1 good signal:

SignalBarsBack=3 filters out the 3 false signals:

Did u put in some indicator like PrevDayFloatingPivot_HLC? No trades i get, but only this wrote me. If yes, plese, post it here. Tx

hany mohssen:
So Did u enter Plauski

Did you see how much repaint about 3 candles?

could you help me how could i determine the right signal?

Cheers

yup i entered during the next candle. the signal came when there was bad news for gbp i was tempted to buy but i would run the risk of getting a high price so i waited for the next h4 candle so i could get a price. its worht the wait coz the system can make a lot of pips so even if i lose some, its ok to wait. and it paid off...

but as for big bear's entry, he enters when the signal comes out. i just waited for the next candle just to confirm coz the arrow had a repaint 3 times while gbp was dropping even at h4.

Files:
aug13.jpg  190 kb

mpower:
Actually, don't know how to add gross priod to NN ZZ because it has the ma built in it. Anyways, here is a good template

ZUP is using the new nen zig zag, blue dots are 4H signals, yellow dots are 1H signals, put it on 1H chart. That is all. We will see how this works when the market opens.

Have a great week everyone!!!!

I copied your template but nothing shows on the graph. I have the nonlagzigzag_V2 indicator in my indicator folder. What am I lacking??

Dave

<<<

basza:
Just thourght I would check the charts before heading to bed (11pm here ).

I see that the first ea nix posted has opened two trades.

Trade 1: 4hr chart gbp/usd opened at 2.0144 buy

Trade 2: 4hr chart nzd/usd opened at 0.7401 buy

This will be interesting as these are the first trades it has opened today. Will let you know the resuts when I wake up tomorrow.

Update: After 9 hours both trades are still running.

Trade 1: -$22.00 ( 0.1 lots )

Trade 2: -$4.00 (0.1 lots )

Will update again later today.

the nonlagzigzag v2 can be a good indicator of 1 2 3 patterns that can be traded also. just be aware.

Like this mornings break lower was a great 123 pattern. Just gives you one more Idea of what to watch for while waiting on good FTC setups.

check out the Fratal thread that just opened

lol

Decent Trade

I got a 50 pip trade on the gbp/usd today. I closed it out because the market seems to be undicided on which way it wants to go right now. I might of got out premature, but I can at least say I have 1 for 1 so far this week.

I was going to get in the eur/usd but I feel unassure about it right now.

Also I did get in the usd/chf trade. we will see where it will go. But the market is going sideways right now so it is hard to tell anything as of yet.

I may have missed it, but with so many indicators now posted on this thread I can't find the Zig Zag pointer that has the alert function. Can any one point me in the right direction? Thanks

Reason: