Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 30

alert

ZZ with alert

Files:

Ruparaw

ruparaw:
Hi Simba, before we go and test it on life data feed tomorrow, how was the mq4 looks alike, it is you found something restricted to only 1hr tf ???...I am kind of feeling time move very slow to wait monday

Hi,

the mq4 can be restricted to any tf you deem optimal and then applied to another tf.. you can check in the code

extern int ForcedZigTime=60;

Additionally there is this piece of code that makes me wonder ,I am not a coder,so,somebody here could probably explain what its purpose might be

if(Time>=daytimes[0]) bigshift=0;

else

{

bigshift = ArrayBsearch(daytimes,Time,WHOLE_ARRAY,0,MODE_DESCEND);

if(Period()<=ForcedZigTime) bigshift++;

Let`s see what happens on Monday with demo-live datafeed ..take care

Despite the fact many people are trying to use additional indicators / filters thus enabling us to discard false signals, the bottom line is this: The system, as presented by Bear, i.e. taking the trade at the immediate similtaneous emergence of both pointer and ZZ, placing stop just beneath current candle, and taking profit at next ZZ and/or pointer, on G/Y and E/Y H4 - is indeed a profitable system. Although I made a lot of pips with H1 this past week, I did encounter a few repainting signals. On H4, there is less repainting, hence the system is more accurate. H4 is now my preferred timeframe.

It goes without saying good money management is essential, since without this, a string of consecutive losing trades (which WILL happen eventually), shall really hurt.

Overall, I am pleased with this method, and will continue to play by Bear's original rules, nothing else. I have never made so many pips in a single week.

Bear, may I ask please - have you ever had a losing month with this system? And if so, by how many pips?

Thanks.

FXG

One more thing off topic for Droesparky: My template includes two stochastics in one window (hence "double stochastics"), but I only use the longer one , and completely removed the 5,3,3 from this method.

SIMBA:
Hi,

the mq4 can be restricted to any tf you deem optimal and then applied to another tf.. you can check in the code

extern int ForcedZigTime=60;

Additionally there is this piece of code that makes me wonder ,I am not a coder,so,somebody here could probably explain what its purpose might be

if(Time>=daytimes[0]) bigshift=0;

else

{

bigshift = ArrayBsearch(daytimes,Time,WHOLE_ARRAY,0,MODE_DESCEND);

if(Period()<=ForcedZigTime) bigshift++;

Let`s see what happens on Monday with demo-live datafeed ..take care

ermmmm!!! unfortunatly I do not have mq4, apreciate if you can copy it to me to play around with the code.

Achieve1997:
ZZ with alert

thanks for the pointer with alert...sweet. I'm assuming one has to comment out some code to turn off the alarm right?

anyway nice job i look forward to what this week will bring

ZUP_v60

BigBear,

Congratulations for your idea!!!! Zig Zags can be traded profitably, I use them in my trading successfully. Just wanted to post the one that I use. Got this from a Russian forum, although I think it is available somewhere on this forum(this particular version I mean.) I am also posting my template. I think this will work very well with the nonlag zz. You should guys try it. It will give less false signals. You can use 4H for entry and 1H for exit with minimal drawdown. I will try it this week and let you know. Any filters to this system will be useless IMO, because indicators generally lag, so by the time they confirm the "bouncing pip" signal the stop will be too big, and the potential good reward-risk ratio will not be there anymore....

P.S. I will post the template later, I will try to add "Gross Period" to the NL ZZ so that you can view the 1H and 4H on smaller timeframes.

Files:
zup_v60.rar  36 kb

template

Actually, don't know how to add gross priod to NN ZZ because it has the ma built in it. Anyways, here is a good template

ZUP is using the new nen zig zag, blue dots are 4H signals, yellow dots are 1H signals, put it on 1H chart. That is all. We will see how this works when the market opens.

Have a great week everyone!!!!

Files:

ruparaw

ruparaw:
ermmmm!!! unfortunatly I do not have mq4, apreciate if you can copy it to me to play around with the code.

It was posted by Hexadecimal a few posts ago...Please find it here

Files:

Latest: ZUP_v67

I find this on my indicators folder. Latest version, I think

Files:
zup_v67.rar  39 kb
Reason: