**Steinitz** Method Revealed Here - page 69

Blutonian trial comparison!

WOW!! Bluto......the new indicator appears to be coming together with impressive results. I note that this latest version is not only signalling a potential entry earlier than the HAS, but the exit earlier also, whereas the first (basic) version was occasionally producing some quite late exits.

In fact in the screenshot you have posted, your blutonian is signalling potential entries on the M15 TF from 1 bar to as high as 5 bars earlier than the HAS, which is a very considerable difference. Looking at the position on the charts, these signals are valid signals (not saying that they are all valid entries/exits).

The only ones that are questionable and appear totally out of sync are the 3 cosecutive red dots (signalling a potential short) that appear in the middle of an obvious long trend at approx 08:45 on 27 Apr?? Any idea what may account for this?

Keep up the good work, as it is really coming together and thanks once again for sharing and regularly posting your progress.

johnny

yorkyjohnny:
WOW!! Bluto......the new indicator appears to be coming together with impressive results. I note that this latest version is not only signalling a potential entry earlier than the HAS, but the exit earlier also, whereas the first (basic) version was occasionally producing some quite late exits.

In fact in the screenshot you have posted, your blutonian is signalling potential entries on the M15 TF from 1 bar to as high as 5 bars earlier than the HAS, which is a very considerable difference. Looking at the position on the charts, these signals are valid signals (not saying that they are all valid entries/exits).

The only ones that are questionable and appear totally out of sync are the 3 cosecutive red dots (signalling a potential short) that appear in the middle of an obvious long trend at approx 08:45 on 27 Apr?? Any idea what may account for this?

Keep up the good work, as it is really coming together and thanks once again for sharing and regularly posting your progress.

johnny

The 3 dots you're talking about were caused by a brief pause in momentum/slight pullback right after that big blastoff bar. An unfortunate anomaly with the sensitivity of the indicators, but then that's where corroboration between the M15 & M30 bars pays off.

I'm going to go away with this stuff now because I don't want to hijack Steinitz' thread, but I'll surface somewhere later on with a final set of indicators and an EA.

daraknor:
A more complete explanation or references to other resources would help people successfully adopt your 'no stoploss' strategy. I prefer knowing in advance what my stops are, knowing what my losses are but that just fits my temperament.

let's try to have some sense of proportion about this no stop loss thing.. by now we are aware that a trade is only as good as its exit....a stop loss is just that, a pre-determined exit....that bit about paying dues in advance, let's leave that to the tax man ya..lol....a poor stop loss is the same as a poor exit.

one of the methodologies i use also does not apply initial stops but that doesn't mean i risk a blown out account every time i trade...as pointed out, this HAS method is a glorified ma cross thing...so if you are wrong with a trade, a reversal cross would appear soon enough and you simply reverse the trade, there, that's your exit and entry at the same time...

even for methods that i have stops, i do not put them on the same broker platform...this way i believe i've taken away some of the 'edge' the broker has over me...because if they can't see my stops, they can't hunt...lol...

blue_seraphim:
let's try to have some sense of proportion about this no stop loss thing.. by now we are aware that a trade is only as good as its exit....a stop loss is just that, a pre-determined exit....that bit about paying dues in advance, let's leave that to the tax man ya..lol....a poor stop loss is the same as a poor exit.

one of the methodologies i use also does not apply initial stops but that doesn't mean i risk a blown out account every time i trade...as pointed out, this HAS method is a glorified ma cross thing...so if you are wrong with a trade, a reversal cross would appear soon enough and you simply reverse the trade, there, that's your exit and entry at the same time...

even for methods that i have stops, i do not put them on the same broker platform...this way i believe i've taken away some of the 'edge' the broker has over me...because if they can't see my stops, they can't hunt...lol...

I have a theory about stop hunting. If your broker was stop hunting that meant that he had to artificaially move price. But if that was true the other side of that spike would payoff another trader equally well.

Would a broker look at his book and decide if the positions were balanced enough in one direction to spike the price?

Man this sounds like paranoia deep destroya.....

Bluto and his indicator

I made a remark earlier that people will always look for a better method no matter how good one is staring them in the face. People are fickle and I can prove it.

Bluto comes along and posts his new and improved indicator and many are looking to flock to this since "its new". I love Bluto and he is obviously an intelligent and proven programmer. But what I pointed out earlier is coming into fruition just hours after I posted my observation on human nature.

Anybody can alter the sensitivity on an indicator and you will have changes that in some instances looks like the HG (I won't spell it out since it is misused so often) but other times it fails miserably.

So guys and gals please stick with one method. I don't care if its mine, his or your neighbors. But learn how it reacts and memorize patterns. You will be rewarded for your efforts.

Look at the images of "Blutos" indicator and tell me what's wrong with this picture?

Files:
123.gif  33 kb
456.gif  31 kb
789.gif  31 kb

10th currency pair

Steinitz - thanks for posting the screen shot of the currency pairs that u trade - post 695. What is the 10th one on the right of the screen starting CH(F)?

Thanks

template for HAS

I have been asked for my template in a PM but can't see quickly how to upload it so its here. Nothing different just the HA alert and 2 Indicators.

Files:
has.tpl  4 kb

HAS System

I noted a couple of posts in the last 4/5 pages that prompted me to note this.

Whilst reading the entire thread may be very therapeutic for some I would guess that over 50% of the posts have nothing to do with the "System" but more to do with issues about setting it up.

Before I move on let me state that I am positive about this system just in case any negativity gets misunderstood.

I have read the entire thread and the HAS pt1 and HAS pt2 documents and and about as much other stuff as I can. First off its a simple system and shouldn't be difficult to understand. The difficulty is in getting all of the relevant information succinctly defined in one place.

The thread by its very nature repeats itself and is interspersed with random non related posts. The HAS documents are again very similar and give a great amount of detail but again don't hit the spot like an organised book. Now before someone jumps on me, what I suggest is that the rules and setups are defined clearly for each strategy i.e. Trend and Scalping in a word document that is posted on the front of this forum and we should make sggestions for amendments, just like a systems specification would be.

Just because someone comes in late, as I aslo did, shouldn't mean that they have to pay some penalty to join e.g. "read all the posts"

I am not sure if I can or if anyone wants me to contribute as I am still learning about HAS, but I will certainly do what I can.

Looking at some of the recent posts about indicators and timeframes etc perm any 100,000 form 100,000 and you will get what you require. The secret of this system is not in the indicators nor the settings but in the METHOD of application and discipline that it brings to the trading game.

A bit of a ramble but just my penny worth.

Data

One of the other things I have noticed is that if you reboot your MT4 system then you need sometimes to make sure that sufficient back data has been read to allow the indicators to make thier calculations. just hold the PgUp key down and it will make the screen go backwards and read the historical data. Turn Auto Scroll off first.

Alerts

Sorry just one last post. can we have an alert that looks at the last completed bar rather than the current one. I don't know if this has been done and I have just missed the post. thanks

Reason: