Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 26

attn:Hexadecimal

1-I have tested the zigzaggy on GBPUSDM30,visual backtest,not a single repaint,none of the signals you see have been repainted nor moved..self explanatory..Not the Holy Grail,but near

2-This looks too good to be true,if you use it in your trading you must be a billionaire and a generous soul for sharing..is there any trick?I don`t think so,but I would like to test it live on Monday,and see what happens with live datafeed..EDIT:INDEED TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE,IT REPAINTS ON ORIGINAL CODED TF(H1),APPARENTLY THE BACKTESTER DOESN`T DETECT IT ON DIFFERENT TFs,SO IS VISUALLY MISLEADING

Hexadecimal,thanks a lot for sharing it,and,if you can,please post the mq4,it will,for sure facilitate the work of Nix or anybody else that wants to code an EA

Files:
zaggy2.gif  19 kb

Thanks for your efforts Simba I thought it was too good to be true when you said it was close to the Grail

It will be interesting to see how it does in live trading. Hurry up Monday

If you put the zig zag line on the chart and only take the signals when the round circle meets the line as per bears system you really have found the Grail, i'm sure there is a catch, (there always is!!!!!)

Reality Check

Just look at the 2 pics for USDJPY,same period,same tf..one is what the zigzaggy indicator looks like when you post it on a chart..the other one is what you would have gotten in reality....SELF EXPLANATORY

Want to go to the beach..have a nice week-end

Files:

Could Be Good

Hi Simba - actually you got me to thinking. I have seen other indicators that work well on smaller time frames because the M5 to M15 is needed to calculate the appropriate points and slopes for the larger time frames. So I dropped this into visual M15 and have been studying for the last couple of hours. I would mark the point when the zig zagy gave first signal, then placed crosshairs at the point where the Non lag ZZ showed up. I have only been through a dozen trades so far and they have all been winners. Meaning if you went +30 pips and placed a BE+5 pip stop you were either stopped out BE+5 or went till the opposite signal which resulted in 30-500 pips each.

This could easily be a lucky timeframe I am testing. Nowhere near enough trades to say for sure. But I will be testing further.

Currency: GJ M15 June 2007

Easy Way To Test

The easy way to test is to let the visual run fast at speed = 31 - 32 and mark the approximate time for when the zig zagy and NLZZ line show up. Then go back and restart the test and run the visual slowly at the point where you know the signals will show, then once you have both signals place a vertical and horizontal line at price and time then continue running till your next signal. Until we have EA's testing this is the quickest way I am aware of. If this shows promise several testers could take different pairs and different months to arrive at a complete backtest worthy of study.

hello

why not to make this ea lookong for arrows only zigzag pointer on 4hr tf with this setting extern int ExtDepth=45;

extern int ExtDeviation=75;

extern int ExtBackstep=15; iv,not got any false signal

Zig zag pointer

Don't mean to be rude, but the ea with the ZZ pointer will get killed. You can run an ea in visual mode 4H timeframe, beginning of July for ex. gbp/usd, just put the ZZ on the chart with those settings and you will see what I mean. Of course, you can optimize the settings, but I doubt it that the ZZ alone will make a profitable EA. Just my 2 cents...

SIMBA:
Just look at the 2 pics for USDJPY,same period,same tf..one is what the zigzaggy indicator looks like when you post it on a chart..the other one is what you would have gotten in reality....SELF EXPLANATORY Want to go to the beach..have a nice week-end

Hm Very colorful

I don't know why but here the picture is different. Here is my USD/JPY CHART.

I`m also attaching the original mq4 file and the saved template from my chart. And after all i`m really satisfied from this zigzag indicator.

cheers

Files:
screen.gif  13 kb
zig_zag2.tpl  1 kb

Zoom

Zoom-In your chart, and it will be same

hello

mpower:
Don't mean to be rude, but the ea with the ZZ pointer will get killed. You can run an ea in visual mode 4H timeframe, beginning of July for ex. gbp/usd, just put the ZZ on the chart with those settings and you will see what I mean. Of course, you can optimize the settings, but I doubt it that the ZZ alone will make a profitable EA. Just my 2 cents...

i would be add this silver trend signal,i like it godd entry/exite point additional withy zzpointer

Files:
Reason: