The Only Pivot - page 264

TimeFreedom

Do you maintain any spreadsheet which tracks the date of all your trades which are stopped out? If you have it, can you share it since I want to do some backtesting using other methods to try to filter out the bad trades.

Even using a 150 PIP S/L is too much for me....

I don't have a spreadsheet with the losses, but I can send you a statement for '08 YTD? I don't use 150 pip stop per say. I use 2 lots each with 75 pip stops.

TimeFreedom

et_phonehome_2:
TimeFreedom

Do you maintain any spreadsheet which tracks the date of all your trades which are stopped out? If you have it, can you share it since I want to do some backtesting using other methods to try to filter out the bad trades.

Even using a 150 PIP S/L is too much for me....

TimeFreedom:
I don't have a spreadsheet with the losses, but I can send you a statement for '08 YTD? I don't use 150 pip stop per say. I use 2 lots each with 75 pip stops. TimeFreedom

TimeFreedom

Sending a statement for '08 YTD will be fine also. I wil PM you with my email address .

Thanks

ET

We had a short signal and I am short @ 198.49. I have already closed 1 lot, 0.10, for +50 pips. Lets see what the second lot, 0.10, will bring. Either +1, +50, or +110 additional pips.

TimeFreedom

We had a buy signal and I got long @ 200.43 and closed out for +160 pips. The second lot on the previous short closed +1 pip. Getting some of those lost pips today with a total of +211 pips for the day.

TimeFreedom

TimeFreedom:
We had a short signal and I am short @ 198.49. I have already closed 1 lot, 0.10, for +50 pips. Lets see what the second lot, 0.10, will bring. Either +1, +50, or +110 additional pips. TimeFreedom

We have a sell signal and I am short @ 199.46.

TimeFreedom

We have a buy signal and I am long @ 200.16. Short trade was stopped out for -150 pips.

TimeFreedom

TimeFreedom:
We have a sell signal and I am short @ 199.46. TimeFreedom

Buy trade stopped out for another -150 pips. We had a short signal which was also stopped out for -150 pips. -450 pips for the day.

Note: Usually I will stop the EA after two consecutive losses, but one must sleep. Not a good Month, but I am still confidence in the system.

TimeFreedom:
We have a buy signal and I am long @ 200.16. Short trade was stopped out for -150 pips. TimeFreedom

TF,

I'm really impressed with your MTP program. Looks like a great tool for the manual traders on whatever strategy they are testing. I think the hardest part of manual trading is the need to sleep, so this tool might give some relief to those not using an EA to trade.

Is there any way to modify the MTP to be semi-automatic? Like using a chandelier stop on the 2nd unit after the 1st unit has hit its target. Or like using a dynamic target tp instead of a static one, like x pips from moving average.

Don't you think to follow the results of other versions, like the buffer filter and the weekly filter ?

Does someone look at these ?

Reason: