The Only Pivot - page 229

same as you..

TimeFreedom:
I use IBFX broker. Which broker do you use? TimeFreedom

I also used IBFX...usually my EA goes along with yours but not today...

Trend Identification

Guys

The Trend is up, how could the EA take a short?

That is crazy!!!

Spy

EA closed the short trade for -88 pips and opened a reversal buy trade @ 211.45.

TimeFreedom

TimeFreedom:
We have a sell signal and I am short @ 211.01 using David's EA v1.7.

FYI: I have done some preliminary backtests with W1F and Original strategy and it looks like the Original is the winner hands down. I need to do a visual backtest to confirm the trades before we scrap W1F.

Note: You will notice that I have added links to important files, indicators, templates, etc... on my signature for the convenience of all OnlyPivot traders. Let's all thank DeeForex for the great idea. Thanks DeeForex!

TimeFreedom

I am using the preset settings. Also, not using the brain filter. I did not get those trades you indicated. I had two trades on the gbp/usd today and the first was a winner The 2nd is running now at +20 pips

TimeFreedom:
EA closed the short trade for -88 pips and opened a reversal buy trade @ 211.45. TimeFreedom

Mr TF n Mr David...

Mr Tf n Mr David..

Sir, am I still in the right lane?...my EA 1_7 opened buy at 211.10 n 2nd one 211.11...

regards

9w2ymz

Which preset are you using? And which strat., WF1, BF, or Original?

Note: I suggest we stick to G/J questions only, to keep the already complicated thread less complicated.

TimeFreedom

azjeff:
I am using the preset settings. Also, not using the brain filter. I did not get those trades you indicated. I had two trades on the gbp/usd today and the first was a winner The 2nd is running now at +20 pips

Using the preset to use W1F as filter from your post 2248. weekly=false. I just got a trade on the gbp/jpy pair 5-10 minutes ago. Down 12 pips right now.

TimeFreedom:
Which preset are you using? And which strat., WF1, BF, or Original?

Note: I suggest we stick to G/J questions only, to keep the already complicated thread less complicated.

TimeFreedom

I got a sell trade on the 1:00 bar and a buy trade on the 2:00 bar. Not sure why you just got a buy trade 5-10 minutes ago.

TimeFreedom

azjeff:
Using the preset to use W1F as filter from your post 2248. weekly=false. I just got a trade on the gbp/jpy pair 5-10 minutes ago. Down 12 pips right now.

Thank You for sharing EW Trend Indy. Actually I give up with my manual TA a year ago for Forex. but Automatic drawing by this Indy is help full. I might try for break out the EW point (see the pic) and I believe it worth up to 100 pips by breaking the EA points. But the break out line must be shifted every time GU make a new point. Let see how it will go...

spymez:
Good Day Gentlemen...

I hope we all gathered some nice pips yesterday!

I have been trying different indicators for filtering purposes.

The Big Red "Semafore" as it is called, on this chart may be useful in indentifying the correct side of the trend. According to the developer (asystem2000), on this forum, the red pivot dot does not repaintafter it appears. Though it does take some bars after the pivot has formed to appear, it could be used as a filter? The Red Trendline(which changes according to market conditions) (called the Forecast High Trendline) could also be used? Maybe I am barking up the wrong tree here?

Perhaps the more experienced traders/programmers might be able to test and validate this theory?

Comments most welcome.

This forum has been a great inspiration and help to me. I thought I would try and contribute something.

Best Regards

Spy
Files:

Off Topic - re IBFX Broker

Greetings!

A big "THANK YOU" to all the contributors here, especially, TimeFreedom and David Willis, and of course, to Stevenali for TOP strategy.

I chanced upon this weblog -

Forex Street Weblog: InterbankFX related to FXLQ?.... I do not think so

re IBFX ties with FXLQ, which is now being investigated by the NFA.

Was just concerned that TF has been using IBFX broker as basis for this "continuous" forward testing of TOP strategy and it seems that IBFX might not be "broker of choice" as soon as its ties with FXLQ are proven, as well as for inadequate capital (with Congress set to increase capital requirements to $20 million).

You can get financial data here:

Financial Data for FCMs

Anyway, Keep up the great work. You are all very much appreciated.

Reason: