C-Trader (Watch out Freedom Rocks) - page 19

question

When you have placed more orders and they have reached your profit target, you close those orders. What then do you base your next set of orders on? Do you you base it on your Current balance or your equity?

Example

current balance: 101000

equity: 100800 (equity lower than current balance because first trade gave me 1000 profit target, original basket is -200 after closing 2nd positions).

So would I put my next set of orders in after my balance is less than 100000 or when my equity is less than 99800?

bkgridley:
When you have placed more orders and they have reached your profit target, you close those orders. What then do you base your next set of orders on? Do you you base it on your Current balance or your equity?

Example

current balance: 101000

equity: 100800 (equity lower than current balance because first trade gave me 1000 profit target, original basket is -200 after closing 2nd positions).

So would I put my next set of orders in after my balance is less than 100000 or when my equity is less than 99800?

99800. Balance is worth 0. Look at equity and equity alone.

Hi vtam. Thanks for sharing this strategy - interesting!

I've being following it for a week or so (just after the yen carrytrade starting to unwinding), opening a demo default basket and waiting... Equity increased by about 1% before falling back to 0.56% presently. Just wondering is this typical or is this juat a 'slow' period? It seems a bit sedate, I was hoping for a bit more activity

What Profit Levels

Originally Posted by VLO

Vtam I have no Take Profit Target and no stop loss targets. How, again, do I make money at this method?

VLO.

When you add and close out at a profit those adds, then you will increase you bankable equity.

Vtam you state above when you and add and close out at a profit? What profit levels, is this trader defined? There is nothing in the manual that states this is. Is it $ 10 or 10% of account? All it states is if it goes down by a certain $$ amount invoke the Martengale (Double Down) Method.

Please detail how one makes profit with this methodology. Anyone?

There are 2 ways to make money with this strategy. The first is by accrual of daily swap. The seconds occurs when Adds reach the current equity high. At that point the Adds are closed for a profit while the original basket is left open to continue the accrual of swap.

Rick

omelette:
Hi vtam. Thanks for sharing this strategy - interesting! I've being following it for a week or so (just after the yen carrytrade starting to unwinding), opening a demo default basket and waiting... Equity increased by about 1% before falling back to 0.56% presently. Just wondering is this typical or is this juat a 'slow' period? It seems a bit sedate, I was hoping for a bit more activity

This is not a very exciting method. In quiet times you might only trade 1-2 times per week. Boring yes...... but it seems to make money.

vtam:
This is not a very exciting method. In quiet times you might only trade 1-2 times per week. Boring yes...... but it seems to make money.

See what I mean? ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Files:

vtam:
See what I mean? ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I thought I understood your strategy until I studied this statement...

I assumed from the pdf explanation that you use a 1% fall from equity-high as a trigger to opening secondary orders (citing as you do a $100,000 account and $1000 dd's) but I see that there have been many positions opened in the past few days - while I have opened the same basket and have seen no secondary orders opened in almost 2 weeks...

I must therefore presume that it is much less that 1% - could you clarify please?

PS - Just had another look and see that while your core-position size appears to be 0.2 lots, there are many closed trades with this lot size - please tell me these were orders entered in safe-mode... If not, I'm clueless as to what is going on

Buy&Sell Basket Convolution indicator

Files:

CTrader_v01 Statement

2007.08.20-2007.08.31

Reason: