Terminator Version 4 - page 2

i started testing, and i let run both ways long and short now on the chart it is saying order is 0.01 lot size but im using whc trader they dont have micros

im not sure, will it still open orders?

cuz noone is open so far

connecting4less:
i started testing, and i let run both ways long and short now on the chart it is saying order is 0.01 lot size but im using whc trader they dont have micros

im not sure, will it still open orders?

cuz noone is open so far

The EA take the direction automatically, based on swap, you not need to configure anything, just attach it trading long and shorts, like any other EA

Account settings are taken automatically from the broker MarketInfo ( lot step,min lot size, account standard,mini)

if the EA show a lot size of 0.01 it is because the broker show 0.01 as min lot size on the MarketInfo but I have found wrong info on some demo servers of some Russian brokers, Alpari for example show a lotsize of 10000 on standard accounts

I don't know about whc but if it show 0.01 lot and the broker don't accept micro lots it will not work, they have a wrong setting on his demo server.

MinLots=NormalizeDouble(MarketInfo(Symbol(),23),2);

I tested the EA on IBFX, NF, FXLQ, VelocityFX and FXDD and it work fine but I never tested WHC, and don't work fine on Alpari because of the wrong MarketInfo.

I placed on alpari and it placed an order right away long yen

but it didnt place an order on whc

and the one on alpari it placed was a micro lot

Here is a real time live statement (Demo) Default settings.

http://www.mydemotesting.com/live/Project1972/demo1/statement.htm

I don't know about Alpari or WHC I didn't used Alpari from long time ago, maybe they fixed the configuration issue on their demo server, and I never tested WHC, the only thing I can tell you if that the EA request all the configuration info from the broker, if the server use the correct settings it will work, if not the MM could be wrong and other calculations can be wrong.

I use NF and IBFX to do all testing because their demo accounts don't expire anymore if you keep using and I have real accounts on both companies.

Good work!

After looking through the code of the EA, it looks like a lot of effort and excellent ideas have been put in there.

Specially after following of the original Terminator thread and its devastating account loss last year.

So far it seems, that several important account and trading protection tools have been implemented into this new release(actually i think it is a brand new version)

I have put the EA on a small live account with IBFX to see it work its way .

Thanks again for your efforts and sharing of this EA.

Janus

Question

Project 1972,

as it appears your EA is working very differently than previous Terminator or Martingale strategies.

On my live IBFX account it is more a trendfollower rather than a countertrend trading tool, which is highly appreaciated.

Entries and also exits seem to work much more sophisticated and well thought out than any version i have seen before.

I have the following question:

1.It seems that the EA bases lotsize on account equity.My 5000 USD IBFX mini account trades 0.05 lotsize, so i assume that each 1000USD give 0.01 lotsize.

In order to further reduce risk, i like to either manually set the initial lotsize(i assume to just put 1/2 of the current 0.1, if you want to trade with 50% less lotsize) or is there any way to set this manually for each pair?

2.I am also observing, unlike the other Martingale EA`s that your version is not all the time in a drawdown, due to the different setup.

I am currently using a "close all trades on profit" script set to 5% of account equity. Any way you would incorporate this into the EA?

Keep up the good work, this EA is looking very promising for my way of trading so far.

I will post statements at the end of each week, if you like.

Janus

JanusTrading:
Project 1972,

as it appears your EA is working very differently than previous Terminator or Martingale strategies.

On my live IBFX account it is more a trendfollower rather than a countertrend trading tool, which is highly appreaciated.

Entries and also exits seem to work much more sophisticated and well thought out than any version i have seen before.

I have the following question:

1.It seems that the EA bases lotsize on account equity.My 5000 USD IBFX mini account trades 0.05 lotsize, so i assume that each 1000USD give 0.01 lotsize.

In order to further reduce risk, i like to either manually set the initial lotsize(i assume to just put 1/2 of the current 0.1, if you want to trade with 50% less lotsize) or is there any way to set this manually for each pair?

2.I am also observing, unlike the other Martingale EA`s that your version is not all the time in a drawdown, due to the different setup.

I am currently using a "close all trades on profit" script set to 5% of account equity. Any way you would incorporate this into the EA?

Keep up the good work, this EA is looking very promising for my way of trading so far.

I will post statements at the end of each week, if you like.

Janus

I think your way of trading is pretty conservative an I agree in full with that. This EA is a Trend follower Swing Trader, it will not open and close trades like others versions, but rather follow the trend, the floating orders tend to be positive or be very small drawdown most of the time, the EA trust in the long trend, I don't not recommend to use any external script, I tested different approaches for long time, I did hundred of backtest on every pair and I truly think that those settings are the best in the long term, if you try to take small profit instead of let it run at the end you turn the risk in to a higher value an you will have the system running on more deep drawdown most of the time.

To modify the lotsize you can reduce the risk, by default it is 0.1 you can reduce to 0.05 or lower if you want, but I don't think it is necessary the pipstep is high depending on each pair and this AE don't double the lotsize on each progression. the MM is pretty conservative as is, and if the system get caught on a correction the Margin calculator will prevent the EA to open new positions.

The default settings are ready to run and trade 20, 30 pairs together and if you modify something you can alter the final balance.

Anyway if you want to test a different configuration you are free to do it.

I just started a demo mini account here: Statement: 1514515 - Terminator v4

Leverage

Project 1972,

my experience from trading has been that:

1.Frequent withdrawals at 5% total profit helps to reduce risk

2.Lower than suggested leverage(changing lotsize to a lower setting) has helped at least for me to survive all nasty moves in the past 14 month.

So i do not want to change anything in your coded EA logic, i simply try to play it ultra conservative, since a 24% annual return is just great for me.

Thanks again for your support and sharing this EA.

Hope you will continue to share your experience and any updates in here.

Janus

Hello,i will testing the EA on FXDD an i get following Error:

2007.04.02 17:06 Terminator vTSD-4[1].11 EURUSD,H1: SafeTradingRange=278 Pips Separation=35 TakeProfit=210 PipsSecureProfit=39

The EA make no Trades in the Strategytester???

What is the Problem?

webman:
Hello,i will testing the EA on FXDD an i get following Error:

2007.04.02 17:06 Terminator vTSD-4[1].11 EURUSD,H1: SafeTradingRange=278 Pips Separation=35 TakeProfit=210 PipsSecureProfit=39

The EA make no Trades in the Strategytester???

What is the Problem?

Its not an error, its the parameters detected by the range calculator, The EA didn't take positions on EURUSD on the last 3 months because EURUSD was in a uptrend for few months and it is against the positive swap on this pair..... if you check my two months statement you will not see any EURUSD trade on it.

The EA will not take positions on this condition....... anyway, EURUSD is one of the lowest profitable pairs for this strategy just because his trend on the last year was against the swap.

your SafeTradingRange=278 is too low, it tell me to me that you don't have good history data, you need at least 2 years of data on diary timeframe for the EA get the average range and the worst diary range on that pair.

Remenber this EA trade only if the trend is clearly defined at the favor of positive swap, The actual 200 days moving average of the EURUSD come to something like 1.31 (I checked it few days ago, it can be a little diferent today), it mean the EURUSD is STILL in uptrend because it didn't broken his 200 days moving average yet.

That's the reason for trade at least 20 pairs, it is because the EA can have many inactive months on some pairs until conditions to trade appear.

Reason: