PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 70

What Currency Pairs ??

Dear Don and Others,

Just chanced to read this thread. Am running on 6 CCy Pairs on 1M TF. Have a profit of 75+ Pips in less than 15 minutes. Please tell me what are the prefered time frames and Prefered CCY pairs for this EA. I am using PIPMAkerV9.

Edit after 45 Minutes :

Please see the attached Image - all the trades were stopped out twice - Loosing out more than $ 1000 ? Any reason why ?

Any explaination will help.

Thanks

Humble.

Files:

Please see this stech137 !!!

stech137:
If UseDPO and UseCCI indicators are used:

It will only trade short if 30Min-LWMA is below the daily open price of the currency and if the CCI 15M period(default) and CCI 1M period are below zero and if the price is >= 15 pips (default spacing) ABOVE the highest sell price (counter trend mode).

It will only trade long if 30Min-LWMA is above the daily open price of the currency and if the CCI 15M period(default) and CCI 1M period are above zero and if the price is >= 15 pips (default spacing) BELOW the lowest buy price (counter trend mode).

If you turn off UseDPO or UseCCI or both it will trade more often. If the 30 min. LWMA is above the opening daily candle price, the EA will only take longs even if the price drops straight down 100 pips. It may take a day before it starts doing shorts again. If you turn UseDPO off, it will takes longs and shorts during the day as long as the CCI values are above/below zero.

Do some back tests with different settings , i.e. with indicators turned on and off and you will see how the price reacts

Hi Stech137,

Today is my first day at this thread. I am very exciting.

I Backtested your EA pipMaker_V10 on eurjpy for Dec 1st to Dec end. With DPO = False and CCI = True.

On the 21st and 24th December - It started commiting Suicide.

See the attached chart and the Report. The trend on these 2 days and even beyond is UPWARD. Inspite of this CCI has taken several Short trades and on dec 28 - Looks like the account closed.

May be I am wrong - Please See why it went short - when the trend is Upward ? Is there a Bug ? Please take a deep Look.

Also my Modelling Quality is very poor - Just 24 %. - May be this is the culprit OR the variable CCIPeriod which is 15M must be checked with a higher time frame for confirmation ? OR simply use 2 EMAs (Say 7/21) for reconfirmation of entry ?

Looks like lot of effort has gone into this development. I am only genuinly trying to add value to this and use this EA soon.

Thanks

Humble.

humble_trader:
Hi Stech137,

Today is my first day at this thread. I am very exciting.

I Backtested your EA pipMaker_V10 on eurjpy for Dec 1st to Dec end. With DPO = False and CCI = True.

On the 21st and 24th December - It started commiting Suicide.

See the attached chart and the Report. The trend on these 2 days and even beyond is UPWARD. Inspite of this CCI has taken several Short trades and on dec 28 - Looks like the account closed.

May be I am wrong - Please See why it went short - when the trend is Upward ? Is there a Bug ? Please take a deep Look.

Also my Modelling Quality is very poor - Just 24 %. - May be this is the culprit OR the variable CCIPeriod which is 15M must be checked with a higher time frame for confirmation ? OR simply use 2 EMAs (Say 7/21) for reconfirmation of entry ?

Looks like lot of effort has gone into this development. I am only genuinly trying to add value to this and use this EA soon.

Thanks

Humble.

Hi, thanks for giving it a try. he reason I posted the EA here is so we could all try different configurations and come up with the best ones for each currency pair. The wrong settings will blow the account. I used the same settings but with UseDPO=true, and I got the following results:

If you read post #691 it explains the logic for the counter trend mode and why it will make a trade. I can't explain much better than that. Also see posts #611, and #677. Please read through the thread and keep trying different settings until you find the ones that work the best and share with us. This EA has many different options and they all haven't been tried yet on every currency pair, so I don't have all of the answers.

what is DPO

what is CCI

stech137:
Here are some results with small profits and small drawdown.

Settings:

TradeShort=true;

TradeLong=true;

UseDPO=true;

UseCCI=true;

CCIPeriod=15;

LotSize=0.2;

LotIncrement=0;

Multiplier=0;

ProfitTarget=2;

SL=0;

OpenOnTick=1;

Spacing=15;

TrendSpacing=1000;

CounterTrendMultiplier=0;

CloseDelay=91;

CeaseTrading=false;

PasueTrading="Pause Trading at Timeinterval";

StartTime=0;

EndTime=0;

QuitTrading="Quit Trading at Time";

endDayHourMinute=0;

RightSideLabel=true;

SessionTarget=10000;

MaximumBuyOrders=10;

MaximumSellOrders=10;

SLTotalinDollar=10000;

XPMA great trend indicator

tiger_wong:
You can find the mod which SL works based on equity in previous page. The mod is PipmakerNeoV5_mod2 Yes, it will be okay to test with these conditions. But the problem is, what indicators that can detect trend very well? Do you have any suggestions?

freedom131477:
what is DPO

what is CCI

You should just search for the CCI [from Woodie] and DPO [from DiNapoli] for further explanation - or check out stockcharts. XpMA is much better as you had said.

et_phonehome_2:
You should just search for the CCI [from Woodie] and DPO [from DiNapoli] for further explanation - or check out stockcharts. XpMA is much better as you had said.

ok i attach you DPO indicator

Files:
dpo.mq4  3 kb

stech137:
You need to try different settings for each currency pair. Let us know if you find a combination that works for the eur/usd.

Ok, thanks i work for this setting.

Kind rgds

Ones

www.consultingtrading.it - home page

Reason: