PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 71

Hello all! and thanks for creating the Pipmaker EA

.......... but how do I set it so it only trades once? I made a profit set at 20 pips ..... but then immediatly opened another order on the same pair!

I see there is a cease trading that can be set to false and I suppose I can set it to false right after a trade is open? ..... and it would not open another trade? .......... And unless I put a value in SL option ....... it will go from profit to a loss if not atended to. I like to set it and forget it at times. And I do realize this might be a really nice EA to use semi automated and decide if and when to enter. IMO

Thanks again!

ut2DaMax

Thanks... This EA proven to be good on EU, EJ and GJ. All green pips have been collected.

Hi stech137, could you add "hibernate" function, which we can activate true to close all trades with complete cycle,and not to open any new trades till we enable hibernate again to false? This will be a useful option to control this ea. Thanks in advance.

stech137:
You need to try different settings for each currency pair. Let us know if you find a combination that works for the eur/usd.

sivach:
Hi stech137, could you add "hibernate" function, which we can activate true to close all trades with complete cycle,and not to open any new trades till we enable hibernate again to false? This will be a useful option to control this ea. Thanks in advance.

I think the session target setting already in the EA will do what you want. Just put in the dollar amount of the profit you want to take and the EA will stop trading when the target is reached.

Thanks stech137.

stech137:
I think the session target setting already in the EA will do what you want. Just put in the dollar amount of the profit you want to take and the EA will stop trading when the target is reached.

ok thanks, I will try Session Target

ok thanks I will try Session Target and profit target to see if this stops trading after a profit is taken. I see I am not the only one wanting clarification on this.

thanks

ut2DaMax

Thanks stech137, session target working properly, but, I like to see and set the targets in pip value, and set the target seperately for both long and short positions, is that possible? For example for long positions 10 pips take profit target and for short positions 15 pips target, imho, this will improve performance more, as I have seen at the end of a cycle, we lose considerabe pips on the other side by not having a trailing stop. I hope you see my view, thanks.

stech137:

sivach:
Thanks stech137, session target working properly, but, I like to see and set the targets in pip value, and set the target seperately for both long and short positions, is that possible? For example for long positions 10 pips take profit target and for short positions 15 pips target, imho, this will improve performance more, as I have seen at the end of a cycle, we lose considerabe pips on the other side by not having a trailing stop. I hope you see my view, thanks.

Well, you can pretty much do that now because you can just set tradelong=true and tradeshort=false and take only long trades (vice a versa for shorts only) and then set your session target to collect the profit for only longs. I don't see any real advantage for setting the profit target in pips. Any kind of stop loss attached to each individual order ends up making the sequence of trades unprofitable, that's why they originally put in the stop loss in total dollar (SLTotalinDollar) function. Thanks for your viewpoint, though. Feel free to tinker with the source code if you so desire you may come up with the best version yet!

Thanks stech137, really appreciate your reply, thanks for your time and contribution here.

stech137:
Well, you can pretty much do that now because you can just set tradelong=true and tradeshort=false and take only long trades (vice a versa for shorts only) and then set your session target to collect the profit for only longs. I don't see any real advantage for setting the profit target in pips. Any kind of stop loss attached to each individual order ends up making the sequence of trades unprofitable, that's why they originally put in the stop loss in total dollar (SLTotalinDollar) function. Thanks for your viewpoint, though. Feel free to tinker with the source code if you so desire you may come up with the best version yet!

humble_trader:
Dear Stech,

This EA works great.

On using the SessionTarget = $ 500. How does the EA handle the Loosing trades - I mean the trades that are open and In RED ?

Can you please explain.

Since today Midnight - GBP/JPY went up and down very badly - hence have several Shorts and longs open - and all in RED.

See the results & Graph since Begining of the 15th Jan.

Thanks

Humble

Humble,

Which version of the EA are you using? If you are using Pipmaker_V10, it will only close trades when the profit of the entire sequence of trades (longs and shorts) is equal to the ProfitTarget. Meanwhile, when the indicators line up it will keep making trades up to the MaxBuyOrders or MaxSellOrders amount by spacing pips away (or trendspacing pips away if enabled) until the ProfitTarget is met. By the way, the SessionTarget is the profit target for each individual currency pair that the EA is attached to, not for the total profit of multiple currency pairs.

Reason: