Phoenix is here! - page 23

kihl:
Thanks Yauhen Btw which broker you are testing the EA? IBX? NF? SB?

http://neuimex.com and http://www.utgfx.com

results almost identical

TO ALL

please, somebody can make backtest this EA with 90% modeling quality?

Phoenix did not do well this past week. It bombed on the gamble. Testing other settings and checking the server time setting. Anyone do any better this past week?

The phoenix is still not stable and need to monitor it manually.My last week results is also not so good.

Dear Mr Hendrick,

Hi, hope you enjoy your vacation in Thailand. I am from Malaysia, south of Thailand. I am new in this forum but I got some knowledge in programming.

Today I just starting run both EA in separate ac at Meta4 to see their performance.

Just need some clarification :

1) PhoenixV1.2 - after convert your default setting of time from/until(GMT +2) to my local time(GMT + 8), do i need to sort it out from small to big or it dosent matter...your setting was 8, 12,13,15,16,18,19,22...and after convert to my local time it become 14,18,19,21,22,24,1,4...so should i arrange it to be 1,4,14,18,19,21,22,24?

2) Firebird v63H02 - your default setting time from/until(GMT +2) shown 0,24,0,0,0,10,0,0...should i also change it to my local time? and my doubt also why at your initial time range was 0 to 24 and at setting # 3 was 0 to 10?, my logic thinking was if your 1st setting was from 0 to 24 it already telling the system to trade 24hrs? ...am i right

3) Firebird v63H02 - Is GMT setting has to be set as per your default numbers of 2 or should i put 8 cause my GMT is +8

4) Firebird v63H02/PhoenixV1.2- As you mentioned at manual for the MA TimeFrame..."Put the number of minutes here of the chart you are using,10 for M10 charts. 1440 for D1 charts. etc Just use the number that matches your chart unless you want to do some testing."...I saw some people posting at forum their report the setting was still at default eventhough some of them was running at different timeframe...so does it affect the prog performance?

5) If after run the ea and i turn off the pc, it is the system will still running?

TQ

Rupar

Files:

Hendrick:
For those who thought Phoenix was dead I have a surprise .... it's not!! .... It's alive and kicking!! Phoenix version 3 is completely different. It's redesigned from top to bottom....

Phoenix version 3 work in progress:

Backwards results for the EURUSD for 2 weeks, 1 month, 2 months and 4 months.

Hi Hendrick,

I am surprised you have worked very hard for Phoenix! Thank you very much..! I am very eager to test version 3, hopefully we all could get it soon. Impressive results you posted.

Anyway, looking at the 4 different results, I have a few questions that maybe you could help me understanding it. Comparing those 4 results, I noticed that the "parameters" for all 4 results are the same and all tested in 15 minutes timeframe. So, how exactly those have different result?

My second question is, looking at all 4 results, zooming into the "period" where it is stated the timeframe and the period of testing, I saw some inconsistency that I dont understand. Let me explain, please look at PH3_2_EURUSD_4M.htm as an example. In the file, the period is stated as "15 Minutes (M15) 2006.02.20 00:00 - 2006.08.18 00:00 (2006.04.18 - 2006.08.18)". Look at the date I colored in red. First it says 20 Feb, but in the parenthesis, it is 18 April. Can you explain please?

This inconsistency with the date are also in the other 3 results. I hope you can check why your result is presented as such, bugs in MT4 reporting perhaps.

Thank you Hendrick!

-RJ1 from Malaysia-

Hendrick:
For those who thought Phoenix was dead I have a surprise .... it's not!! .... It's alive and kicking!! Phoenix version 3 is completely different. It's redesigned from top to bottom.... Phoenix version 3 work in progress:

Hi Hendrick!

Glad to see you! Can i make testing you new Phoenix ?

hi

how download V3?

thx

Some update on the the development of Phoenix version 4 (yes.. I killed version 3!). This version is working with a proper money management module (you can find an explanation here https://www.mql5.com/en/code/7927. I like it because it keeps the MD as low as possible. It increases the number of lots (and your net profit) when the EA is performing well and decreases them when the EA is not performing as it should be.

Version 4 is very different (maybe I should give it another name than Phoenix). I have attached 4 reports that show you the importance of money management (all report 90% modelling quality):

test 1 MM=true risk 0.02 decrease factor 3

test 2 MM=true risk 0.02 decrease=false (MD will increase!)

test 4 MM=false (more profit but MD will increase)

test 4 MM=true risk 0.1 decrease 3 (only for the daredevils.. but look at the net profit!).

Files:

Waiting for the new phoenix arrival ...Its nice to see hendrick is around here...Thanks

Reason: