PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 173

I think i have figured it out. This EA will not open any trades unles ALL other trades are closed, even if its a different pair.

I was trading USDJPY on demo. The minute i closed it manually, GBPUSD opened.

Then I closed the GBPUSD and opened a manual EURUSD. The EA did not trade. I closed the EURUSD and immediately, the GBPUSD opened again...

Does this make sense?

Yes, it make sense.

extern bool ExclusiveMode = true; //will not trade if any other open order is found, either same symbol and different magic, either other symbol no matter magic

OK. do you need me to amend the code? WHat should i change it too.

Can you also look at something else? When money management is off, the lot sizes i try and trade with do not match what I request, and neither do the increments. Have a look please.

Thanks

Just set ExclusiveMode = false;

When true is not trading if any other order is open - to protect account from excessive drawdown. .

I'll check lot sizes in manual mode.

ok done. Should work now!

Thanks for your help. Got there in the end I think. Lets hope it trades now!

Hey enforcer

The EA works. I had some trades in EURJPY, EURUSD and GBPUSD. Thanks for your help in making this work - it was a simple solution.

With its logic, what other pairs should this work on? Those that can trend or those that are better at ranging?

Hard to say...

Run some tests and find proper settings for each pair.

Anyway, keep an eye on open trades, never know when trend go crazy.

Sorry to be such a pest again. I dont think many management works. I am trading with MM off. I have requested 0.1 lots with pf of 5. However, it is trading with 0.13 lots...

COuld be a coding issue here.

Interesting EA. It's got a lot of potential.

Well, I back tested this on EURUSD for 2008, it was doing great until December. Then I noticed a problem it has quite often. It will open trends going in an opposite direction (not sure which setting turns this off). See near the end of the trades. December wiped out the balance. I had to reset lot size to 0.1 (broker), switch TradeComment in 2 of the OrderSend() functions to "TradeComment" (error stated it wasn't a string).

Now, I am still very impressed w/ this. I see Enforcer is working on the Loss management piece. That will be sweet.

Now, to Enforcer,

I'm willing to do all Optimization on this EA. I've got a server thats an Intel Core 2 Duo 3.16 Ghz, 8gb ram and about 2TB of space. It runs 24/7. I'll setup a dedicated virtual PC and give it all the cpu power of the box. Just tell me whic metatrader you want me to run (ie. from a broker and/or just metaquotes). ...And where you want me to get the historical data from (the Alpari databank has been down for quite a while).

Enforcer:
Version 16 Changes from v15_5:
Files:

nondisclosure007:
Well, I back tested this on EURUSD for 2008, it was doing great until December. Then I noticed a problem it has quite often. It will open trends going in an opposite direction (not sure which setting turns this off). See near the end of the trades. December wiped out the balance. I had to reset lot size to 0.1 (broker), switch TradeComment in 2 of the OrderSend() functions to "TradeComment" (error stated it wasn't a string).

Now, I am still very impressed w/ this. I see Enforcer is working on the Loss management piece. That will be sweet.

Now, to Enforcer,

I'm willing to do all Optimization on this EA. I've got a server thats an Intel Core 2 Duo 3.16 Ghz, 8gb ram and about 2TB of space. It runs 24/7. I'll setup a dedicated virtual PC and give it all the cpu power of the box. Just tell me whic metatrader you want me to run (ie. from a broker and/or just metaquotes). ...And where you want me to get the historical data from (the Alpari databank has been down for quite a while).

True is not many EA survived end of 2008 period, not even commercial ones.

Read few post back, I explained issue with comment not string - old MT4 build.

Use money management and set risk of level you desire, no need to reset anything.

Look inside script at external variables, each have a description.

About loss management, best is to set a level of 20-25% for max DD and set to true just to not place any trades if DD is over DD level.

It would be great if you can run several optimizations for several pairs.

About history data, any you can get, same for brokers.

I use Alpari UK/Alpari RU mainly, but do some test on other major brokers.

No point in run test on obscure/scam brokers or with bad data feed.

Reason: