New Firebird EA - page 12

Does MW direct allow the lotsize you try to use?

tommy:
hi

please forgive my english...

I put the same strategy (Firebird v1.0c) into two platform from two other broker ( Northfinance and MW Direct) with the same settings and first work but second dont work. Setting from option/strategy from platform is the same too. Where is the problem , please help me , i will be thankfull.

regards

hi

i asked MW Direct if its possible to trade with an EA

this was the answer:

Unfortunately we can not activate our expert advisors at the moment but we

will contact you in future if we're able to do so.

Best Regards

Thanks

So i thought that this broker looks too well...

iscuba11:
Kamyar, on the currencies you are trading, I am already down $156.00 trading Firebird Firebird_v1-0c1 since the opening tonight at 0 GMT - Not a good start for the week. I have tried to think up what type of filter would work to minimize this hemorrhage, but I don't have a clue.
Dave <<<

hi Dave

almost the same situation here.as i said i use nothing for filter and no any changes in the setting.the EA was deactivated at NFP time.in fact, it had some open positions(from the day before NFP) but the EA did not trade at news time.

here is my latest statment.also 1-2days even one month forward testing can not be much reliabale.i'm very keen to see the functionality of the EA in a Trend market.

Files:
1_1.htm  48 kb

Can you please help me to change the lot number , If I want to trade with the double lot, what should I do now?

Thanks so much.

suggestion

kamyar:
hi Dave

almost the same situation here.as i said i use nothing for filter and no any changes in the setting.the EA was deactivated at NFP time.in fact, it had some open positions(from the day before NFP) but the EA did not trade at news time.

here is my latest statment.also 1-2days even one month forward testing can not be much reliabale.i'm very keen to see the functionality of the EA in a Trend market.

HI Dave and Kamyar,

I have been having good success with following pairs:

UsdChf EurUsd UsdCad

I was using UsdJpy AudUsd GbpUsd,, but after forward testing I dropped these 3 pairs and doing better now..

Hope this will help you,

Leghton

leightonbeaty:
HI Dave and Kamyar,

I have been having good success with following pairs:

UsdChf EurUsd UsdCad

I was using UsdJpy AudUsd GbpUsd,, but after forward testing I dropped these 3 pairs and doing better now..

Hope this will help you,

Leghton

hi mate

thx for your suggestion.apperciated.we r all here to find out the best pairs and etting and so on for working with this ea.i a gree with . as u can see in my per. those pairs u pointesd out have made good result.we better continue live testing to find more about it.keep up the good work

sorry maybe this is a noob question, but can this firebird work on northfinance? I tried but no smiley face appeared... can anyone help me?

caventou:
sorry maybe this is a noob question, but can this firebird work on northfinance? I tried but no smiley face appeared... can anyone help me?

You need to enable the EA at middle top Meta4 menu. Ensure at tools option, thick at allow life trading and unthick at ask manual confirmation.....good luck

Hi guys,

I haven't been through the concept of this EA yet in detail but I was wondering if adding in another entry rule, such as a falling RSI or such like, on the entry criteria.

The 1 min charts can be pretty choppy which is best for EA's like this, but mini-trends can run, and if the edge of the channel is hit a continuing move of 2-3 bars could continue before a potential change of direction is seen. The trend filter may do some of this job, but taking in another element may improve the entry position, esp. if we have to wait for the RSI to be lower than the previous bar.

Just an idea ATM. Need to do some more chart gazing to see if this would be a real improvement.

G-Man

Reason: